Jump to content

Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title


MyImageName

Banner 2 Title


MyImageName

Banner 3 Title


Recommended Posts

Just wanted to keep you all in the loop:

I've recently accept a position with Ryanair to train on their 737-800s (very expensive new ship to play with). It's taken many years to get here, so I'll probably be gone for a while for the training, but I will be back (probably before SC is released - more likely before 3.0 drops!)

I'll try stop in every so often and post some pics of where I'm at with the training!

V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oav2vcm.jpg

 

Step 3!

First time with the full motion on today! Was so much fun :D

First landing was terrible (didn't look down the runway enough during the flare so had a very "positive" landing)

All further landings were near perfect :D 

Lots of manual flying getting used to the feel of the aircraft!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

Cool, well done!

 

In the UK recently I have been watching a TV show showing trainee pilots doing their first landings in 737's, it gets my palms sweating just watching them.

The easyjet one?

They were the scarebus a320's i believe :D with the dodgy side stick :D 

 

Yeah will probably be a bit nervous the first time, but i have some more training specifically for that tomorrow morning. 4am start -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Valo said:

The easyjet one?

They were the scarebus a320's i believe :D with the dodgy side stick :D 

 

Yeah will probably be a bit nervous the first time, but i have some more training specifically for that tomorrow morning. 4am start -_-

 

Yeah, that is the one, sorry, thought it was a 737, I am only a very casual flight simmer. I am waiting for the proper VR update for X-Plane 11 to get into it more seriously.

 

Good luck for tomorrow :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

 

Yeah, that is the one, sorry, thought it was a 737, I am only a very casual flight simmer. I am waiting for the proper VR update for X-Plane 11 to get into it more seriously.

 

Good luck for tomorrow :-)

If it has a multi pilot option give me a shout and I'll jump in with you ^_^ if you like that is haha

 

all sims done now :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Valo said:

If it has a multi pilot option give me a shout and I'll jump in with you ^_^ if you like that is haha

 

all sims done now :D

 

Thanks, but a quick google seems to indicate current sims don't do multi crew sadly. I haven't bought X-Plane 11 yet, am waiting for them to add native VR support. Am playing Aerofly FS2 as it has great VR support, although it is a bit flight sim lite.  It is cool sitting in a virtual 737 cockpit, but I only know about half a dozen controls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valo said:

it can be quite daunting looking at all the buttons and switches the first few times ;)

 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByoLGz4DtpKwODJfUF9Idmd4UGc

 

a video of one of my landings during circuit training today for anyone who's interested :)

 

That is really cool, thanks for sharing! I am rubbish at landings in flight sims, so I always get nervous watching others do it, I hate the landing part of real flights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Valo said:

it can be quite daunting looking at all the buttons and switches the first few times ;)

 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByoLGz4DtpKwODJfUF9Idmd4UGc

 

a video of one of my landings during circuit training today for anyone who's interested :)

was that a landing or a touch and go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_Director said:

was that a landing or a touch and go?

in this case a touch and go :) had to do 7 touch and go's, one full stop landing

Only difference being full stop used autobrake, speedbrake and reverse thrust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

MyImageName

Image Description 1


MyImageName

Image Description 2


MyImageName

Image Description 3


×