Hero
Absurd Raccoon

Setting a UTC/GMT clock to avoid timezone mistakes

I just looked up my timezone and remembered it :P (it's not THAT hard xD), but yea I have noticed a lot of people get it wrong and especially when we switch from summer time to winter time, s**t hits the fan xD.

Hey guys, just had a chat with some people on TS and we came up with the idea of setting up a second clock on your gaming computer so we can always check time there to avoid timezone blunders. All you have to do is click on the clock on the toolbar and select "Change date and time settings..." and go to the second tab labeled "Additional Clocks".

Click on "Show this clock" and select "(UTC) Co-ordinated Universal Time" and call it something like "TA Time". Then we all have our time and TA time available! Problem solved!

05c6feaaded50eba9fe4afe2ec9f408d.png

racoon you still use windows 7 really? we should show the newer way in 8 and 10 as they will try and put it as London time witch is only correct half of the year 

Edited by Aselwyn1

Just keep everything in UTC time.. it doesn't adhere to summer/winter time

yes as the ORG as a whole has desided events will always happen in UTC/GMT for things like meetings so summer and standard times don't matter and we don't then have to worry about it as its just a whole confusing mess as i know from the timezone thread