Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Sign in to follow this  
Grissom

X55: Only getting 1 direction on 3 stick Axis

Any help with this?  This is a SC only issue. Ive checked a few other games with no problems. Im only getting Pitch down and roll,rudder left on all directions of the stick. I have no clue what to do to fix this issue. Ive had several other issues with X55/SC, but a profile fixed all but the axis issue. I REALLY do not want to re-learn to fly with a mouse. 

Any help with this?  This is a SC only issue. Ive checked a few other games with no problems. Im only getting Pitch down and roll,rudder left on all directions of the stick. I have no clue what to do to fix this issue. Ive had several other issues with X55/SC, but a profile fixed all but the axis issue. I REALLY do not want to re-learn to fly with a mouse. 

I'm sure someone can help. Don't know much about it myself but if it works ok in other games then it's an SC issue. I have seen many people saying to rename (or delete, personal pref) your controls game file then restart SC to create a new file to use.

Also try a search on the RSI forum. It will have happened to others too I would think and you will get more details with regards to the control file you need.

Go to your Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> find your HOTAS. Now there should be a display telling you what inputs are being registered (all axes, buttons etc.), see if everything checks out. If it doesn't, go into your driver and find the calibration option and run through it. 

If things check out but the problem persists, start messing with your keybindings in SC. This wouldn't be the first time the game got completely the wrong idea about which stick was plugged in (I think for the longest time it used to register the throttle as yaw left/right on one of the HOTAS by default). Keep in mind there are 3 commands for each of the 6 axes of movement in SC, for example pitch:

1. pitch up
  2. pitch down
  3. pitch

The first 2 are used when you want to assign pitch to keyboard buttons. The last one is for when you have some sort of analogue control device, like your stick, so always use that one, NOT THE FIRST 2. It sounds like the game assigned your stick to 'pitch down' instead of 'pitch' for whatever reason. I hope this helps and let me know.

Well I've deleted my mapping in SC, I've ensured there was nothing assigned to "pitch up, down" only to pitch, ect. Nothing has worked. I deleted and re-installed Star Citizen only to be met by a "connection error" message every time. Just my luck... 

Have tried different control profiles? Options->Keybindings->[switch to the default X55 profile]->Advanced Controls Customization->click on the drop-down in the bottom right and see if there are alternative profiles for it. Also, have you tried calibrating it yet, and made sure the inputs register properly outside SC?

Venn, I've played Arma 3 and Warthunder, ive also Calibrated all Axis in the X55 Profiler. Right now I cant do much diagnosing because I can no longer get into SC with this new issue. I have not tried any other Profiles, BUT, I was having this issue before I got a new profile. I was hoping it would help. Soon as I get SC back up I will try another profile.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE ( best Professor imitation). Either a fresh install or 1.1.1 fixed my issue. I must have reinstalled it right when 1.1.1 released, which explains not being able to connect. Thank you for your help Venn!