Tactical Advance
AgentAmbush

My custom build

I'm a bit of a mass effect fan. When I went to build my custom computer the theme was easy to figure out. I was going to make the SSV Normandy!!! I made the measurements and went to painting. I used plasti-dip white for the front grate (catches lots of dust and looks cool). I put a couple of stickers on it for added effect, and hand painted the alliance logo and SR2 on the top handle. I had to add the led fans later as I was out of money (read the internals to find out why). I just got my nice and shiny 1440 asus monitor which is a beast, only $250!!!! Final touch for looks was my model SR2 and a Tali action figure. BTW, Tali is my virtual girlfriend and you can't have her...

Now for internals!

I7 6700k (overclocked at 4.84ghz)

Asus Z170-A motherboard

16gb ripjaws V ram (3200 version)

Corsair HX850i PSU

Samsung 840 evo ssd

Corsair H100i cooler

Gigabyte G1 gaming 980ti

I also built a clone of this computer for my friend and am building a third one for another (none of them look like this though) I am adding pictures of the build below, ignore the cable management its kinda bad for now but I will be getting sleeved cables at some point in the future.

http://imgur.com/a/aUNGY

Edited by AgentAmbush

That's a cool beast you got there!

My PC:

i7 4790K @4.8GHz 

Asus ROG Maximus Formula VII Z97 MOB

32GB DDR3 2400MHz Vengeance Pro Red kit

Corsair H100i Cooler

480GB Kingston 3K HyperX SSD (OS)

Corsair 1000w PSU 80+ Gold Certified RM1000

Asus Strix & MSI 4G Gaming GTX 980 SLI @1450 OC core 

1TB storage HDD (movies and stuff)

Monitor:

Asus Swift with G-Sync @1440p @144Hz refresh 

Mouse & Keyboard:

Razer Chroma ultimate & Razer Chroma Deathadder

Headset & mic:

Astro A50 wireless headset 7.1 with Dolby Optical

Flight Sim:

Saitek Rhino X55 

Driving Sim:

Logitech G27

Wacom Devices:

Cintiq 21UX & Cintiq Companion Hybrid 32GB+64GB Card+Air Brush Pen

Front Camera:

Microsoft HD Camera

Speakers:

Logitech 5.1 Surround 

Plus a bunch of figures including Talizora from ME3.....

12746575_10156556209735402_921196087_n.j

Ehem excuse the dust as I live in a very dusty environment!

I grew tired of the dust so I only clean it when I feel the need to.

12784656_10156576350035402_309764133_n.j

Fem Shepard, T'soni & Tali, squad complete! 

It looks great AgentAmbush.

That a great setup to Huniken.

Wish I could build my own computer. I have to try it one day.

Asus monitor here to. We should see if we can get TA sponsored by Asus we have so many of there monitors.

Edited by RSLtaken

As a side note, I am currently saving up (looking at possibly 2-3000) to build a monster of a rig by the time SC comes out. I want it to have all the bells and whistles :P Custom cables, custom case and water-cooling etc.  :P

damn that's nice, where did you get that desk by the way? I NEED something like that

I got it off someone on LetGo. It's essentially a sewing table. I love BIG desks and this fit the bill

damn, thats a pretty sweet paintjob. how did you do the SR-2 and NORMAND?

I got a custom sticker kit from ebay. The window is actually 2 separate panes so I put the SR2 on the inside between the two panes

As a side note, I am currently saving up (looking at possibly 2-3000) to build a monster of a rig by the time SC comes out. I want it to have all the bells and whistles :P Custom cables, custom case and water-cooling etc.  :P

Be careful with trying to put everything you see from other people's builds into yours, like a custom loop. No one needs a custom loop, and if you get it you can kiss lan parties goodbye, my computer is already so insanely heavy I have to be careful to walk slowly and not hurt the computer.

I need a new desk, is one is to small. My new computer case is a Corsair Air 540 cube case so takes up a lot of my desk.

I'm also on the lookout for a new desk it's surprisingly hard to find a decent desk for all your gaming needs! That case though is a beast lol I looked at one for the new build I'm going to start but wow it's so big...

I'm also on the lookout for a new desk it's surprisingly hard to find a decent desk for all your gaming needs! That case though is a beast lol I looked at one for the new build I'm going to start but wow it's so big...

Yes takes up just under half my desk lol. But it is a great case. Lots of room for the air flow. And with all that room behind the motherboard you can do a great job hiding the cables.

Most desks out there are so small. A lot are not up to the job. But think I found one today. You are talking £300 for a good large desk. Come on for a desk.