Hero
Tactical Advance

R9 290 to GTX1080 for 2-4k

I will try it later and get back to you. I have a 1080 i7-6700k and 32 gigs of ram. i have ran in 4k before but currently game at 2k with consistent frames at 60 or higher

It's the in hanger FPS that will end up being the in game FPS.  The other issues I have is the R9 290s SOUNDS SO SO LOUD LOL

As far as I see in discussions - you'd definitely wait for 1080ti at least for 4k

I am not sure but we might need 2 for 4k in SC

I don't know about 4k. But in 2k I am getting high 60 to middle 70 in the revel and York with the caterpillar in it. That on a 980ti and i7 5820k so the 1080 will have no problem at 2k. If you are looking for 60 fps.

Edited by RSLtaken

I will update you here on the FPS in hangar. I have a i7 4790k@4.6Ghz water cooled and GTX 1080 water cooled running at 2.1GHz.

My monitor is 2.5K with 144Hz G-Sync and using DSR to play at 4K. I think I saw around 45FPS but I need to be sure, I have MSI after burner running so I will post one screen shot.

OK I just tested it, with 2.6.1 update it went WORSE! I'm running at 41 FPS in the hangar with a Starfarrer-Gemini, Using about 5.5GB of VRAM in the GTX 1080 and running at 2088MHz, I was using around 17GM of RAM memory and around 40% of my CPU, the GPU was on 99% and hitting power limits....SC right now is just running on pure raw power performance, it is not optimized yet....let's wait for like 3.0 and see how it gets working with the new servers and network code.

I'm getting a new laptop soon hopefully when I get paid....It is a 15.6" laptop called Tornado F5 which uses the MSI 16L/13 Chassis, having a 4K G-Sync screen on it, GTX 1080, i7 7700K CPU @4.7GHz and 16GB of DDR4 RAM. Storage is samsung NVMe x4 3.0 1TB M.2 SSD.

Oh and the screenshot will not appear in paint....it just looks black.