Hero
Sign in to follow this  
malogos

890 Jump - $600, Limited Inventory

I agree, but aren't Bengal's ownable? That or the Javelin Destroyer?

Bengal's are "controllable", meaning they're online 24/7 and so must be constantly defended. I also doubt there will be more than 5 at the start of the PU.

We don't know much about the Javelin and Panther, but I think we should aim for those at first. The Bengal is more of an "end-game" goal.

Bengal's are "controllable", meaning they're online 24/7 and so must be constantly defended. I also doubt there will be more than 5 at the start of the PU.

We don't know much about the Javelin and Panther, but I think we should aim for those at first. The Bengal is more of an "end-game" goal.

Exactly. The Idris may the biggest ship that you can dock beside your hangar and log off without fear of having it stolen, just like your other in-hangar ships. Anything bigger and it will remain in the PU constantly, requiring an ORG to man and defend it 24/7.

The Idris would be the ship to buy in the PU for the ORG hangar as its purchasable flagship.
Anything bigger, like the Bengal would likely require salvage or raiding (against pirates or other hostile factions).

Exactly. The Idris may the biggest ship that you can dock beside your hangar and log off without fear of having it stolen, just like your other in-hangar ships. Anything bigger and it will remain in the PU constantly, requiring an ORG to man and defend it 24/7.

The Idris would be the ship to buy in the PU for the ORG hangar as its purchasable flagship.
Anything bigger, like the Bengal would likely require salvage or raiding (against pirates or other hostile factions).

Being in the PU constantly doesn't necessarily mean constant defense is needed. Obviously some NPC manned turrets and fighters are going to be there anyway, but thats beside the point. A lot of us are going to be in Carracks, Aquilas, and other explorer ships. Whats preventing us from finding some isolated sector in space to keep the flagship in?

Being in the PU constantly doesn't necessarily mean constant defense is needed. Obviously some NPC manned turrets and fighters are going to be there anyway, but thats beside the point. A lot of us are going to be in Carracks, Aquilas, and other explorer ships. Whats preventing us from finding some isolated sector in space to keep the flagship in?

There's a possibility we might be able to park large ships in safe space. That's really our main chance of maintaining something like a Panther or Javelin.

Hiding a ship like that seems like wishful thinking, though. If TA has a few hundred explorers, how many will the PU population have? Of the roughly 100 systems, the majority will be pre-populated with NPCs and already explored. Let's say that 50 are relatively unknown and open. 50 systems / 2,000,000 PU players * the percentage of those that explore. Secret spots might not even exist.

On top of that, you'll have pirate spies in the Org. It's better to just not have to keep that kind of info secret.

aint there a mega biggy haulership coming on lti market soon aswell ?

The MISC Hull C is releasing in the coming weeks, and judging by what we've seen out of the Wave 3 ships so far, it's gonna be a hauler's wet dream.

it will be my last ship that i buy though ....

That's what they all say

then that might be the last ship ill be buying as as my goal will then be completed.
the goal toward the play direction i wish to go for that is.

although i migt need a starfarer aswel to get fuel but maybe buying fuel is option....

1 ship for exploring a bit
1 workhorse ship salvaging recovering
1 luxery cruise ship with a wow factor to poke ather peoples eyes out
1 big arse trucking ship as i'm a trucker irl and i love big s**t so a vessle i can afford that ia about 260 meters ... oh yes i want that one.

and you wright thats what they all say ....... also counts for me hahahaha i might want a mining and fuel truck aswell