Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Tactical Advance

10 for the Chairman - Professions in Alpha 3.0

Just watched it. Totally agree, it was not only meaty with details, but some of the rambling tangents actually outlined a pretty clear vision of how they want the game to ultimately function and I think they both "get it" when it comes to a dynamic universe. It is so freaking ambitious in scope how one event will potentially kick off another event, which can lead to some other event, etc etc etc, ultimately making the universe a living organism. It is going to take a while to completely get there, but I can only imagine how awesome it will be.

I just hope its mostly realized by the time they release the game into Beta before funding runs dry.  I am sure the concept sales continue to help their bottom line but I wonder how huge the project creep is on this.  How much of the core concepts are implemented and simply waiting to be flushed out.  

One would think but there are countless carcass on steam and kickstarter of games that never reached beyond having some fun bits but were never able to tie them together into a releasable game that is halfway playable.  Even games with deep pocked publishers reach the final year and go into full time crunch to release a buggy hot mess that takes a year or more of patches to fix.   This is not to say that I do not have high hopes for this project and its grand ambitiousness in creating a breathing universe were we can be Han Solo to our hearts content.  I just hope that this game finds a good balance between future enhancements and playable releases.  

Most recent would be Everquest Next Landmark.  http://www.pcgamer.com/landmark-daybreak-games-voxel-building-mmo-will-close-next-month/  Their other game H1Z1 is in a state of unknown.  It is true that Daybreak has been having issues since they split from SOE, but they still maintain Everquest and Everquest 2 so have some revenue streams. 

Then there is the DayZ standalone hasn't really had any major moment forward since 2013.  

Then there was No Mans Sky that was rushed to release a good year if not two before it should have been.  The good news is the development teams still seems to be diligently working on this title and the new patches have added much needed content.  

Personally after the kick starter I was a bit hesitant to invest any more money into this game for a number of years and in fact if you look back on the development of this game there was a point where it could have easily folded back in 2015 due primarily to them outsourcing most of the game to small studios.  Since then from what I have seen they have turned things around and with the influx of cash from ship sales and subscription fees, the amazing luck in the collapse of cry studio they seem to be making huge inroads into getting this game to the finish line.  I hope they still have enough capital to finish things close to the initial pitch and are not forced to cut to many corners due to budget constraints.  But even with all that said there is still a part of me that wonders how much cash was lost in those first 3 years and what its impact will be if any on the final product.