Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah2545

New pc just getting in help please

New pc just getting in. Tell me what you think. Tips and other help this cost $1869 plus :D tax/HST
Case:corsair obsidian 750D
PSU:850W Corsair RM850 80+ fully certified
Motherboard:asus z87-K ATX
CPU:intel core i7-4770k OC able
RAM:8GB(4GBx2) corsair vengeance ddr3 1866 MHz
Graphics card:2x nvidia GTX 770 2GB
Sound card:intagrated sound. May upgrade
Hard Drive(s):1TB sata-III 7200HPM HDD
Optical Drive(s):LG 12x internal blu-ray & DVDRW, 3D play back combo drive might add normal dvd drive.

Monitor:RCA 32inch. 1080p flatscreen
Speakers:my turtle beach X12 might upgrade

Operating System:win. 7 ultimate 64-bit or win. 8.1 64-bit

I think the 1866 MHz ram is kinda overkill. But that's just my opinion.

No with that mobo and CPU the 1866 is actually great. It's the new 1600.

There are some concerns, your 8gb of RAM is a bit low. Need to get that up to 16 for SC.

NEED a Solid State Drive. At least 120gb to run your OS and game. A single 770 is reportedly enough for medium settings. A dual will be triumphant I'd wager. Just as a general piece of advice to all tho, invest the extra 50 bucks in bumping to 4GB of VRAM. With the MASSIVE amount of textures the game will require to be drawn, I'd want to have the headroom.

Before I recommend an overclock setting, who makes the Mobo? Asus? Gigabyte? MSI?
Great power supply, it'll save on your power bill and corsair power always runs clean.

NEVER... EVER use a TV for gaming. Use a monitor. The increased pixel density and refresh rate are well worth it. Especially in something as fast as a dog fight, you don't want to be playing a second in the past, and be fighting fearsome motion blur.

No with that mobo and CPU the 1866 is actually great. It's the new 1600.

There are some concerns, your 8gb of RAM is a bit low. Need to get that up to 16 for SC.

NEED a Solid State Drive. At least 120gb to run your OS and game. A single 770 is reportedly enough for medium settings. A dual will be triumphant I'd wager. Just as a general piece of advice to all tho, invest the extra 50 bucks in bumping to 4GB of VRAM. With the MASSIVE amount of textures the game will require to be drawn, I'd want to have the headroom.

Before I recommend an overclock setting, who makes the Mobo? Asus? Gigabyte? MSI?
Great power supply, it'll save on your power bill and corsair power always runs clean.

NEVER... EVER use a TV for gaming. Use a monitor. The increased pixel density and refresh rate are well worth it. Especially in something as fast as a dog fight, you don't want to be playing a second in the past, and be fighting fearsome motion blur.

The mobo is an asus and i might take away the extra GPU if recomanded and add other parts

For the present, upgrading to a 4gb 770, getting an SSD (120 or 240gb) should be good to get you going. In the next year doubling the GPU will be sweet. Just wait for a sale.

As for overclock, try 4.5ghz at 1.2v Should be stable.