Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Chronon

What is your Favourite Sci Fi Series

I am not a fan of The Expanse TV adaptation, the books are so much better, I get a strong SC vibe from them.

My favourite space series is Babylon 5, but for contemporary sci-fi, I am really enjoying Humans.

Gonna try to read them then. I also recommend you read my stories...for a change lol

FireFly

Battlestar Galactica

Same Same! and Star Wars.

Oh, hard to pick from Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica (the original series), Lost in Space, Star Trek (the original series) ...???

Just kidding... I did love these shows while I was a kid (yes, I'm old), but they're no longer my favorites. Good memories though.

Battlestar Galactica (the new one) likely would have become my favorite up until the finale. Then I became bitter and disgruntled with it.

I watched all of season one of The Expanse in one long night recently, and enjoyed it a lot even though the first couple of episodes and last episode all seemed very B-movie-ish. Really liked the middle episodes, though, and am looking forward to the 2017 return on Netflix.

My all time favorite is probably still Babylon 5, partly because the creater, JMS, was so active in communicating with the fans. I spent a lot of time on a bulletin board he frequented back then, and enjoyed the back and forth dialog we had there with him. Learned a lot about writing and how TV series are put together. He was one of the (if not THE) early pioneers of pre-planned mutli-year story arcs in a series.

Firefly would definitely be my all time favorite if it had continued, as it damn well deserved. For what they were allowed to complete it was a gem of a show. Damn the executives to hell who forced it to air out of order, then moved it to an unpopular slot, and then cancelled it.

Stargate (in all its incarnations, but mostly the first one, SG1) was fun. Maybe not too deep... but fun. A nice long ride.

And of course Star Trek The Next Generation will always have a place in my heart. Patrick Steward as Picard is a legend. Wil Wheaton has even gone on to redeem himself in real life, if not his character Wesley.

I'm with @Drakin. Too hard to pick, but the original Star Trek series is at the top of my list. Whats not to like, Capt. Kirk is a Canuck ;-)  I have to say though, (not a series) I fell in love with the movie Guardians of the Galaxy. The humor and music are great.

Edit: Almost forgot, honorable mention for Doctor Who.

Edited by Lumpy

I am not a fan of The Expanse TV adaptation, the books are so much better, I get a strong SC vibe from them.

My favourite space series is Babylon 5, but for contemporary sci-fi, I am really enjoying Humans.

damn didn't even know there were books for the expanse definitely checking it out, firefly and battlestar is on the blood, gonna check babylon 5 never seen that one either.

damn didn't even know there were books for the expanse definitely checking it out, firefly and battlestar is on the blood, gonna check babylon 5 never seen that one either.

The 6th Expanse book was just released. The first TV series covers approximately the first half of the first book, while missing some bits out, changing others and just inventing other stuff for no good reason, and ruining the best (IMO) character in the books, Avarsarala, the dull Indian lady in the series.

Babylon 5 is awesome, but it is quite dated, even in its day it wasn't high budget. It is a bit slow to get into at the start, but the characters are all awesome and evolve through the series. The main storyline is just amazing, with interesting side stories as well.

1: Farscape

2: Andromeda

3: battle star Galactica

I hate startrek and dont like Stargate except the movie with Kurt russel

I have tried to start watch the expanse so Many Times but the series is not for me. Same with space above and beyond

Edited by Galaxy_Express

1 minute ago, Yodel said:

Love them all

My first space serie was Monebase Alpha

I think you mean Space 1999 :-)

I loved that when I was a kid, but tried to watch some of it again recently, along with my then favourite Blakes 7, and both of them look absolutely terrible now sadly.

After first seeing starwars in as å kid, i think it was 1986 or so, the inpact of it Made moonbase alpha (as it was called in Sweden) and original star Trek felt very low tech and unmodern. Might be different IF i Saw the othes first 

"Lost in space"  Good grief Drakin, that was a long time ago lol,  funny you should mention that though, I saw an advert on UK tv the other day for a re-run of the series. Do you remember Time Tunnel?

Battlestar Galactica (New one)  Awesome finale

Babylon 5 (You must watch standalone movie first) "In the beginning"    Warning only watch if you like cheese-hasn't aged well ^^

SG1, Star Trek, Farscape, Fringe. Doctor who were all good in their day.

15 minutes ago, Rend Asunder said:

"Lost in space"  Good grief Drakin, that was a long time ago lol,  funny you should mention that though, I saw an advert on UK tv the other day for a re-run of the series. Do you remember Time Tunnel?

Battlestar Galactica (New one)  Awesome finale

Babylon 5 (You must watch standalone movie first) "In the beginning"    Warning only watch if you like cheese-hasn't aged well ^^

SG1, Star Trek, Farscape, Fringe. Doctor who were all good in their day.

While a lot of B5 has aged badly, and didn't look amazing the first time around, it still has the best overarching Sci-Fi storyline ever IMO, and is worth watching just for that.

8 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

While a lot of B5 has aged badly, and didn't look amazing the first time around, it still has the best overarching Sci-Fi storyline ever IMO, and is worth watching just for that.

Yep I will certainly agree with you there pal, my favourite being the story line concerning B4,  very clever. ;)

Another one of my favourite's from the series.Whitestar.jpg.077e667264d936069c922cde21100549.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

MyImageName

Image Description 1

MyImageName

Image Description 2

MyImageName

Image Description 3