Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

JohnLeonhart

Black Desert (NA/EU Release)

I've been keeping my eye on this one for a couple of years, and it looks like its finally coming stateside. A short summary for anyone who's unaware, its an mmorpg with the combat of Tera Online, the in-game systems/occupations of Archage, and graphics comparable to the Witcher 3. It looks like the localization is the real-deal to, with in-game systems being re-balanced for Western gamers, and an English voice-over being developed. First, I'll post a link to founder's packs:

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/preorder/

This guy has a pretty good youtube channels for guides telling you about the world, in-game systems, and classes. If this game at all interests you, and you want more info, maybe take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Domeran/videos

My personal recommendation is that, if you're at all interested in Fantasy MMORPGs (such as Final Fantasy XIV Online, Tera, Archage, World of Warcraft, Everquest, Elder Scrolls Online) then give this one a look (it has some of the best action combat/graphics I've ever seen in an MMORPG). Purchasing a founders pack isn't at all necessary, as there will be a wipe after each closed beta. That said, with the most expensive option being $100, they're actually fairly cheap compared to what similar games have offered, and seem to come with some decent perks. I personally bought one, as I think this game will become one of my main MMO's (along with League of Legends, Warframe, and, once it releases, Star Citizen).

EDIT: Oh yeah, let me throw this here as well... Some youtuber (you may have heard of him, a guy by the name of Tactical Advance, sounds familiar somehow) actually made a video about this one September of last year (during the Korean closed beta). Maybe take a look at this one as well.

Edited by JohnLeonhart

Playing on Korean servers right now and enjoying myself quite well, will probably buy the most expensive pre-order later. Need to buy myself a new CPU (and mobo and DDR4 xD) before I can put money aside for Black desert.

One thing I really hate about the game is the gender locking, I don't like playing as a woman and even worse the tamer is a little girl.. =<

I can handle the gender locking, although I'm not a fan either. For most mmorpg's I see my first character as my avatar (and as such it is male). Later on, I'll make a female character (I figure if I'm going to grind through a game a second time, I may as well have something nice to look at lol). I don't see why they wouldn't offer the option to change gender though, its simple stuff... I haven't played around with the character customizer much, but it seems pretty detailed; maybe there's a way to age the tamer a bit?

Playing on Korean servers right now and enjoying myself quite well,

One thing I really hate about the game is the gender locking, I don't like playing as a woman and even worse the tamer is a little girl.. =<

I've noticed that most games coming out of Korea implement the gender locking system not a big fan of it but hey ho what can you do! 

On another note I played some BDO past night with a couple Org members and it was great fun after the initial learning curve part of it really reminds me of Archeage! 

I can handle the gender locking, although I'm not a fan either. For most mmorpg's I see my first character as my avatar (and as such it is male). Later on, I'll make a female character (I figure if I'm going to grind through a game a second time, I may as well have something nice to look at lol). I don't see why they wouldn't offer the option to change gender though, its simple stuff... I haven't played around with the character customizer much, but it seems pretty detailed; maybe there's a way to age the tamer a bit?

Gender lock isn't big enough of a deal that I won't buy it, but I'd prefer being male :P

You can't really make her age, she's very short (like half the height of normal chars) and they way they make people bigger is by extending their limbs.. Which looks silly if you make them bigger then 60-70% of the bar =<