Building a simpit

33 posts in this topic

Posted

oh wow! Amazing work mate.

Thanks, it was quite a learning experience as i've never really done things this big before.

Bravo! Now to convince my mom...

It's easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission :D

Looks awesome.

I was wondering if you could just buy an old sit down arcade machine and convert that instead of having to build it all from scratch.

This one looks ideal :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/arcade-machine-/322111967437?hash=item4aff5e90cd:g:tPIAAOSw9VZXOzZz

:D

Thats actually a good idea.. i might actually do that when i get a bigger place :-D

Posted

You make me now want to place an order from the carpenter to fabricate the support stands for the Saitek X55 HOTAS.

Posted

You make me now want to place an order from the carpenter to fabricate the support stands for the Saitek X55 HOTAS.

i actually found a pretty easy to make and cheap stand for that while i was researching simpits.

yy81ByJ.jpg

As far as i can tell its made from a few meters of pvc pipe, some joints and 2 pieces of wood.

Posted

That's nifty! I will try to come up with my own version on the office wheel chair :)

Posted

This is awesome!

I'm drawing my plans for something similar myself at the moment. I'm going to try and make it so that I don't have to change anything going from flying to racing to fps, or at least the smallest changes possible. Really cool build, hope it will serve you well!

Posted

This is awesome!

I'm drawing my plans for something similar myself at the moment. I'm going to try and make it so that I don't have to change anything going from flying to racing to fps, or at least the smallest changes possible. Really cool build, hope it will serve you well!

While researching this thing, i dont think i've ever come across a simpit that does fps, racing and flying without having to change anything at all. the closest would probably be the dudley simpit (http://dudleyprojectcentral.myfreesites.net/simpitstatusfeb2015)

Please do make a post about it when you're done designing it :D

On a sidenote the current cockpit, while fun to have and build, takes up way too much space for an apartment. I'm currently working on another design that is MUCH more compact and still allows fps/flying without rearranging anything.

Posted

While researching this thing, i dont think i've ever come across a simpit that does fps, racing and flying without having to change anything at all. the closest would probably be the dudley simpit (http://dudleyprojectcentral.myfreesites.net/simpitstatusfeb2015)

Please do make a post about it when you're done designing it :D

On a sidenote the current cockpit, while fun to have and build, takes up way too much space for an apartment. I'm currently working on another design that is MUCH more compact and still allows fps/flying without rearranging anything.

The problem with not changing anything is all too real. I bought an adaptor for my racing pedals which would give me the choice of using them as racing pedals or rudder pedals with the flick of a switch but uhm, it did not work the way I wanted it to. That means I have to be able to switch between the two units and doing it in an easy way. The design is getting reworked in my head right now and my economy does not allow a larger deposit right now anyway.