Tactical Advance
Rooakh

Soloing and Multi-Crewing

Just curious how this game mechanic will work. Say I'm doing solo exploration, but also want to serve as a multi-crew member. I fly around exploring stuff, then lay down in my ships bed and log off in deep space far from where I started. When I log back in, I'll show up back in my ship. But what if I want to log back in and join a multi-crewed ship? Do I get the option to resume where I was at last login or to star somewhere else? What if the Org is at war, but I'm deep in space. Can I simply log out and log back in closer to the action? Realistically, I can't just disappear at one location and magically reappear millions of miles away. Has there been discussion about this?

Hiya Rooakh. You have posted this in the wrong place. This area is for "other" games. Not Star Citizen. Not a big deal and I think you can move it. I'm fairly new too so I'm afraid I'm not a big help. ;-) Probably should be in General Questions and Chat, I guess.

Edit:  I just checked one of my old threads, I have no idea how to move it. Might need a moderator. Again, probably not a big deal.

Edited by Lumpy

Honestly I have no idea. Taking an educated guess on the direction the game is currently aimed in I would say if you are at a location , your at a location xD The only way your moving is by flying your ship or dying.

Sam is right. But you can take over a NPC on a friend/Org member ship. So you guy will not be able to get there but you can take a NPC place. Or that what CIG and Chris have said in the past. But until it in game or we hear more about it who knows.

Sam is right. But you can take over a NPC on a friend/Org member ship. So you guy will not be able to get there but you can take a NPC place. Or that what CIG and Chris have said in the past. But until it in game or we hear more about it who knows.

never knew you could take over a random npc on a friends ship, do you know where they talked about this? I always thought that you could only take over your own characters not others

The NPC you get form game packages I know they said you can do it. Any NPC I don't know. Ben said it on Ben day and it was said on a 10 for the chairman. old ones but it was said that was the plan. But things can change.

Thanks Lumpy. No ignoring you. I searched the forums as well, but couldn't find out how to change the topic location. I couldn't locate a moderator, so I decided to click on "Report post" and sent a message. Maybe it will be moved to the appropriate place for better visibility.

Thanks Lumpy. No ignoring you. I searched the forums as well, but couldn't find out how to change the topic location. I couldn't locate a moderator, so I decided to click on "Report post" and sent a message. Maybe it will be moved to the appropriate place for better visibility.

Hello all, As requested, this topic has been moved to a more appropriate location. Feel free to continue this discussion as per usual

Honestly I have no idea. Taking an educated guess on the direction the game is currently aimed in I would say if you are at a location , your at a location xD The only way your moving is by flying your ship or dying.

Also you may to log in your other character (if you got one from an other game package on the same yours game account), in an other star system. As i understand.

Some information that will help understand character and NPC plans

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13288-Multiple-Package-Clarification

https://starcitizen.tools/Comm-Link:Chris_Roberts_on_Multiplayer,_Single_Player_and_Instancing

https://starcitizen.tools/Comm-Link:Chris_Roberts_on_Multiplayer,_Single_Player_and_Instancing

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7021628/#Comment_7021628

It always pays to take any information as subject to change.  Some ideas have been floated and later adjusted or just never mentioned again.  That is due to balance and game play needs.  We are involved and our ideas and counter points in the forums are being read and considered. 

Rooakh...sorry man, the "ignore me" remark was meant in jest. I meant the topic was probably o.k where it was.

Thanks Calien. Lots of info in those links I hadn't seen.

Edited by Lumpy