Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Rumged

Tactical Advance Racing Team [idea]

Tactical Advance Racing Team  a good team name? TART? TAR? K9 Raing? Fluffy Racers? 

What is TA Racing?  

What are we aiming for? (Winning!) How will we get there? (lots of training and testing) How will we make money? (Price money, sponsorship, selling commercial spots on the ships). 

What will money be spent on? (New ships, races, engines, repairs, fuel, salaries and so on.) How are we gearing up for PU? 

Maybe create fun community event (like where people race with capital-size ships)

Roles:

Pilots

• Main pilots (the guy behind the wheel). 
  • Co-pilots (If there’ll be such a thing. We don’t know if there is going to be multi-crew races).

Engineers

• Engines & thrusters (looking at different engines, plus there will be modifications in the game. So seeing which mod is the best for different engines). 
  • Weapon & shields (Some races allows weapon. So we also need people with insight in weapons and shields. So military guys?)
  • Cases and how modifiable the ship are? 

Logistics 

• Buying sparparts. 
  • Transporting ships, personal and  everything else from race to race (maybe outsourced to the industry division)
  • Which races there is and where.

Trainer

• Helps pilots plan rutes around the track.
  • Helps out new players whom want to join ART (this could also be done in conjunction with military, if TA start up a flight school) .
  • Plan events?

(More?) 

Ships that are needed:
Racing ships

• Mostly self explanatory 
  • Backup (it will time before you get your ship back if you crash it.)

Transport & Repair ships 

• (If we look at how racing car work in the real world. They use a lot of fuel, so you probably don’t wanna fly to each race with it.)
  • repair tool if things break, spare parts and fuel.
  • So maybe an crucible, refitted Starliner or 890J That’s the size I’m think off.

Command structure for TA Racing?:
Team manager, Trainers, Engineers, logistics, pilots. The structure is really up to the people in it, however, thesis are the roles I think Ta Racing needs

(It should be up to each pilot, trainer and the manager to find tournaments/races that fits the racers skill and ship.)

So the team sets the overall goal for itself.

Team principles:
On the track, Off the track, Illegal races? Don’t be a d**k! Well we are going to follow TA rules, so illegal races might be of the table.

Wanna Join ART? We need to know?
RSI Handel:                (justensbiewers)
Time Zone::                (darkside of the moon)
Ships:                         (crucible, m50 and 350r) 
Role:                           (pilot and engineer)

ART Logo: 
    contest?

I have had the idea to this post ever since I saw the "You can now join Mercury Core, the Industry Division of Tactical Advance!" post and now I had time to write it down. Hopefully you enjoyed the read.

What do you think? I know not all of it is filled out, so feel free to come with ideas. I'll be adding and removing things as I see better idea.

note: its not a recruitment post (yet, but if you do want to join pm Rumged) is just my idea of how I think it should look like and some of the things we would need as a racing team.

Also this post was made before I became apart of the leadership, so it is by no means official. 

Edited by Rumged

http://i.imgur.com/HVRKMhJ.png 7 people is a good start. If TeamSpeak give accurate number. To be honest its more then I expected. I mainly made the post to make a conversation about it. Because its one of the things I'm interested in doing some PU is out. Like what short of tool, ships and so on, would a team need. 

I know its still early in the games development, but its one of few things we can do.

Thanks to @NatoRepublic for the picture 

Edited by Rumged

With the Endeavors concept sale, CIG showed us the Supercollider which is used to bust "weapons, thrusters or other upgrades to the limit". Though the 16 max crew on the Endeavor is a little high, for the current size of TA Racing. So more realistically is borrowing (renting) one, or finding a planet where there's a supercollider on it.  

I think you want to look at the Anvil Crucible for the transport ship. As you can transport the race ship (m50/350r) easily. You can repair the ship and replace parts because that is what the ship is made for. You can also refuel the race ship easily when on the Crucible. You can also do basic overclock right on the ship, if you don't have time to take the part to the Endeavors supercollider before the race starts. It got 300 cargo capacity should have the room for all the parts you need and more. You only need a small team or even just one person to fly it. I think it be the perfect ship.

I think you want to look at the Anvil Crucible for the transport ship. As you can transport the race ship (m50/350r) easily. You can repair the ship and replace parts because that is what the ship is made for. You can also refuel the race ship easily when on the Crucible. You can also do basic overclock right on the ship, if you don't have time to take the part to the Endeavors supercollider before the race starts. It got 300 cargo capacity should have the room for all the parts you need and more. You only need a small team or even just one person to fly it. I think it be the perfect ship.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one thinking that the crucible was a good ship for a racing team (because I got myself 2 of them)

I'd love to join in the racing team but you don't mention the Mustang Gamma or ATI thingy at all :cry: Are these bad ships for racing?

I actually like racing in my merlin at present.

I have money reserved for a Crucible just waiting for the end of year sales.

Edited by Disc_Jockey

I really think the Mustang is ugly and no. The Mustang isn't a bad ship to race. I just didn't think about it, when I wrote up my idea. While on the subject of missing ships, the dragonfly?

Let me know if you see anymore you think is missing.

I have money reserved for a Crucible just waiting for the end of year sales.

Good choice! 10/10 repair. 

While on the subject of missing ships, the dragonfly?

Let me know if you see anymore you think is missing.

Maybe the KRUGER P-72 ARCHIMEDES will be race material once its out?

'Featuring an extra intake and a lighter hull than its sister ship'

Also probably best to bring along a Starfarer to refuel (but only if the fuel costs are prohibitive).

Edited by Disc_Jockey

Also probably best to bring along a Starfarer to refuel (but only if the fuel costs are prohibitive).

True, but if we only have 1 or 2 ships racing. It might be overkill. On the other hand, could have beer and liquid food on it too. Plus there's the small cargo-bay, Where we could have parts, that couldn't fit on the Crucible.  

I like both names, because they represent another word, which attracts attention. Art or Tart, but Tart is a little bit more funny :P

I found a picture of a Vinyl disc cover.

L-13736-1117759544.gif.jpg

But omg... this is tasty...

Well I'm not sure why this is a thing, but sure. I'll take your word on it. A little weird though

I guess that I should have said that it "looks" tasty...

Hi Rumged

I've been looking at past posts and see you had a great interest in racing.

We started up TASE racing team a few months back but no one had the passion to take it forward.

After reading your stuff i am wondering if you would like to take it up?

Thanks

Boo Juice

Well this is truly surprising... Someone is actually looking up old post.

@BooJuice thank for the vote of confidence, however, I don't think I am the right person to do it, sorry. 

Currently I am in a org called Penta. That say'd I'm willing to train some of your racers. I would love some more competition!

For training purposes I can recommend going over to this discord run by Pink Giant Octopus (PGO, discord link), it's a social hub for racers in SC. It is has some of the top pilots there. They are normally more then willing to share tips and trick with any one who ask.

Just as a disclaimer, there have been some major changes to the flight model and not all have access to 3.0 ptu. So what I recommend if you "only" have access to 2.6.3 is getting use to the map and your control scheme, plus most training and lab-time videos are from 2.6.3.