Tactical Advance
Kal-Nor

Star Trek VR anyone?

The graphics look a little rubbish.  I like the idea of it.  

Maybe in 2 years once VR is a little bit more established. 

Looks super cool lol.

Yeah VR presently has tha Wii feel about it. It's more about the fun rather than the quality. And I think more people are interested in games that can be adapted to VR, like SC and Elite, rather than made for VR which seem gimmicky presently. I'm not sure if I could get over my graphics snobbery to really like VR games. But then I've never tried one and everyone I've spoken to that has speaks highly of it.  But I wonder if that's just the intial excitement. But agreed I'm going to wait awhile before considering a head set. But if they start building games like this with titles like Star Trek, Star Wars etc I wonder how long my resolve will hold.  ;)

Yeah VR presently has tha Wii feel about it. It's more about the fun rather than the quality. And I think more people are interested in games that can be adapted to VR, like SC and Elite, rather than made for VR which seem gimmicky presently. I'm not sure if I could get over my graphics snobbery to really like VR games. But then I've never tried one and everyone I've spoken to that has speaks highly of it.  But I wonder if that's just the intial excitement. But agreed I'm going to wait awhile before considering a head set. But if they start building games like this with titles like Star Trek, Star Wars etc I wonder how long my resolve will hold.  ;)

I agree, I was very tempted to get one of the current batch and I think the quality seems good but unless it is supported the majority of flight/space sims and first person shooters then I won't bother.

I agree, I was very tempted to get one of the current batch and I think the quality seems good but unless it is supported the majority of flight/space sims and first person shooters then I won't bother.

I would wait till VR tech gets a little better.   Keep in mind all of the VR headsets are really V1.

The video has been removed lol

more on this on.

This is probably off topic but I hope SC crew stations are more detailed and interactive than these. I want crew station to be a game within themselves, but with options to simplify for general use or micromanage for detail control. 

I have to say that first thing I thought was it THAT the graphics lol maybe I'm being picky but it seems like a little step back to play games like that regardless of how you play them and to back up my thoughts I'll just leave it with two words 'Nintendo Wii'