Tactical Advance
Sign in to follow this  

Conan Exile (early access)

Well, Conan exile is a multiplayer game PvP and single player for PvE.1 As you may know it came out on early access today (31st or 30th for the timezones). There are rarely servers up at the moment and advised to try the SP. It is basically a same genre from Rust and Ark more so. Oddly Conan Unchained has better gfx and it too was made by the same company. There is a lot of detailed animals some which are quite well made. Still, in SP there is something that gives you severe lag after a short while. Guessing memory leak of some sort 

TBH the UI looks 2005, even the user made content on Ark is much better. However, it is barely on the day of release so I hope to expect to see better things and better netcoding.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440900/ - Conan Exile

Edited by DevilKhan

I am wondering how much interest there is in this game.  I am prepared to get us a private server if the interest in there.  I propose I set it up at the minimum  and link a paypal.me link in usd so users can contribute to the server.  As the numbers increase the money increases and we can enlarge the server. 

What does everyone think? 

I was interested till i heard of the bugs and saw the current state of animations/graphics/ui. This one has been put on the back burner for me. With games like For Honor/Mass Effect/Ghost Recon coming up very soon i dont need to spend money on something in this state.

Tbh, not right now the server, not playing :). Too buggy for the AIs, but I think they are better when then get into the city/dungeons. I have to give this marks for its graphics compared to Ark.

Actually, I changed servers and found it to be a lot faster and very playable. The AI wasn't as lagged out, but still very kill-able. The haven't mastered the concept of the stairs as we humans have XD.  It ran smoothly and didn't crash, for my PC anyway.

It is really grindy game. I'm playing solo on a 10x harvest server and still grindy. After low tier, which is pretty easy, but you get on to med and  even end level you. Admit-ably, this resource gathering isn't too hard, but the length of time waiting while it is crafting is reaslly REALLY long, we are talking hours. Having said that they, the devs, may speed it up hopefully.   

I've been playing around with the Admin mode on and have managed to create a pretty cool city with homes for other players to put beds in. I've looked into getting a server that we can use but like it has been said, the servers are experiencing issues if you have people logging in to say an East US server from a West US location.