New Banu ship incoming!

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Seems like we'll be getting a new Banu ship, the Banu Defender! The ship wil set you back $185.

Hopefully this means we'll get the Banu Merchantman sooner as well. Probably not, since they already showed the date (May 1st 2018) on the 3.0 report, but one can hope right? :P

Edited by Akanoes

Posted (edited)

Sounds neat :)

Edited by joey

Posted

Hiding wallet, but CR will find it anyways.

Posted

I don't think my Hurricane will see Saturday next week. Think I have a new ship in it place.

Posted (edited)

Have they mentioned what role it'll fill? Is it another Dog-Fighter? Hopefully something tanky to be a "Defender"

Edited by Waor

Posted

Have they mentioned what role it'll fill? Is it another Dog-Fighter? Hopefully something tanky to be a "Defender"

the super hornet is the current tank in SC, my hope would be a more refined  explorer. 

Posted

the super hornet is the current tank in SC, my hope would be a more refined  explorer. 

Slim chance, since it's called "Defender" :P and Banu don't really explore right? Trading is more their thing. Personally hoping a heavy fighter (like the Vanguard) but the price would indeed suggest a normal size fighter =<

Posted

Slim chance, since it's called "Defender" :P and Banu don't really explore right? Trading is more their thing. Personally hoping a heavy fighter (like the Vanguard) but the price would indeed suggest a normal size fighter =<

oh ya, there was a ship name... I feel so dumb right now lol :-/

Posted

That's is what throws me off, is the price.. The BMM is possibly the best bang for buck we've ever seen.. It's possible that the Defender could follow that tradition and offer something Vanguard-like for a lesser price.. Especially if they make it so tech isn't interchangeable besides other Banu ships.

Posted

That's is what throws me off, is the price.. The BMM is possibly the best bang for buck we've ever seen.. It's possible that the Defender could follow that tradition and offer something Vanguard-like for a lesser price.. Especially if they make it so tech isn't interchangeable besides other Banu ships.

They've admitted they priced the BMM too low but they can't just increase the price. Most other ships have become flight or hanger ready so they could increase the price then. So expect the BMM to go WAY up in price when it goes flight ready :P 

Posted

They've admitted they priced the BMM too low but they can't just increase the price. Most other ships have become flight or hanger ready so they could increase the price then. So expect the BMM to go WAY up in price when it goes flight ready :P 

Which begs the question if they are going to do a package deal with the new Defender and the BMM; are they going to have a giant mark-up for the BMM..

I've been debating buying a BMM on the grey market before this release drops just incase they do, and all of a sudden the BMM is like $500. 

Posted

New ships no longer excite me... I am starting to understand the frustration of those before that i used to fight with when they would get upset about more and more sales... just took me longer.. i know its a multi faceted team and the people working on concept ships are not the same ones as delivering the core game... but damn so many broken promises its getting disheartening.. I have actually tuned out to the game... did we ever see the SQ42 demo we were promised at citizencon?

Posted

I don't think we are going to get a SQ24 demo now I think we are just going to get the game.

The next lot of sales will be a lot better because they are going to be ships to do jobs, like mining and repair. And they are the type of ships we need.

Posted

Just saying this, not sure if anyone caught it, but the sale will start this Friday the 21st.