Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Ganks For 5 CS

Building a new PC, does this look ok?

Not sure if I'm missing anything but this is what I'm looking at.

• Asus GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card £259.99

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.40GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor - Retail £167.99

Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9 1866MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit (CMY16GX3M2A1866C9) £149.99

Iiyama Prolite E2481HS-B1 24" Widescreen LED Super Slim Bezel Monitor - Black £131.99

Asus Z87I PROFESSIONAL Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 Mini-ITX £124.99

Crucial M500 240GB SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive - (CT240M500SSD1) £99.95

BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Cube Case - Midnight Black £69.95

Corsair CS650M 650W Semi-Modular 80+ GOLD Certified Power Supply (CP-9020077-UK) £67.99

Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 Fan - 120mm £19.99

OcUK 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM £19.99

Zalman ZM-MIC1 Microphone £6.95

Total : £1,141.19

I have included everything I think i'll need except a keyboard. I already have a mouse so that's fine. Monitor has speakers in it (unless this isn't how it works) and the microphone for teamspeak. o_o I heard I can just take out the SSD of my laptop with windows 7 on it, plug it straight in and it will work? If so I can take off £99.

Just make sure the GPU is going to fit in that Mini ITX case.
You could have problems with Windows, depends on the version you have with your laptop. If its an OEM version, then technically that version is tied to the motherboard and or brand of the laptop.
Give it a go, you'll always get a while to get a new key should it not register.
Also, I'd always recommend a clean install for that much of a change in hardware.

I will say this and tryin to not sound like a downer but.. looks good... for now.
My 2 bits are to w8 for closer to launch.
Stuff you get now will be outdated by then. Certainly playable but 1st think how much better it would be to wait and get a top of the line pc along with our top of the line game.

just my opinion though :D

I will say this and tryin to not sound like a downer but.. looks good... for now.
My 2 bits are to w8 for closer to launch.
Stuff you get now will be outdated by then. Certainly playable but 1st think how much better it would be to wait and get a top of the line pc along with our top of the line game.

just my opinion though :D

I agree, if this is for mainly SC and your not one for maximum graphics then this will be great. If you love graphics and want the best then you will need to buff the cpu and the gpu. however regardless of what you need/want your better off waiting till just before the game comes out as we will all have a better idea on what the specs will be and the newer gpu's and stuff will probably be out