Hero
Sign in to follow this  
PepperBelly

Vote for your favourite background image!

Which background image do you like best?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which background image do you like best?

• Image 1: InfidelNZ
    • Image 2: SoulMiner
    • Image 3: Rossdl
    • Image 4: Sea Snake

Can I mention that the image in my background is meant to be changed out to suit the 'topic of the day' e.g. if a new ship gets released you can place a pic of that in the background :)

*shameless plug*

Well if I am lucky enough to win the contest I have already changed the color of the exploration and trading text to white to make it more visible, not sure why I didn't notice it but definitely worth changing.

Can we please compress the images because they take forever to load

Heheh, the biggest one is only 3.5MB and the smallest is 700KB. It should only take a second for all 4 to load.

Any of these images would be great,however number four actually states our organisation charter of Exploration and trading so I have voted for that one.Otherwise this choice would have been very difficult .
All are fantastic pieces of artwork :)

Alright, the competition is over. The leadership will now recluse themselves in order to tally the votes. The count will be made public in the matter of hours.

edit: the votes are in, and the winner is Sea Snake. Great effort by everyone though, it was not an easy choice.

The leadership will now recluse themselves in order to tally the votes.

edit: the votes are in, and the winner is Sea Snake. Great effort by everyone though, it was not an easy choice.

Wait, so I went out and bought this calculator for nothing?

Voted for 4 as well however a few caveats.

1. I wasn't aware we were a corporation. We are listed as an organization according to RSI. It really doesn't matter to me but I thought I'd point it out.

2. As others have pointed out the first half of "Exploration and Trading Corporation" is lost against the light backdrop of the clouds. on the other end the "Advance" seems far too bright. That said I really think the orange and white motif looks incredible against the backdrop of the planet and horizon. I'm absolute rubbish at graphic design so I have no constructive way to fix it other than to say make it lighter / darker.

I want to say thank you to everyone that submitted designs, I had a lot of fun doing this and enjoyed seeing other peoples work and ideas. They all looked amazing! Also I would like to that everyone that voted for my design given some imperfections to it, and with that said I did make some necessary changes that people pointed out.

So I just wanted to post the updated images after some fine tuning listening to all the considerations, I made another one with Org vice Corp as well depending on what term we want to use. Once again thank you to all.

291je6b.jpg

zirmo1.jpg

Sign in to follow this