Hero
GrumpyCat

Building a Star Citizen Rig [Parts are in ! ]

So I decided to make some changes to the rig im building right now. As I only had bought the case it was the best time to make the final decisions. Most of the changes were for slightly better performance or for aesthetics.

I'll update this thread with pictures of everything over the next month.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VFbZ6h

dENYJfY.png

Edited by GrumpyCat

You don't have to plug in the case LED connectors onto the motherboard. I don't think HHD indicators are really necessary these days, same goes with power lights.  If you really want them on and colour coordinated you could just swap em out for red ones. 

PS nice build, I'm currently on the edge of buying a 980 ti. My 3440x1440p display is too much for a 750 :P  

edit - fan lights. paint over them

Edited by AnglerFish

You don't have to plug in the case LED connectors onto the motherboard. I don't think HHD indicators are really necessary these days, same goes with power lights.  If you really want them on and colour coordinated you could just swap em out for red ones. 

PS nice build, I'm currently on the edge of buying a 980 ti. My 3440x1440p display is too much for a 750 :P  

edit - fan lights. paint over them

Thanks! 

If you are a pirate you can download windows 7 and upgrade it to windows 10. also if you upgrade from win7 it will show as a paid licence...... if you upgrade from win 8 it will say its unpaid. Just a thought

or you could just buy a old windows 7 proper copy instead of pirating it 

Most of the parts have come in! Just waiting on some case fans. More pictures to come tonight/tomorrow with it built!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rMyLhM

Atrg15A.jpg

7drHiqrh.jpg

gratz I know all to well the lust/joy/feels when get all that fanceh computer hardware boxes all together stacked and ready to go xD

Wow did not know about existance of that RGB cooler, *googles if they manage to get RGB fans too*

~ wow ya these are actually pheasible solution to RGB lighting for my GF's build, not quite as good as a RGB strip but really like the Ring light vs traditional clear/smoked LED fans

Edited by Neokolzia

gratz I know all to well the lust/joy/feels when get all that fanceh computer hardware boxes all together stacked and ready to go xD

Wow did not know about existance of that RGB cooler, *googles if they manage to get RGB fans too*

~ wow ya these are actually pheasible solution to RGB lighting for my GF's build, not quite as good as a RGB strip but really like the Ring light vs traditional clear/smoked LED fans

Love my RGB fans. My PC will be a fricken rainbow :D