Tactical Advance

Is the Carrack for you? (Poll)

Are you going to buy the Carrack  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy the Carrack

• Maybe
    • No
    • Yes

Maybe it is for me since I really wanna take up the role of an explorer in the game. But I really don't know until they release the tech specs for it. Versus the aquila the carrack has lesser engine power and at this point it doesn't have any additional additional equipment slots but I hope it makes up for the lesser engine power with more thrusters.
I'll have to wait and see until tomorrow. One of the reasons I might pick the carrack over the aquila is how it looks because I think the aquila looks really cool on the outside but doesn't look too cool on the inside but what I have seen from the few pictures there are of the carracks bridge I can say this is one of my favourite looking ships in the game yet.

After watching Around the Verse, I'm changing my vote from NO to MAYBE. A lot of good info came out. I might byte the bullet if the $350 price tag is for a game package. I will have to melt my DUR and Aurora and, if this will only be a standalone ship for $350, it's a no go for me.

got it.
Can't resist the modular system and drones. Exploring snub should be a fun thing to do as well. Will be looking for a crew when the time comes.

Modules that I plan on getting will be
medical
repair
cargo

we will see...

I have no idea what happened. One minute I was watching some youtube clips while listening to the discussions on teamspeak. I had no intention of buying a new ship and then all of a sudden, I'm reading "Thank you for your purchase". Exploring is the activity I want to put most hours in when playing, so I think the Carrack is a good addition to my hangar.

I would love to own one - exploration is really my cup of tea - but I had to vote 'no'.
I'm seeing this incredible ship as a goal of mine once the game launches. It gives me something to strife for. Although, with my recently purchased Banu Merchantman I'm speculating it won't take that many trades.

Same here. These last couple of day's I thought the Carrack isn't for me. But as of today I have one.
After trading, exploring is the seccond thing which I'm going to do in the verse (besides running patrol missions in my Hornet)

Quick update, today's RtV mentioned that the Carrack will be reconfigurable for a command&control type of role. If I ever get it in game, it will be because of that.

Quick update, today's RtV mentioned that the Carrack will be reconfigurable for a command&control type of role. If I ever get it in game, it will be because of that.

Not sure if that is really appealing for a ship with mostly minimal armament (for its size). Personally I'd rather that job fell to a Connie. If the Phoenix interior will be more configurable (hopefully earlier in the PU than later) than I'd rather have that as a C&C ship at the start I think.

I would purchase based on future specs and mostly off the need for such a ship. Whether or not the organization has one or not (or many) will finalize my decision. We should definitely have a look/see on the demographic of who has purchased what already and what NEEDS to be purchased to fill those rolls.

I would purchase based on future specs and mostly off the need for such a ship. Whether or not the organization has one or not (or many) will finalize my decision. We should definitely have a look/see on the demographic of who has purchased what already and what NEEDS to be purchased to fill those rolls.

I think at this point in time, with so many members. Its safe to say the org likely has every ship (except the really big ones) in plentiful numbers, Carrack included.
So the only question you need to ask is, "do I want one", and am I ok with either pledging for one during the next sale or just waiting to get one in the PU.