Tactical Advance
Sign in to follow this  
-AKASHIC-

BOUNTY HUNTERS

I wanted to start a thread to find out how many of the active folks on the forums are wanting to fill the Bounty Hunter role once the game drops. I know we have a poll telling us percentage but I'd like to get to know names and the people behind them so we can build a rep-our. I have a few ideas on what we can do to be as successful as we can while honing our craft as we get used to the game mechanics etc, and would love to hear others. I've spoken to one member who I know is up for doing this and sure there are many so lets start a dialogue.

I know it's a long way off and we will just have to wait and see what the game offers us but being prepared is a good thing and he who dares and all that!!!

Many will just want to go solo and that generally is the way of a Bounty Hunter but I can't help but think that we will make more money and be more successful working as a unit, but this obviously comes down to personal preference. There is so much I want to talk about but don't want to swamp this first post so anyone interested post here and lets get this thing going.

Thats good to know, I suspect that many pirates/friends of people we've captured will be hanging around near Xis (KELLOG l l) to free the people/Bounties we have onboard and delivering to the prison world that is Quarterdeck (KELLOG VI) so we're going to have to need some security, perks of that are black market goods are paid at a premium on Kellog VI so if we can do some black market trading whilst dropping off a few prisoners its a win win for all.
As on any prison world, there is also an active black market. Merchants who can deliver luxury entertainments to the planet without attracting the attention of the UEE wardens are handsomely rewarded. Of special value n QuarterDeck are narcotics, which much of the population prizes as the sole escape from the danger and dreariness of forced antimatter mining.

Taken from Jump point

Kellog is a system with an immense opportunity for profit…..but it is one that inexperienced merchants should avoid at all costs, equip your ship properly, focus on stealth when dealing with any black market shipping…and tread lightly, wherever possible.

Thanks Sakuraba no i hadn't seen that the only small bit of information I've seen was to do with quarterdeck in a jump point issue so thanks for posting.

No problem. It should help with your planning for it.

Thanks for the link Sakuraba, I've been reading it for a bit now. I should be bringing some more bounty hunters into the org soon and we can possibly discuss ships and roles here. Like I've said before, bounty hunting in a group could entail some very complex strategies. Scouting, stealth, tracking, interdiction, and protection of allies are integral to a hunting team. If we build and train a team with these specific roles I'm sure we could take on the biggest bounties with ease, and in turn have plenty of credits to build up our personal bounty hunting ships for solo missions. I'd love to share ownership of a larger support ship for solo and group hunts. A support ship would entail a command center for ongoing hunts, a medbay, hangar for scrambling support fighters, and of course long range scanners. It's a dream for now, but I have high hopes :)

I have a feeling most pirate/bandits with bounties on them will be in groups and on the fringe of or in low-sec space. It's going to be a tough job with a lot of risk but it'll be fun and really rewarding to do as a team also..

Well larger operations will require C&C structure. For the fighters/interdictors that means Tracker Hornets. For the operation as a whole any of the multi-man ships work. Shipping or logistics? A constellation, merchantman, or freelancer is fine. Military in nature? Probably want a Retaliator or Caterpillar.

I can foresee a lot of ship lending in-org. I have a Retaliator, Merchantman, and Starfarer... can't fly em all. And in the hangar they aren't making ANYONE money, most especially the org.

Well larger operations will require C&C structure. For the fighters/interdictors that means Tracker Hornets. For the operation as a whole any of the multi-man ships work. Shipping or logistics? A constellation, merchantman, or freelancer is fine. Military in nature? Probably want a Retaliator or Caterpillar.

I can foresee a lot of ship lending in-org. I have a Retaliator, Merchantman, and Starfarer... can't fly em all. And in the hangar they aren't making ANYONE money, most especially the org.

I'm not sure what particular sensor type is going to be needed to ID a ship that has a bounty on it but hopefully one of the sensors the F7C-R has will do it since I own one also. If not they should be able to be purchased. I can see groups doing big sweeps in areas to sniff them out. The location of ships with bounties might also be able to be bought from people who have discovered them in their travels or located by the "person of interest" feature CR mentioned. Hopefully when you track and find one, you'll find more with that bounty. The high risk/reward that comes with bounty hunting is definitely appealing. The reward will have to be nice since it's a role where you more than likely will have to fight to get it. It'll have to cover your time, fuel, ammo, repairs and give a profit. We'll have to see when beta comes around.

I think that with a bunch of organized people it would be very effective as maybe someone could be doing a mining mission and pirates maybe came in and destroyed his ship so he could hire people within the org to go out and hunt down the pirates

I think that with a bunch of organized people it would be very effective as maybe someone could be doing a mining mission and pirates maybe came in and destroyed his ship so he could hire people within the org to go out and hunt down the pirates

If this was the case, that could insinuate or provoke war with means of getting revenge. We still may need to wait and see how the bounties work. I was watching some gameplay of another game and once a player was killed the person that killed them automatically got a bounty placed on them. And as they killed more and more the bounty increased.

If this was the case, that could insinuate or provoke war with means of getting revenge. We still may need to wait and see how the bounties work. I was watching some gameplay of another game and once a player was killed the person that killed them automatically got a bounty placed on them. And as they killed more and more the bounty increased.

If you create a crime against someone in UEE space you're going to get a bounty placed on you which will allow anyone to freely target you w/o getting a bounty getting placed on them. So no worries in that case. Now you will be able to place personal bounties on people also but I'm sure there will be rules that'll prevent people who don't deserve to have bounties on them from getting bounties.

Was the game you were watching Elite? More than likely you were watching someone playing a pirate play in their alpha.

If you create a crime against someone in UEE space you're going to get a bounty placed on you which will allow anyone to freely target you w/o getting a bounty getting placed on them. So no worries in that case. Now you will be able to place personal bounties on people also but I'm sure there will be rules that'll prevent people who don't deserve to have bounties on them from getting bounties.

Was the game you were watching Elite? More than likely you were watching someone playing a pirate play in their alpha.

I believe you are correct sir :D

I will be bounty hunting as well. I have a Cutlass and will most likely pick up more strictly combat oriented ships. Though I think it would be awesome to have some well thought out strike groups for this because I am thinking most people that have a bounty aren't just going to be alone out there.

I agree, does anyone know if the caterpillar or retaliator are going to be back on sale or are they only going to be accessible in game with in game credits? As a bounty hunter i really like the idea of the caterpillar being used by a group of Bounty hunters taking on and boarding a larger ship,

I agree, does anyone know if the caterpillar or retaliator are going to be back on sale or are they only going to be accessible in game with in game credits? As a bounty hunter i really like the idea of the caterpillar being used by a group of Bounty hunters taking on and boarding a larger ship,

My guess is that they will be available to pledge for again but not until they're hanger ready.