Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

JohnLeonhart

Constellation Andromeda VS Retaliator Bomber (Missiles Only)

Saw this online, got a kick out of it, figured I'd post it here (I'm not in the PTU yet, probably won't be for ages, so this was interesting to see).

I realize that stats are subject to balancing and all that, still found this interesting. From the descriptions, I personally feel like the Retaliator will end up being considerably superior to Constellations in most combat settings, especially with its combat-focused modularity (such as the drop-ship module). Anyone agree, or disagree, maybe just have thoughts?

Saw this online, got a kick out of it, figured I'd post it here (I'm not in the PTU yet, probably won't be for ages, so this was interesting to see

I realize that stats are subject to balancing and all that, still found this interesting. From the descriptions, I personally feel like the Retaliator will end up being considerably superior to Constellations in most combat settings, especially with its combat-focused modularity (such as the drop-ship module). Anyone agree, or disagree, maybe just have thoughts?

I the livesteam the other day they said the Constellations will come out on top with fire power.  

Edited by Tactical Advance

I the livesteam the other day they said the Constellations will come out on top with fire power.  

Wait.. what? The jack of all trades Connie has more firepower than the Military focused Retaliator? That makes no sense..

The Connie firing mechanic looks amazing though.

Edited by Akanoes

Wait.. what? The jack of all trades Connie has more firepower than the Military focused Retaliator? That makes no sense..

The Connie firing mechanic looks amazing though.

The Retaliator is designed to take down larger vessels and it does not have the guns that the Constellation has which means that the Retaliator's only real chance (that I know of) would be to hit with one of the "torpedoes". 

I didn't see the livestream, but I heard from BoredGamer's summary of Reverse the Verse that supposedly the Constellation would have superior firepower in the case of a single pilot (due to its forward firing arc/more of its weapons being available to the pilot) but if fully crewed, the Retaliator would have the edge. They said that in ballance, they wanted in a fight between 3 hornets and a constellation, for the 3 hornets to be heavily damaged, and the constellation dead. With the Retaliator, 1 hornet would be dead, and 2 heavily damaged. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-iX0lK80Pw

He goes into this around 5:50

Going beyond this I expect the Retaliator to be better for combat mainly because that's its focus (at this point, I'm getting into theory). Whereas the Constellation will getting all sorts of modules (as a general-purpose ship) I'm figuring that the Retaliator's will be much-more combat focused, providing more combat utility ( modules like the already existing torpedo bays and the dropship module, with room for 12 soldiers, 2 heavy weapons, an armory, and a titan armor charging station). Also, those gigantic torpedos seem built specifically to take down large multicrew ships like the connies (although I suppose the Phoenix's point defense system might prove a counter). If the Retaliator wasn't carrying those giant missiles though, I could see the Constellations having an edge.