Hero
Gigowatt

The Gig Rig

Case:Diablo Black ATX Full Tower 
PSU: Corsair 850 Watts, Go ahead, tell me it's too much, I dare you.
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I74770K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM
Graphics card: ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Sound card: They still make these? I remember Soundblaster....does that make me old?
Hard Drive(s): INTEL SSD
Operating System:Windows 8.1 NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

Monitors: Samsung 32" LED and an old Asus 24" LED

Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech G910 and G502

It won't let me upload a pic. It's only 140 KB...oh well.

Hello! Welcome to the forums =)

Out of my extreme curiosity how many watts should you need for your current setup?

i have a i7 and I plan to upgrade my graphics card to a 1070 by the end of the year but I only have a 500 watt unit.

The best is to upload the picture on something like Imgur then link it :)

Arrrh, Z87 and Haswell ? i hope you won the sillicon lottery for overclocking, those two usualy don't like each others ! (or maybe i was that unlucky) and 1600 mhz ram ? overclock is going to be a pain ! no fancy rad or watercooling ?

850 Watts is good tho, you never know if a wild upgrade appears (or worst, something dying and need to be replaced) i hope it's at least a Silver.

Sound Card ? yes, they still do it, even if usualy cool kid now use DAC (which is way better and usualy less expensive, i mean, you can still go for an Asus DGX but no shroud on it mean it will be affected by close component) but i have to confess i'm a Stereo guy, me no like 5/7.1

So, do you have one or two 780 ? it's a little confusing for my French brain.

As much as i hate W10, if you want shiny that DX12, we will have to upgrade one day or another :-(

Out of my extreme curiosity how many watts should you need for your current setup?

i have a i7 and I plan to upgrade my graphics card to a 1070 by the end of the year but I only have a 500 watt unit.

If i'm correct around 350-380 Watts Stock load. Your PSU will be able to wistand it if it's not some noname cr*p.

500 usually gets the job done but I have suffered damage in the past when running dual video cards, multiple SSD's and enough fans that if the computer were a transformer it would turn into a SHIELD Helicarrier. Anyways, I currently only have one 780, I'll be upgrading it soon.

JQhsv6O.jpg

Thanks for the IMGUR tip. 

500 usually gets the job done but I have suffered damage in the past when running dual video cards, multiple SSD's and enough fans that if the computer were a transformer it would turn into a SHIELD Helicarrier. Anyways, I currently only have one 780, I'll be upgrading it soon.

Thanks for the IMGUR tip. 

Dual graphic cards with a 500W Psu ? i think even the doc' wouldn't have tried it, you clearly earned your avatar :-/

Oh, i totaly picture that, i remember having a SLI of 480, i swear the rig could almost take off when playing Crysis, and i surely didn't needed any radiator to sleep in the cold north of France at night ;-)

May i suggest the overly used word "patience" ? i know at some point a smartass like me will usualy say something like : "duuuude, if you wait 6 months or so you will have totaly new hAxX0r GPU", which is quite true and wrong at the same time, at the moment, performance wise, you won't see any major upgrade from waiting (maybe the 1080TI or Polaris will drop some mad s**t) but it's more about the whole "founders editions" that tickle my weassel, ad a backplate and a "new" cooling system and you can charge 175 £ more ? f**k that move, wait the "regular" version to save some dosh.

My pleasure, i was in the same situation not so long ago, a helpful hand happen'd, now you are charged to carry on the legacy of the "Dude, 140Kb, realy?" tale to someone else who will eventualy do it for someone, etc.