Tactical Advance
22Actual

Arena Commander Racing

I'll be adding a lot of stuff. (basically a copy from here)

Team Principle: TBD
Active Racers: Prism, Methos(Mark), 22Actual

Circuit Fastest Lines: How to get around each circuit that fastest:
Old Vanderval - M50 v0.9
Rikkord Memoral - M50 v0.9
Defford Link - M50 v0.9.2 (v0.9)

Racing Flight School: (PM or Reply and I will add them here)
Race Starts / Launch Control
Racing Changes in 0.9.2 - Boost and the M50 control v0.9.2
Joystick set up v0.9
Finding the fastest line
Gamepad Setup (Linear sticks) (Prism)
Very good Joystick Mapping tool for SC (Tac)

Having fun with the racing module: You don't need an M50/350R:
Racing the 300i v0.9
Racing the Hornet v0.9
Racing the Aurora v0.9

I like racing but I am hesitant to invest it in yet, you should be forced to follow a track, not be able to stop and cut past massive corners. from a competitive standpoint racing is not really exist yet. I'm sure i'll be interested in it when i see something closer to how it should work at launch. I think i will be very interested in general piloting/flying and becoming proficient with it. Always loved the Grand turismo and Forza games though, love the sim racing games.

I feel the same way. I dabbled in racing with Aurora, Hornet, M50, 350R (that was when the racers were free to use) and I like racing because it also improves my dogfighting effectiveness, reactions and control but I think lap times are bull cr@p as long as people cut half of the course in between checkpoints.

I like racing but I am hesitant to invest it in yet, you should be forced to follow a track, not be able to stop and cut past massive corners. from a competitive standpoint racing is not really exist yet. I'm sure i'll be interested in it when i see something closer to how it should work at launch. I think i will be very interested in general piloting/flying and becoming proficient with it. Always loved the Grand turismo and Forza games though, love the sim racing games.

In some interviews the mentioned specifically that they wanted people to find different and interesting ways to get from checkpoint to checkpoint.

Think of it more like racing for checkpoints through a city then a purpose built track. Pilot skill has 2 main facets, finding the best line and being the best pilot...

They mentioned that there will be changes in the circuits in an upcoming patch. So we can see then how they change the checkpoints.

I, at present, don't have a computer powerful enough to download and play STAR CITIZEN and therefore have to satisfy myself with watching youtube videos. I find the racing module very entertaining to watch, but so far there have been no decent organised racing matches. I think it would great if members of the TACTICAL ADVANCE forum got together to organise category group specific matches to post on youtube.
For example:-
Category group 1 racing, could be the specific group exclusive for M50, 350r, and Mustang Gamma/omega ships to compete against each other.

Category group 2 racing, could be the specific group exclusive for 300i/315p/325a and the Avenger to compete against each other.

Category group 3 racing, could be the specific group exclusive for all Hornet variants and the Mustang Alpha/Beta to compete against each other.

Category group 4 racing could be the specific group exclusive for all Cutlass variants to compete against each other.

Category group 5 racing could be the specific group exclusive for all Aurora variants to compete against each other

This could also be changed altered according new ship racing variants being added or ship stats being changed. For example if a racing variant of the Avenger is released it could compete in "group 1 racing", or if a variant of the aurora is given a higher top speed that enables to compete against the Cutlasses it would be moved up to "group 4 racing".
I hope this suggestion is taken into consideration as would I love to see races such as these posted on youtube.

During the last Anniversary sale i picked up 3 Orion Racing Suits and a couple UEE Environmental Coats to use as prizes in a race I would host. So it's in the works.

As for the categories we'd have to separate them by each ship:
350R
M50
Omega/Gamma

Then maybe an open race for the rest, but I only have 3 1st place prizes...

The problem with group 1 is that the 350R is 4 seconds faster than the M50 which is 4 seconds faster than the Omega/Gamma...