Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Jericho

Star Citizen Starship Viewer Mod

Oohh that is really nice.
That will be one of the first things I will check when arriving at home.
Probably wife will not be so happy if I jump immediatly forwards the computer.... :D
(and leave her on the side for the next 1h) :lol:

Thx for sharing

Is this officially sanctioned by RSI? I ask because I'm not happy allowing 3rd party software on my PC that's not been given the official nod. There could be any number of discreet ways that your user ID and password might be stolen.

Prevention is better than cure imo, TA has already provided some excellent vids on various ships and you tube is absolutely crammed with every currently available ship.

I have a feeling that shortly before or just after game release there will be an authenticator as in WoW. An extra layer of security for sale at a reasonable price of course ;)

Is this officially sanctioned by RSI? I ask because I'm not happy allowing 3rd party software on my PC that's not been given the official nod. There could be any number of discreet ways that your user ID and password might be stolen.

Not sure, but I do know that RSI approves and encourages the modding of 3rd parties and of the backers. Knowing that they are independent of RSI as a company but dependent on them for software, I do not think that they would risk security for a mod like this, also considering that it has been overused by so many backers. I could be wrong though. I have not personally downloaded it because of a warning saying that "this could be harmful to your computer", however I know that many members in the Org have downloaded it already and they have had no issues with it so far.

What this program does you can do manually (by changing file names which is what I've done in the past). This program just makes it easier to do. If you're weary about using it, you can always look up how to do it manually.

Not sure, but I do know that RSI approves and encourages the modding of 3rd parties and of the backers. Knowing that they are independent of RSI as a company but dependent on them for software, I do not think that they would risk security for a mod like this, also considering that it has been overused by so many backers. I could be wrong though. I have not personally downloaded it because of a warning saying that "this could be harmful to your computer", however I know that many members in the Org have downloaded it already and they have had no issues with it so far.

I am curious as to what exactly caused your computer to give the alert/warning.... I know sometimes the warnings are false... such as Key generators for hacked software, they are notorious for giving false warnings, but i do wonder what exactly is causing that warning...

I am curious as to what exactly caused your computer to give the alert/warning.... I know sometimes the warnings are false... such as Key generators for hacked software, they are notorious for giving false warnings, but i do wonder what exactly is causing that warning...

It might have just been my Virus protection software giving me a heads-up. It can be overprotective at times.

Does this mod even work anymore? Ive been trying to get it to work after the latest patch so i can compare a few ships side by side rather than watching vids over and over. I got it to mod the files once, but then SC refused to launch after that...

Prevention is better than cure imo, TA has already provided some excellent vids on various ships and you tube is absolutely crammed with every currently available ship.

I have a feeling that shortly before or just after game release there will be an authenticator as in WoW. An extra layer of security for sale at a reasonable price of course ;)

I agree with this, I find the software a bit fishy.
By all means to anyone else, do use it if you want.
But I think I'll sit this one out.

I'm gonna lock this thread as its been out of date for months, and people seem to necro it back every now and then :)