Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Zeli

Taking my leave

Hello everyone,

I am officially announcing my leave from this Organization. I will give a brief statement on my decision below, I will keep it respectful with no naming and shaming, just examples of my experiences.

Basically, it all comes down to mistreatment in the Organizational Teamspeak server, I am constantly cut off and talked over. If my opinion on matters differs from other peoples (especially management) I am belittled and disrespected with insults. Management abuse of their powers in the Teamspeak servers because they "can". I've witnessed on many occasions of management threatening to kick people out because they shared a different view point. I feel like we are in a cast system, the top are on the top and if you don't reform to their way of thinking you are abused into a small corner until you get fed up with it and leave.

I think this Org suffers from to many Chiefs and not enough Indians and a bunch of favoritism. My main frustration is mostly hardly being able to speak because of the constant being talked over and cut off when someone in management hears 1 word they don't like. They no longer allow you to speak by cutting you off and eventually kicking you out of the channel. You guys need a more unbiased and more mature management team in your Teamspeak. I don't see any leadership, just chaos.

Teamspeak should be enjoyable for all parties, people should respect other peoples opinions, as well as have mature debate if they disagree allowing each party to express their thought process. I do not enjoy the Teamspeak experience, it's constantly the same people cutting you off from having a conversation and they happen to have "power" so you are hopeless to do nothing but become frustrated.

Before any of these people come on here and say it's because of the 1 incident that happened in Teamspeak today, It is not. This has been a building frustration for me in Teamspeak and I have not ever seen it addressed. If you are in a leadership role and you can not respect other people, even if you disagree with their opinion. Then you need to step down and take your leave because you are no leader to me.

If things change I will be back, their was a small group of people I enjoyed talking with, unfortunately it was a very small group.

This isn't a rant, I just want a wake up call to the management before it's to late. Things need to change in this Teamspeak server, and quickly before it's to late. I'm sure I won't be the last one to leave due to this issue if it's not addressed.

-Zeli

Edited by Zeli

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, Zeli. I've been in Tactical Advance since December of last year, and have been on the Teamspeak client with the folks on an extremely regular basis. However, I have not noticed any of the issues you have brought up in this post. Granted, you may be in different channels and talking with different users, but it still doesn't sound like the Teamspeak I'm used to.

If you wouldn't mind sending me or any of the other councillors, HR officers, or even the higher ups with a bit more of a detailed report on what exactly it is you were experiencing with other users, I'm sure we'll be able to make the necessary changes to attitudes if need be.

This might be coming too late to change your mind on leaving, but I do hope that we can do enough to warrant your return.

sorry to hear that zeli i wish you would have come to me and told me and  i could have taken care of that.

if you would like to pm me we could talk about it and make it right. 

so if you would get on ts let me know and we can talk.if not i wish you the best and the door is always open

I was there during that. A conversation on team speak got too political and I was forced to break it up. You took most offense by me intervening and left the channel before I was done talking. Now you leave the org? Your choice m8. Can't be salty about the leadership process if you go about interrupting it. If you want to talk about controversial ideas you guys need to do it somewhere that isn't general chat. You can't honestly expect me to let you finish your train of thought about being anti-marriage equality in a community that is LGBTQ/deviant friendly in the general chat. 

Edited by Dirk Mire

I was there during that. A conversation on team speak got too political and I was forced to break it up. You took most offense by me intervening and left the channel before I was done talking. Now you leave the org? Your choice m8. Can't be salty about the leadership process if you go about interrupting it. If you want to talk about controversial ideas you guys need to do it somewhere that isn't general chat. You can't honestly expect me to let you finish your train of thought about being anti-marriage equality in a community that is LGBTQ/deviant friendly in the general chat. 

I wasn't going to reply, but I'll give myself one last breath before my leave.

I was not upset about the issue, I was upset that none of you were willing to listen to my train of thought without being rude and cutting me off and insulting me (Damn, what a leader you are). If you would of let me finish you would know that I am not against Gay marriage, I am simple against people bashing and bigot other people for not sharing in their beliefs, I was also going to state I think the gay community could of avoided a lot of fuss if they accepted the "Civil Union" approach which grants the same rights as Marriage just without the word "Marriage". I believe this would of appeased both parties and would of been a middle ground since many people regard the word/term "marriage" a religious one. I am no way against gay marriage, I know plenty of gay'. I think a lot of Liberals/Democrats label people bigots and haters for not sharing in their belief. Their is nothing wrong with believing against it and they don't have to practice it, but people do need to learn to accept it, and learn to accept people who choose that lifestyle, as those people need to learn to accept that not everyone will share the same beliefs. Those are two different things Dirk, but again you didn't let me finish so you wouldn't get my point.

