Banu Merchantman goes up in price yet again ($350 now)

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think CIG might have gotten specist again the banu this week because the Banu Merchanman has gone up in price by another $50 =<

It's weird how they added $100 total in 2-3 days out of the blue like that, but it does seem to look bigger on the most recent art.

And while they said on the schedule they won't start working on it untill October it still seems they did some work on it =3

F6iwKoA.jpg

IQ13pVr.jpg

Edited by Akanoes

Posted

I can see the ship going up to $500 easy. And look at that pic that looks a lot bigger than 100m. That look more like 200m. With the amount of cargo they say this ship holds and all the over stuff this ship need. I can see it getting that big easily. With the UK doing it Chris be luck if it not 300m lol.

Posted (edited)

I can see the ship going up to $500 easy. And look at that pic that looks a lot bigger than 100m. That look more like 200m. With the amount of cargo they say this ship holds and all the over stuff this ship need. I can see it getting that big easily. With the UK doing it Chris be luck if it not 300m lol.

Yea, but normally this price change happens when it hits the game, after extensive work. So i'm kinda curious how much work has actually been done to it, since it looks they played with it a fair bit already.

I do agree with you though, we haven't seen the last of the price increases for this one xD

Edited by Akanoes

Posted (edited)

They did do some work on it. It where they got the pic of the hallway from the inside of the ship. Also they did some concept work on it, if I remember right. Must off been planning out the inside of the ship. Then seen how big it was going to be. 

They did do the same for the 890 jump. Put the price up with out any work on the ship.

Edited by RSLtaken

Posted

to be fair they did say that as development progresses they were going to increase the prices of ships and they said that a long time ago.

Posted

The developement should start in October and the price already? Damn... The Carrack starts in November, I wonder which one will be pricier. What do you think?

Posted

The developement should start in October and the price already? Damn... The Carrack starts in November, I wonder which one will be pricier. What do you think?

Exactly my point, they shouldn't have started any work on it yet (though I'm happy they did and appreciate a little glimpse) so the price change kinda came out of the blue.

As for which one will be more expensive.. difficult to say, both are big amazing ships. Maybe the Carrack might be more expensive though, since it needs more systems, for all the sciency exploration systems, plus it has a snub and rover on board, Compared to just a big cargo hauler (though it does have some shop thing for trading on the go). The Carrack can also be considered the best exploration ship right? That might come with a price as well, the MM has 2 ships that can hold more cargo than it. They'll probably be pretty close in price though.

Posted

Exactly my point, they shouldn't have started any work on it yet (though I'm happy they did and appreciate a little glimpse) so the price change kinda came out of the blue.

As for which one will be more expensive.. difficult to say, both are big amazing ships. Maybe the Carrack might be more expensive though, since it needs more systems, for all the sciency exploration systems, plus it has a snub and rover on board, Compared to just a big cargo hauler (though it does have some shop thing for trading on the go). The Carrack can also be considered the best exploration ship right? That might come with a price as well, the MM has 2 ships that can hold more cargo than it. They'll probably be pretty close in price though.

You didn't watch Happy Hour yesterday?!

BMM is now pushed to 2019, while us Carrack owners are safe.. Room had to be made for the Space Whale Pods in 3.0 :-D

C5NyMPa.jpg

It was sarcasm :-o

Posted

You didn't watch Happy Hour yesterday?!

BMM is now pushed to 2019, while us Carrack owners are safe.. Room had to be made for the Space Whale Pods in 3.0 :-D

Don't joke about that man, you nearly gave me a heart attack xD

Posted

Well they did say that the BMM was underpriced and that it would be getting a price increase next time more information was released. Now that we have WIP concepts of the ship, it looks like there's some good progress being made, so it seems reasonable to up the price. I imagine that when it goes flight ready it'll be $400, given the fact that it's a fucking monster AND an alien ship.

Also it's now enormous so yeah.

Posted (edited)

Well they did say that the BMM was underpriced and that it would be getting a price increase next time more information was released. Now that we have WIP concepts of the ship, it looks like there's some good progress being made, so it seems reasonable to up the price. I imagine that when it goes flight ready it'll be $400, given the fact that it's a fucking monster AND an alien ship.

Also it's now enormous so yeah.

I'm surprised they didn't up the price last winter when it was available, I'll predict it ends up at 200 meters plus, and I think Ryker's correct - goes up again to $400 at flight-ready phase.

and that's not just a wild ass guess, the innerwebs used szience to make these estimates

D0Wnlgu.jpg

Edited by ichi

Posted

OMG its getting bigger as we speak -  this thing comes with a Polaris as a snub!  Cost is now over 90002Hlur1j.jpg

Posted

OMG! MM is as big as the Idris was ! The Carrack is now half the size of the MM. (yeah... not gonna happen) :D

Posted

Well, they did say this week that the MM was freaking huge.   So I fully expect it to double in size and end up bigger then the Polaris.

Posted

If that's the case, I am waiting for the Carrack update. This tendency will make it huge.

Posted

You'll need a special permit to fly or dock it anywhere and the gates in the game are not yet big enough for the Carrack to go through.  

Posted

looks like it ended up being the same size as the polaris

Posted

But I do like the way he said Banu capital ship. Do you think we could turn it into a capital ship?

Posted

It was interesting to hear that they are trying to find a way to get the Defender to be mounted to the Merchantman.. Makes me think about grabbing one just in-case.

Posted

i really should use my CCU to get one of these at the older cheaper price hmmm