Hero
Sign in to follow this  
humanevil

What chris was really thinking about on that panel

I think he may have been a little bit mad about the DFM reveal, I don't think it went as smoothly as he wanted it too xD

especially when the updater was the issue and not so much the backend

That was a fantastic panel for a few reasons including this one. You could tell his mind was in a different place than some of the conversations going on, as he seemed rather bored or unamused with some of the notions brought up. Still, he managed to pay attention and give some great insights. Im sure he wished he was back at the office working on his baby.

That was great! I agree with Sab he looked so tired and bored up there. And the Nvidia guy would not shut his mouth. But it felt like when CR talked anything he said was worth listening to, and I did not like the way the guy from Oculus talked, every time he spoke it was just like he was just talking to the guys on the panel and not to the crowd that was in front of him.

Probably more tired than anything, had to fly in (jetlagged) had a few to drink the night before, up late at the reveal (not sure how long that lasted)

But honestly, I think he was quite happy with it, he's not a great actor, when he's frustrated you see it, but for the most part he was all smiles, no, grinning like a schoolboy would be a better way of putting it. I'm sure he was thinking about what needed to be done on the module, that's a given, but I think he was more interested in getting back to the Logitech booth or just getting to bed lol

I've seen a lot of other vid of people playing it, there are still the odd bugs (like I saw one bit where the physics on the pilot weren't working, and stuttering/almost freezing of the game) but that's to be expected. Better, more than not the vids I saw had it working buttery smooth and looking gorgeous.

Yes the big presentation could have gone better, but it still showed what was done. None of the pre-rendered video that other companies will push that has been doctored and edited to look perfect. No handful of screenshots and nothing more. We got it all in game, as we have every step of the way (Joke commercials aside) and while it's not perfect, it's going great :)

As to this vid, I got a good laugh, mostly because I had been doing the same thing for the last couple of days after watching it on Twitch (even with my crappy quality, it was great :) ) thinking of that lock on sound (so tired of the 'beep-beep-beep-beeeeeeeeee' tones, this was nice) and the full c**kpit view with the WIP Ironman HUD, oh mam...

Help, my fanboy is showing...