Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Jericho

Poll: Team you think should win "The Next Great Starship"?

Who do you want to see win the competition?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see win the competition?

• Four Horseman
    • Shard Collective

Well I wanted the T.R.U.E. ship, as Russian as it was... sigh...

I guess I'd vote for the 3Dingo one because it reminds me of the Pelican Drop-ship

It is funny how IXM Infinitexuemonkey's ship does not have the look of a practical gunship, yet the majority seems to favor it to win the competition anyway, haha.

It is funny how IXM Infinitexuemonkey's ship does not have the look of a practical gunship, yet the majority seems to favor it to win the competition anyway, haha.

I wasn't expecting it to be that popular either. It doesn't have the sexy helicopter gunship look of some of the ships but it definitely looks like it could get the job done.

I just want a teddy bear in my escape pod.

Seriously though I think its so popular because there is nothing really like it in the game now.

Can you add pics of each teams ships?

I would like to see that too, thanks.

When I have the time I will try to put the pics from each team.

I feel the same about the IXM ship. It looks cool and i like it alot but it just doesn't feel much like a gunship! Tallon Corp has the best ship imo, really hope to see it ingame.

If i could pick two winners i would pick both tallon corp, and IXM, but with the information we've got right now..... "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!" lol..... Now, they have hinted, or joked around about multiple winners, i sometimes wonder is that them just "joking around" or are they in a sense giving us a little foreshadowing.... Perhaps only one will win, for immediate distribution weather it be for backer sale, given to us, or available for sale upon beta launch, and then perhaps a 2nd place winner for sale some time after PU releases.... surprise! lol

For now though, my vote goes to IXM, as i think they are the ship that looks like they belong in the SC uni... plus it is for sure a ship i will want in the SC uni....

Agree that the best two ships went through the last round of TNGS. I personally think that Tallon is a slightly better ship (though do have an issue where is's all smooth at the front and sharp at the back with a hard transition), but that IXM presented their ship better and is much more fleshed out internally AND is more innovative, what with the bridge escape shuttle. Still a bit blocky for my taste though :)

I am not sure I want to vote just yet, I as well like IXM the most so far but a group yet might pull something amazing off at the last minute. I agree with MRab2 that Tallon is a close 2nd and I am torn between the two. I really do hope that no more teams drop out of the competition due to time restrictions or team complications. I have a feeling with TNGS with the comments they were making that more than one ship makes it into the game.

From Wiki: The term "gunship" is used in several contexts, most sharing the general idea of a light craft armed with heavy guns. The exception is the large AC-130.

To me the Tallon ship is way way way too... what's the proper phrase... "business in the front, party in the back"(?). It's sleek and "fast" looking, and it does have the predatory look of a hawk bearing down on you when viewed head-on, but it looks to me like it's too luxurious for the role that it's being built for - let alone the fact that it seems under-armed for that role (though I know that can be changed).

It's especially evident when they show that black/yellow paint job.

HQqFFE1.png

This looks like a relatively large ship against a comparatively small payload, now if that thing had a torpedo-bay at the midpoint, where the yellow meshes with the black, then I think it would make a pretty good fast-moving ship-to-ship light-bomber.

Also, in my opinion, the IXM Scimitar just looks like a larger ship that's been scaled down... not a "gunship" but rather a "firing platform" that looks more comfortable shooting broadside volleys.

KpRbcm1.png

Scale it up, add a small hangar bay, and you have yourself something akin to a modern-day Arleigh-Burke class destroyer.