Tactical Advance

Will you join Tactical Advance for it's FFXIV Journey?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will you Join us?

• To battle!
    • It's not for me, sorry!

Greetings everyone,

I have heard a lot of push for our organization to take on a live MMORPG that legitimately has content and is a reasonably new release. This is a big hurdle and undertaking when it comes to our organization because we struggle with the fact we currently back Star Citizen. Through much discussion throughout the high command we have looked at many different types of games. Everything from Ark to ARMA 3 we have reviewed. After a final meeting we have decided we as a community will back Final Fantasy 14, Heaven's Ward. The high command will be backing this movement, everybody including myself and Tactical Advance will be gathering on Final Fantasy 14 along with the launch of the new expansion.

Heavensward_1en-01.jpg

Why have we chosen FFXIV?

• It's not an early release game, it's solid with seasoned content.
  • The new expansion allows us to introduce ourselves with relative equal footing.
  • There is both PVP and PVE content.
  • There is lot's of community building mechanics like Guild Housing.
  • It covers a genre we haven't traditionally catered to, fantasy. It will help us expand as a gaming community. 

Yep, this game is quiet unique and we as a community are vast. We have many different types of players, this game will probably not be a good fit for a lot of people, but this is the same hurdle we face with any other game.

The other hurdle is the game is fairly pricey, it's a AAA game with a subscription model. 

Here is where pricing is laid out:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/heavensward/#reserve

I highly encourage people to hop on board and help us march to victory!

For Tactical Advance!

Cheers,

Dirk Mire

Edited by Dirk Mire

I am under the expression that we cant even play the expansion until we've finished all the story quest which is like 15 hours worth? Without counting getting lvl capped. Just want to understand the details before i purchase the expand. Because if i have to do all that first, rather save some money for a bit and buy it once i've completed all of these requirements.

I don't think that's specifically how it works. Historically, it wasn't really like that. Also the story quests are honestly pretty fast, you can power through that np. still, the expansion doesn't come out for 5 days. 

Don't worry about the expansion until you get to 50 in one class--you can't use it until then. You can get multiple classes, rather than having multiple characters--and for some things, you need them.

I can help with quests and info and stuff, as I have a 50 with multiple other classes.

I'm happy to role with this no problem. I quite fancy it tbh as I have never played a FF game before. But I thought we were discussing SWTOR to play too?

So question.....is it FF in and SW out from here on? I'm good to do either but would like to know what sort of numbers we have on FF first. Can we have a maybe depending on numbers catagory to vote.

I will not be participating in FFXIV. I believe its a great game.. i think i have a level 40 something paladin. Its an amazing MMO and if MMO's are what you are into then you can do not do any wrong with this game. Graphics are beautiful, effects are amazing. Such a good game, however for me i have moved past my traditional MMO days and have no interest in revisiting them.

Good Luck everyone! Enjoy your time there!

After some research and some of the above posts I will not be joining FF. I have enough to be messing with until more SC content is available such as World of Tanks and Warships, Armoured Warfare, Ark, Assassins Creed Unity still to play, ARMA3, SWTOR and some others I can't remember so paying so much for FF is not practical.

lol its been so long i logged in to see what my account looked like and it seems my characters have been deleted so def not starting from scratch

lmao....I haven't been on swtor for an age. Wonder if my toons are still there lol. 

Edited by Spydz
Damn phone typos

lol its been so long i logged in to see what my account looked like and it seems my characters have been deleted so def not starting from scratch

You should contact them, they have a policy not to delete characters and will recover your account. 

I'm a Legacy FF14 player, I played it since first release of V1.0 in 2010 and again as A realm Reborn in 2013 V2.0.

Right now you can't get into Ishgard City which is the Heavensward update until you finish all of these main scenario quests:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Main_Scenario_Quest

I'm myself was lazy and now catching up, I have to do Dreams of Ice and Before the Dawn quest to have access to the new content (City). You however if you buy the expansion you will be able to level up to the new level cap which is 60 instead of 50. I'm in Saragatanas North American Server, lag is now almost free and I play from the middle east, that is a huge improvement for me. Graphics of the game is just mind blowing with DirectX 11 and 9. The story is very nice and you will enjoy it along the waiting time for Star Citizen, I go back to Final Fantasy if I get bored of Battlefield 4 and any other games.

Edited by Huniken

not super interested in getting back into it... game crashes on DX11 when i have a DX11 card. got logged in with dx9 looked at it for a couple min and decided meh moving on.