Cutlass maybe get air-shield

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted: January 9

We're currently looking into this, and if they are implemented for the Cutlass, it would just for the rear-ramp of the ship, not on the side-doors. It'd also be featured on all models of the Cutlass, so it wouldn't be something you'd need to worry about trying to melt/swap to a specific hull or model to have available for use.

Other note with this, outside of something like the Prowler where it has designed power surplus just for the Atmo-Shields, running them is going to be a serious power-drain to the ship. You won't be going full guns-blazing while keeping the rear-ramp open indefinitely and having your main external shields running/charging at full strength.

Last note, the current plan is that opening the side-doors will fully vent the rear section of the ship, for all 3 versions. You'll get some more rapid boarding/disembark when you're landed somewhere with atmosphere, but in space, you'll need to be fully suited up before opening the doors. Also, the toilet in the Cutlass is in the back section near the right side-doors, seat-belt not included.

Posted

This ship is going to be awesome. My fandom of the Freelancer is being tested.

Posted

seat belt not included, better not take a dump in hard G maneuvers! 

This ship is going to be awesome. My fandom of the Freelancer is being tested.

Hehehe I'm going to grab a Cutlass Blue!

Posted

It has to have an airshield. Its quite literally required for the Cutlass and its variants to function, unless you want to take in cargo (Black), escape pods (Red), or Prisoners (Blue) by venting 3/4ths of the ship every time.

Not to mention you can launch ships out of the back. Every ship capable of doing that so far has an airshield to accomodate it. 

Posted

What in the nine circle of technology is an Air Shield ?¿

Posted (edited)

What in the nine circle of technology is an Air Shield ?¿

The shield in a ship that prevents air from going out when the ship is open to space, but allows ships and things to pass through.

Think the front and back of the Idris Hangar, the front of the Caterpillar, back of the Cutlass, All the openings on the Bengal, etc.

You can see it on the Idris here: 
https://youtu.be/HY_quiW967g?t=6

Edited by Optix334
added video

Posted

Also, the toilet in the Cutlass is in the back section near the right side-doors, seat-belt not included.

In my humble opinion, I feel this is wrong, the "head" / lavatory should be in the habitat area of the tank.
I'm a timid tinkler and can't imagine for the life of me performing the sacred act of spending a penny in front of or in the same area as my Bounties ...that's just weird.

Posted

I guess it really depends on what you have eaten prior to picking up ones bounty.  Think of the possible torture techniques you could implement.