Tactical Advance
Dan

New game - Hellion

Looks great! I want to check it out.

I think this demonstrates a point I've made before: while CIG can and should take as much time as they need to make a quality game that fits their vision, there is actually a limit on just how long they can take, and that limit is imposed by the progress of other games like this. Even if another game is not quite as great as Star Citizen is meant to be, if it is pretty good and has many of the same features, supporters may bail to the other game and then the funding to complete Star Citizen could dry up. So CIG needs to be very cognizant that game development is not a static environment, and what was cutting edge yesterday may not be cutting edge tomorrow, and getting something out today that isn't quite perfect can be better than getting something out that is perfect but too late (or not at all).

Looks great! I want to check it out.

I think this demonstrates a point I've made before: while CIG can and should take as much time as they need to make a quality game that fits their vision, there is actually a limit on just how long they can take, and that limit is imposed by the progress of other games like this. Even if another game is not quite as great as Star Citizen is meant to be, if it is pretty good and has many of the same features, supporters may bail to the other game and then the funding to complete Star Citizen could dry up. So CIG needs to be very cognizant that game development is not a static environment, and what was cutting edge yesterday may not be cutting edge tomorrow, and getting something out today that isn't quite perfect can be better than getting something out that is perfect but too late (or not at all).

For me CIG does not have to make their releases "more polishing" and fitting to their vision or something like that. In the end after a release they keep ending to improve the builds. My point is, it doesn't matter if they release 3.0 now or later because they'll keep working on it. Bugs? So what? We are used to bugs. Release them. Just do it! ;)

Nice share btw ! :)

I heard about this game a while ago, But didn't know when they're going to release it. I might check it out.

The main problem with these kind of games is that how will the connection to the game server be? Are you going to get many disconnects? Or server errors? This is so important for stable gameplay.