Since you called me out, I believe Ark and Dirk should be reevaluated for leadership roles since they are unable to listen to people voice their opinions without bashing them and showing respect. Especially Ark since he wanted to so rudely cut me off every 3 seconds and then kick me from the TeamSpeak channel with his "powers".

Until those 2 specifically get address I will not be a part of this community. All leaders should respect every member equally regardless of beliefs and difference of opinions. Not bashing and name calling them with the community when they kick them out of the channel.

Edited by Zeli

I wasn't going to reply, but I'll give myself one last breath before my leave.

I was not upset about the issue, I was upset that none of you were willing to listen to my train of thought without being rude and cutting me off and insulting me (Damn, what a leader you are). If you would of let me finish you would know that I am not against Gay marriage, I am simple against people bashing and bigot other people for not sharing in their beliefs, I was also going to state I think the gay community could of avoided a lot of fuss if they accepted the "Civil Union" approach which grants the same rights as Marriage just without the word "Marriage". I believe this would of appeased both parties and would of been a middle ground since many people regard the word/term "marriage" a religious one. I am no way against gay marriage, I know plenty of gay'. I think a lot of Liberals/Democrats label people bigots and haters for not sharing in their belief. Their is nothing wrong with believing against it and they don't have to practice it, but people do need to learn to accept it, and learn to accept people who choose that lifestyle, as those people need to learn to accept that not everyone will share the same beliefs. Those are two different things Dirk, but again you didn't let me finish so you wouldn't get my point.

Since you called me out, I believe Ark and Dirk should be reevaluated for leadership roles since they are unable to listen to people voice their opinions without bashing them and showing respect. Especially Ark since he wanted to so rudely cut me off every 3 seconds and then kick me from the TeamSpeak channel with his "powers".

Until those 2 specifically get address I will not be a part of this community. All leaders should respect every member equally regardless of beliefs and difference of opinions. Not bash and name call them with the community when they kick them out of the channel.

What you believe is irrelevant and nobody is saying you can't believe in this stuff, it just doesn't belong in general chat. You got salty and left after I interrupted the conversation by saying if people wanted to continue the conversation, that it would be best if it was in a separate channel. You took offense to this and left. And yes of course Arkx is going to interrupt you about saying this stuff in general chat too. From the sounds of it the real story is that your frustrated you didn't have the opportunity to finish your train of thought in the channel and now your salty because you feel like others did. Unfortunately, that doesn't take president in those kinds of scenarios.

Also I wouldn't suggest creating an ultimatum like that because if that's the way you play you best put your walking shoes on. 

Dirk, 

You are wrong. I was not salty because you interrupted me. I was salty because you were favoriting your friend in the channel and allow him to continue to cut me off in a conversation You guys started. Then you joined in with interrupting me and when you didn't want to hear my opinion you pulled the "This doesn't belong in general chat" after you bashed me and gave your own opinion. 

As for Ark, he brought the topic up YET again in the channel and after I spoke of several requests to just drop it and did not wish to discuss it, he continued. So I tried to offer my train of thought yet again. He then proceeded to cut me off without allowing me a single sentence and then i became frustrated and left. I then came back to him bashing me and insulting me with other members so when I voiced my opinion that people in leadership roles should respect everyone's opinions and respect every member and not bash and insult them, he kicked me out of the server.

So please stop trying to act like you are the mighty savior. You were in the wrong and you handled the situation poorly and emotionally. You do not belong in a leadership role if you are easily offended and can not handle the idea that people will disagree and have different opinions then yours. Ark does not deserve to have any sort of permissions in team speak after his actions. And innocent was guilty of this as well. 

Their is no ultimatum, I have left the org because of you two specifically and lack of leadership and maturity that you have. I will not be part of an org that supports this. I will not be disrespected by leadership nor belittled and insulted.