Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Just wanted to keep you all in the loop:

I've recently accept a position with Ryanair to train on their 737-800s (very expensive new ship to play with). It's taken many years to get here, so I'll probably be gone for a while for the training, but I will be back (probably before SC is released - more likely before 3.0 drops!)

I'll try stop in every so often and post some pics of where I'm at with the training!

V

oav2vcm.jpg

Step 3!

First time with the full motion on today! Was so much fun :D

First landing was terrible (didn't look down the runway enough during the flare so had a very "positive" landing)

All further landings were near perfect :D 

Lots of manual flying getting used to the feel of the aircraft!

2 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

Cool, well done!

In the UK recently I have been watching a TV show showing trainee pilots doing their first landings in 737's, it gets my palms sweating just watching them.

The easyjet one?

They were the scarebus a320's i believe :D with the dodgy side stick :D 

Yeah will probably be a bit nervous the first time, but i have some more training specifically for that tomorrow morning. 4am start -_-

26 minutes ago, Valo said:

The easyjet one?

They were the scarebus a320's i believe :D with the dodgy side stick :D 

Yeah will probably be a bit nervous the first time, but i have some more training specifically for that tomorrow morning. 4am start -_-

Yeah, that is the one, sorry, thought it was a 737, I am only a very casual flight simmer. I am waiting for the proper VR update for X-Plane 11 to get into it more seriously.

Good luck for tomorrow :-)

15 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

Yeah, that is the one, sorry, thought it was a 737, I am only a very casual flight simmer. I am waiting for the proper VR update for X-Plane 11 to get into it more seriously.

Good luck for tomorrow :-)

If it has a multi pilot option give me a shout and I'll jump in with you ^_^ if you like that is haha

all sims done now :D

15 minutes ago, Valo said:

If it has a multi pilot option give me a shout and I'll jump in with you ^_^ if you like that is haha

all sims done now :D

Thanks, but a quick google seems to indicate current sims don't do multi crew sadly. I haven't bought X-Plane 11 yet, am waiting for them to add native VR support. Am playing Aerofly FS2 as it has great VR support, although it is a bit flight sim lite.  It is cool sitting in a virtual 737 cockpit, but I only know about half a dozen controls!

1 hour ago, Valo said:

it can be quite daunting looking at all the buttons and switches the first few times ;)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByoLGz4DtpKwODJfUF9Idmd4UGc

a video of one of my landings during circuit training today for anyone who's interested :)

That is really cool, thanks for sharing! I am rubbish at landings in flight sims, so I always get nervous watching others do it, I hate the landing part of real flights.

13 hours ago, Valo said:

it can be quite daunting looking at all the buttons and switches the first few times ;)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByoLGz4DtpKwODJfUF9Idmd4UGc

a video of one of my landings during circuit training today for anyone who's interested :)

was that a landing or a touch and go?

2 hours ago, The_Director said:

was that a landing or a touch and go?

in this case a touch and go :) had to do 7 touch and go's, one full stop landing

Only difference being full stop used autobrake, speedbrake and reverse thrust

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

MyImageName

Image Description 1

MyImageName

Image Description 2

MyImageName

Image Description 3