Hero
Faolan

Hostage taking

Hello everyone!

This is my first time starting a topic, so its probably a little bad, but i wanted to discuss the possibility of taking hostages as a mechanic in the game, I'm not saying we should. I'd just wanted to know if this actually will be a mechanic where outlaws can take people for ransom possibly and be attacked/payed by a lawful Org or the UEE itself. The game Arma III has this in some of its more well known mods and it can add for really cool encounters. I also wanted to know TAC procedure in a situation like this (unless we have one already).

You should be able to take hostages, since bounty hunting is in the game and you can take a bounty back alive. I'd try to kill myself instead of allowing myself to be taken alive, rather lose my char than be a burden to the org :P

Not sure what our policy is on taking hostages though, unless its for a bounty I assume we won't take any. There might be some extreme situations where we are forced to though.

Edited by Akanoes

As far as I know we ay take prisoners that has a bounty on them, but if we capture innocent guys and hold for ransom if that's possible, you will be classes as a pirate/outlaw and the TA organization has a strict policy on no pirating.

But yea I was on forms an in game long ago things might have changed so have to see if some one confirms this

Just asking what if we are in a Org war. After a battle or capturing a ship there is still injured enemy's on the ship or in life pods in space. What we do then?.

Do we just kill them or do we take them hostage and heal them. If we take them hostage and heal them, then what do we do?. Remember the UEE will not like you going around killing life pods. They have already said that.

What if we are running a Endeavor medical ship in a Org war and the enemy starts spawning on the ship after they die. Are we just meant to let them walk around the ship and order ships at the hangar to fly away or turn and attack the Endeavor. I think you can lock it to just the Org but what if someone forgets or it a bug that lets them spawn there. Cant have them just walking around the ship. God knows what they do.

So the info i got is that Hostage taking will probably be implemented, but were not sure what TAC procedure is completely.

Just asking what if we are in a Org war. After a battle or capturing a ship there is still injured enemy's on the ship or in life pods in space. What we do then?.

Do we just kill them or do we take them hostage and heal them. If we take them hostage and heal them, then what do we do?. Remember the UEE will not like you going around killing life pods. They have already said that.

What if we are running a Endeavor medical ship in a Org war and the enemy starts spawning on the ship after they die. Are we just meant to let them walk around the ship and order ships at the hangar to fly away or turn and attack the Endeavor. I think you can lock it to just the Org but what if someone forgets or it a bug that lets them spawn there. Cant have them just walking around the ship. God knows what they do.

I feel like taking hostages is a more lawful option than outright killing people, and i do know that you can choose to stop and not allow certain groups from spawning on your endeavor, which can be pretty handy in an all out war between Orgs! Now I'm wondering do we even have an endeavor in TAC?

So the info i got is that Hostage taking will probably be implemented, but were not sure what TAC procedure is completely.

I feel like taking hostages is a more lawful option than outright killing people, and i do know that you can choose to stop and not allow certain groups from spawning on your endeavor, which can be pretty handy in an all out war between Orgs! Now I'm wondering do we even have an endeavor in TAC?

We have quite a few endeavors, don't worry =3

The doc here shows 14 already and most people haven't filled it in yet so we probably have more :P

We have quite a few endeavors, don't worry =3

The doc here shows 14 already and most people haven't filled it in yet so we probably have more :P

Science will be covered for ever, i guess any Q's or worries i had are pretty much gone! :D 

I want to say that I heard somewhere that they are wanting to implement a mechanic where if someone is taken captive they will have the option to "die" whereas the person who took the captive still has a captive just the person doesn't have to sit there in a jail cell for who knows how long. 

You will not be able to hold people captive according to what Chris has said on multiple occasions. They don't want people to not be able to play the game whilst they are playing the game as that would be bad game design. 

You will not be able to hold people captive according to what Chris has said on multiple occasions. They don't want people to not be able to play the game whilst they are playing the game as that would be bad game design. 

Seriously? That kinda sucks, i mean it can be abused very easily, but i always liked the idea of it, adds a whole new element to gameplay and it probably wouldn't be that hard to implement depending on how complicated they decide to get, but oh well. Blowing things up is still a good option! :)