Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Roy

First real snow in ~ freezing temperature = whoops ..tons of whoops

Holy s**t, I'm suddenly happy the Netherlands is utterly flat, makes this kinda stuff a lot less of a problem. Possibly stupid question, didn't they spray salt around before the snow fell?

@MaK0 - whatever they were supposed to do - they didn't do it in advance ... and when they tried to do it after - it was too late ( the light truck at 1:27 tries to drop something - watch it lol )

@MaK0 - whatever they were supposed to do - they didn't do it in advance ... and when they tried to do it after - it was too late ( the light truck at 1:27 tries to drop something - watch it lol )

Yeah I saw that, here in the Netherlands we're quite paranoid about that stuff so the trucks are sent out to spray salt starting the evening before we expect the first amount of frost. Only if it really hasn't rained for days (so there's no moisture in the air to generate ice) do they wait longer.

MaK0 - there are things like what you've described in effect for major snowstorms etc. ... trouble is - it wasn't by local means not even "minor storm" ... just a very rare combination of temperature, humidity etc. that cause development of ice in multiple places .. and on this very specific street it was all ice out of a sudden

I never got to experience snow my entire life.........

Huniken - it's interesting thing for a day or two ... did you ever consider visiting Canada in a winter for this experience ? You could have ice fishing ... snowmobiling ... observe some ice sculptures etc :):)

Huniken - it's interesting thing for a day or two ... did you ever consider visiting Canada in a winter for this experience ? You could have ice fishing ... snowmobiling ... observe some ice sculptures etc :):)

I wish, but a round trip ticket is very expensive, around 3500$!

I can't make it really cheap, but check flights by Turkish Airlines and make sure that you are staying at least one satuday's night in Canada ... those two measures together should bring the price below 2K mark

@Zeus - I like Alphs as well ... but by the same time - it is a small planet - Oman to Canada is ~ 11 kkm .. and Oman to Austria is ~ 6 kkm .. with direct flights from Istanbul - travel time difference is measured in ~ 4-5 hours one way I'd say :) - nothing major ... so it's really question of the activities @ the destination - and I agree with you someone could find thing in any of the counties that simply don't exist in others.

every year people forget how to drive in winter then the cop and the plow knew what was coming even one of the buses was at a full lock on breaks from the intersection before the hill. all in all this was a funny video though