Hero
Warpten

Did you "obtainned" the Drake Buccaneer ?

Drink up me hearties…a space rum for you and me ! is the Buccaneer owned by thee ?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Did you "obtainned" the Drake Buccaneer ?

• Yes, avast !
    • Ahoy, Nëy !
    • Shiver me timbers, ol' booty is empty like that bottle, one will be mine when the PU hit online !

For a single seat fighter, even with gimballed weapons only, it will pack a serious punch, i can't even imagine the damage this ship will do with a fully fixed loadout !

Only downsize for the moment (in my honest opinion) is the huge ass cockpit, that s**t is a bullet magnet, but eh, at least we will be able to look around.

Edited by Warpten

For a single seat fighter, even with gimballed weapons only, it will pack a serious punch, i can't even imagine the damage this ship will do with a fully fixed loadout !

Only downsize for the moment (in my honest opinion) is the huge ass cockpit, that s**t is a bullet magnet, but eh, at least we will be able to look around.

That a safety feature. As the cockpit get shot away around you, it easier to get out.

I CCUed my free Gladius in the Armada Package to the Buccaneer. It is better gunned and has better survival rate, 3 S1 shields better than one S2/S3 shield.

Since i'm in a cave (bouga bouga!) i mised quite alot of things around, would you, please, explain (or link something) explaining why 3x S1 > 1x S3 ? or it's just that we will be able to "stack" resistance with 3 layers of different protection ?

That a safety feature. As the cockpit get shot away around you, it easier to get out.

You sir made me spill water on my keyboard sir, thanks for brigthening my day :-)

+1 to Warpten's question about why 3x S1 > 1x S3 ?

I waited a whole 24 hours before I broke and decided to get the Buccaneer. My second $100+ ship. That is the last of real world cash I spend on this game... BUT I think I am really addicted now. After buying the Buccaneer I joined this org and I saw how many ships you guys own and I want MORE. I have a change bank that I keep for absolutely frivolous things. Anything goes. I call it my rainy day fund when I absolutely want to waste my money on something. A 7th pair of headphones I absolutely don't need for example. In Japan, like the UK we have large value coins. I cracked it open yesterday and I already have $110. I set 80 aside for Star Citizen:-D. But it can't stop there. I need MORE! Okay... this is starting to sound crazy because I absolutely do not want to spend my "normal" money on this game. So I have now justified that if I sacrifice a few things, the money saved can go to Star Citizen guilt free. Nothing is lost other than a few frivolous things. So no more coffee at work (tea is okay!) and I buy lunch twice a week, instead I will bring lunch for those two days. I save about 1000 yen a week, 10$. I figure by the next sale I will have enough for another ship or keep saving and maybe get something super special when it comes along and I am not dipping at all into my normal money. Don't get me wrong, I have money in the bank and can afford to waste money on this game, I just don't want to spend anymore of my normal cash on this game. Its insane how much we all want to drop thousands on this game, and I have met plenty of people who have. I have the SC bug now... The Andromeda is calling my name. 

Oh yeah, i got that problem too, i broke the line a long time ago and my wallet is probably going to send hashashin to slice my throat in my sleep :

And compared to some madman in the org, this is nothing, well, at least i like instant "ramen" :x

If you want my opinion, if you are looking for some firepower, s**t & giggle, you may want to wait for the Polaris, will fill the Corvette role left by the Idris (which is now WAY TOO BIG for a corvette) and will be around 750$ (don't quote me on that, just a wild guess) and released around Citizencon (not even a wild guess anymore, im just firing number at this point) and will be a hell of a ship.

Tho, that shield thingy is still haunting me, i'm scavenging reddit and apart from different damage mitigation and lower emission i can't find any plus side of a x3 S1 ?¿

(Thanks Huniken)

Edited by Warpten
Better safe than sorry !

Oh yeah, i got that problem too, i broke the line a long time ago and my wallet is probably going to send hashashin to slice my throat in my sleep :

Hidden Content

And compared to some madman in the org, this is nothing, well, at least i like instant "ramen" :x

If you want my opinion, if you are looking for some firepower, s**t & giggle, you may want to wait for the Polaris, will fill the Corvette role left by the Idris (which is now WAY TOO BIG for a corvette) and will be around 750$ (don't quote me on that, just a wild guess) and released around Citizencon (not even a wild guess anymore, im just firing number at this point) and will be a hell of a ship.

Tho, that shield thingy is still haunting me, i'm scavenging reddit and apart from different damage mitigation and lower emission i can't find any plus side of a x3 S1 ?¿

i strongly advise you to delete that image or at least to censor the order ID numbers, they could be used against you in a fraud activity, act with haste to take action.

Why three S1 shields is because of modules repair/replacments, just like 2 engines is better than one large engine, higher survival rate!

I ended up melting my Reliant & a p-72 for this ship now unfortunately i wont get to fly it in the near Pu, But i still think it was worth it though.