Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

22Actual

CiG Release Schedule

A lot of interesting items came out of the Live Stream, for me them releasing their internal schedule was a big surprise.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

With it we can see their roadmap and plan.  

3.0: The Stanton System
3.1: Mining & Refining
3.2: Repair & Salvage
3.3: Farming & Rescue
... ?
4.0: Jump Points

I don't think it's significant.  Initially, you hope they are giving us deadlines and we are now able to see them.  Unfortunately, they are in house schedules and by the nature of such things, we are not able to verify when tasks are completed.  We are forced to take CIG's word it's done.  We are only able to verify things when they are added to the public PTU version, AC, etc., which at the moment they are not.  The future crucial PTU versions, such as 3.0, etc., have no set dates or even rough estimates at all.  Another crucial point is none of this will start to look phoney until after the Anniversary Sales and everyone has already spent their money.  For example: PTU v2.6 will be released in December, long after the November Sale; it's very convenient.  The schedule is smoke and mirrors to do get them through the Anniversary Sale.  Nothing in the Livestream is verifiable and the "Big Guns of the UEE" montage appears to be rendered video and not in-game footage.  There was no snippets of SQ42 and the Idris, which was promised at CitizenCon and claimed to be almost finished.

Edited by DarthSchumy
extra point

I think it's very decent of CIG to release the schedules as it should give those that are passionate about the game, who crave information (and perhaps don't appreciate the advances and setbacks of any project), some kind of satisfaction, as long as they understand it's all subject to change. Although no doubt there'll still be a section that will ignore that and gripe for the sake of it.  Ultimately I think CIG are pretty open, they tell us the ships we 'fly' are all WIP and the game is buggy; they don't force us to buy the ships. Many times CR has said 'only buy if you want to support development'. Can't really be clearer. They're a business out to make money to deliver a product (that seems to be in demand) and therefore have a marketing strategy. And people buy their ships, some at astronomical prices. You've only got to look on some forums and read comments on YouTube channels to see how stoked some are to buy their ships or concepts of ships. Anyway I digress; the schedules are a testament to open development for those who like more detailed info, I don't mind either way, as whatever they tell us I choose to accept as truth and I understand that dates are all very fluid. They've released the schedules because after 4 years in development some people still don't get it.

Edited by Page1Day1

Hey guys, did you see this topic on reddit yesterday ? It seems that Ben's comment "there is one surprise in one of the upcoming patches but I can't give any more details than that" What we know is that they did an amazing job on ships schedule with the 85X and the Caterpillar. I keep my fingers crossed for the Cutlass Rework in 3.0 ... or maybe a surprise ship. What do you think guys ?