Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Renderd

My Rig + A few questions i have

Current Rig

Case:
Nothing special just a plain white one i dont even know its model its pretty old. but it works :)
Power:
800W Xion
XON-800P14N
Motherboard:
Gigabyte Technology Co.,
GA-MA770-UD3 (AMD)
CPU:
AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad-Core
Ram:
4Gbytes DDR2
Video:
Radeon HD 5770
-------------------------------------
Wish List

Case:
Not looking to upgrade, the one i have may be old but does its job.
Power:
I'm pretty sure i wont need to upgrade this
Motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
$128
CPU:
AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX
$199
Ram:
8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
$75
Video:
GIGABYTE GV-R927XOC-2GD Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
$200
--------------------------------------

Here is my choices for what i am looking at to buy within the next few weeks to upgrade my computer. any feedback will be appreciated.

I think the CPU and RAM choices are fine, what mobo are you going to upgrade to? Looks like the one you have only supports DDR2?

As far as the card you may be able to run the R9 270 (I was able to find a MSI R9 270 OC in the store for $180) it has less power draw and performance gain between the two are small.

http://www.hwcompare.com/16552/radeon-r ... n-r9-270x/

Hmmn you are right i forgot my current mobo only runs DDR2, good eye, ill be looking for an upgrade for that as well.

As for the video card i have found a pretty good deal for a 270x

for 20 bucks more i get those performance enhancements and two games, however i do appreciate you looking into finding reference material i am going to keep looking around over the next couple weeks and will probably save the money and buy the 270.

So i have upgraded here is my specs. Lemme know what you think.

Current Rig
Case:
Nothing special just a plain white one i dont even know its model its pretty old. but it works :)
Power:
800W Xion
XON-800P14N
Motherboard:
MSI Z87-G45
CPU:
Intel Core I7
Ram:
8Gbytes DDR3
Video:
Nvidea Geforce GTX 770 x2

So i have upgraded here is my specs. Lemme know what you think.

Current Rig
Case:
Power:
800W Xion
XON-800P14N
Motherboard:
MSI Z87-G45
CPU:
Intel Core I7
Ram:
8Gbytes DDR3
Video:
Nvidea Geforce GTX 770 x2

looks good enough the only thing i suppose you will wanna keep an eye on is the 8 gig of ram as that the min amount for sc i think

I doubt people will need more than 8Gb of RAM for this game, at least not for the DFM. I've been using 4Gb DDR2 until a month ago and never had issues with RAM. So I think the i7 was a good choice :)

I doubt people will need more than 8Gb of RAM for this game, at least not for the DFM. I've been using 4Gb DDR2 until a month ago and never had issues with RAM. So I think the i7 was a good choice :)

you will need a stronger pc now than you will for the pu due to the lack of optimisation. also 8 gig is minimum so you will need to match it or better it.