Hero

Who is going to buy this?  Looks pretty cool.  I can definitely see the value using this with solo ships, but not sure about multi-crew ships.  Maybe this app would perform some of the multi-crew ship functions (i.e. Shields and Power) so less crew would be needed?

I quite like it BUT:

I wish they would update it to provide information about the Star Citizen Universe rather than our universe.

I find it a bit weird ordering around the captain of the Enterprise (Shatner).

I would prefer a sexy female voice.

You don't have to use the William Shatner voice pack, there're 2 more available (Tom Baker aka Doctor Who and Brent Spiner aka Commander Data). They are also working on more voice packs that should be out by the end of this year.

Another really REALLY cool feature that will be coming in the next few months is being able to use up to 5 voice packs at once in Voice Attack and optimized for Star Citizen. That means you will be able to have Data on the shields and weapons and have him respond to those commands while having Kirk on navigation and miscellaneous commands (requesting landing and such). Who knows what other systems large ships will have.

I think it's amazing.

One drawback to the software is that, if you aren't a native English speaker, or you have a strong accent, you have to train the software to understand your commands. The more you use it, the better it gets at understanding you.

Edited by zeus_anoxia

I wish they would update it to provide information about the Star Citizen Universe rather than our universe.

The main reason it tells your about our universe is that its a pack mainly consisting of recycled assets from the Elite: Dangerous voice packs by the same people. I'm sure with time they will go down a different path and tell us about the wonderful world of Star Citizen!

Voice attack i already bought a while back and I use it here and there. Probabley more so as we get more and more controls. Not tried the voice packs but they look fun. For $8 VA is worth the the money. Fun to use in military game like TW or Mount and Blade where you control troops.

I bought it a while back for Elite Dangerous along with the Astra voice pack. I really enjoyed using it with my HOTAS as some times it is quicker to say a command rather than reaching for a button and letting go one of the controls.

I don't know much about 'Voice Attack' but I'm looking into it cause it seems really interesting and going on the HCS site I came across a few voices I wouldn't mind accompanying my Star Citizen playing days ;)

I don't know much about 'Voice Attack' but I'm looking into it cause it seems really interesting and going on the HCS site I came across a few voices I wouldn't mind accompanying my Star Citizen playing days ;)

I just had a LONG Email conversation with Firey Toad. He told me that the female voice pack of ASTRA is coming soon for star citizen, further more to that is the ability to request customized responses tailored to your own needs such as calling you by your name of choice i.e "Good morning Captain Huniken, all systems are at 100% functionality".

This makes me drool as I command my Star-G in 2.4 and later on down the time line the 890 Jump!

i have the Orion voice pack,  used it in a couple of my streams, Its pretty cool,  takes getting used too, and can do with customizing the phrases to suite things you usually say, or are more likely to say... if its not in your personality to say "please open the doors",  you rather say "open the f#ck up"     .....   so far   i like it.

Ahh. Stop creating awesome stuff for SC that will make it even better and stop posting about it. I am already obsessed with this game. I am checking out the download. I wish I had something like this for just windows. I use Siri on my phone daily. We have Cortana, but I can't stand her functions and Bing can burn in computer hell for all eternity.

Quick question. 2.4 changed all the key bindings around. Will Voice Attack have to be configured every time the bindings change?  

Can someone ELI5 me a quick start guide. I have an hour or two messing with the Voice Attack demo with little luck. 

USB mic sucks. Changed to V-moda boom mic. Spent 30 minutes training windows to my voice. 

If I understand I have to pay for a licence to get a voice. But can I not just try out a some basic commands first. 

I downloaded an older profile for SC off reddit. Out of 20 commands it only recognizes 1. I will say flare, flare, flare. It says I said "flair" and says command unrecognized. Ahhh. 

"All stop". Ok. Recognizes "All stop" but says command unrecognized even though I am looking at it in the list of confirmed commands.  They only one that works is "abandon ship", then I noticed all actions are set to "stop voiceattack listening". I can't seem to get Voice Attack to recognize that SC is even running. In the program lists, it lists every program and window that is open BUT SC or its launcher. 

If I buy a voice pack now, will be updated forever, once SC goes gold? 

Voice attack works better the more you train you voice in Windows. I've done it about 4 times now and don't have too many issues. I think I'm going to use a variation of Joystick, VA and Roccat HuDs for my iPad. Sometimes with VA you can have too many commands so spreading it around lightens the load. Also VA could interfere with voice comms in the heat of battle. 

With both hands my joysticks I'm likely to go by the urgency of the command:

Quick priority combat buttons are on the stick themselves, with a over lag to VA (ie shields etc) then medium priority buttons going on the buttons on the base of the Joystick. With low priority buttons going on a iPad together with emotes.

These are a few of the Roccat displays I'm trying out. (Sorry for the first blurred pic)

https://imgur.com/a/KTPiO