Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Aemon

Questions about Flying an Avenger

Hey all,

I have been thinking about posting this for a while, but didn't want to sound as if I am complaining.  However, I have been having a real hard time with Star Citizen since the new flight model update.  My only ship is an Avenger Titan, which I have previously enjoyed very much.  However, now I seem to barely be able to fight with my ship at all.  I fly with mouse and keyboard, not for any specific reason, but just because I always have (I do have a relatively decent joystick I could use).  Therefore my gimbals are not locked and I can only either shoot with the main chaingun or the two wing mounted guns, not both.  The wing guns have always seemed pretty weak for me, and are hard to use with the mouse.  The chaingun worked well for me previously, but now seems to take forever to kill anything.

I totally understand that things will continue to change and that I need to spend more time with the new flight mechanics.  Also, my computer is good, but getting old and the game doesn't run great on it either, so I do have some stutter and chugging which can make it hard to dogfight.  However, I just haven't really been able to enjoy the game in a while.

So I guess what I want to know is: Is this normal?  Are other Avenger users experiencing issues?  Is the flight model a bit off or do I just have to get used to it?  Are their some tactics I can use to do a better job with what I have?  Really not trying to complain, just seeing how much of what I have been experiencing is due to me or due to the game.  I really enjoy Star Citizen and want to play it more, but since this last update I have really been staying away out of frustration.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice you can give.  It is appreciated!  

2.6.3 seems balanced for the Hornet/Sabre types, that chin is pretty powerful for a size 3 but it still seems very hard to kill larger ships like Vanguards and Cutlasses right now

The flight model is what it is, practice helps but my guess is that it will continue to change.

Also the aiming pips are not working right. You can have it on target but they wont hit.

And you can complain. People might think you are wrong about what you are complaining about and tell you so. But you have the right to say what you think.

You can always ask for help that not complaining.

Thanks for the responses!  They help a lot. 

I am really glad to know that the aiming pip is off.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I was so much worse at hitting things than I was before.  The flight model is really not my cup of tea and I figured it would change some eventually, but I was pretty certain I was still just as good at pointing my mouse at things.  Nice to know not every miss was my fault!

With your talk of other ships like the 300 series, I have thought of possibly upgrading to a freelancer, especially when 3.0 come out to enjoy more of the relaxed exploration and trade.  I can always buy another Avenger or something for not too much cash if I need to dogfight again I suppose.

Edited by Aemon

I have enjoyed it a good bit any time there was a free fly and I could try it out.  I like the look of it too.

What do you mean by properly fitted?  Are there guns you recommend buying for it?

I have enjoyed it a good bit any time there was a free fly and I could try it out.  I like the look of it too.

What do you mean by properly fitted?  Are there guns you recommend buying for it?

CIG didn't finish gun balancing yet, so every patch guns are different. For current 2.6.x patch one would most probably enjoy gatlings most of all :)

The only down side i could see yesterday while looking around it in the hanger was no bed, so hopefully that will come in the rework ;) 

Hmm, strange, I just checked my 315p and you are right, there is no bed. There certainly was one about a year ago, it was in the floor somehow. I am sure it will get rectified in the rework. I would like a toilet to be added as well just so I don't have to hang my bare ass out in the vacuum of space to do my business ;)

Hmm, strange, I just checked my 315p and you are right, there is no bed. There certainly was one about a year ago, it was in the floor somehow. I am sure it will get rectified in the rework. I would like a toilet to be added as well just so I don't have to hang my bare ass out in the vacuum of space to do my business ;)

I have No Comment for the image you have placed in my head..... Thanks hahah

New moon confirmed!

Thanks for the responses!  They help a lot. 

I am really glad to know that the aiming pip is off.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I was so much worse at hitting things than I was before.  The flight model is really not my cup of tea and I figured it would change some eventually, but I was pretty certain I was still just as good at pointing my mouse at things.  Nice to know not every miss was my fault!

With your talk of other ships like the 300 series, I have thought of possibly upgrading to a freelancer, especially when 3.0 come out to enjoy more of the relaxed exploration and trade.  I can always buy another Avenger or something for not too much cash if I need to dogfight again I suppose.

Hey Aemon

Don't forget to take a look at the cutlass black before you upgrade to a freelancer

Hey Aemon

Don't forget to take a look at the cutlass black before you upgrade to a freelancer

Thanks, Yodel, that is a really good idea.  I know that it is more of an outlaw ship, and while I have no interest in playing an outlaw, the general load out of the ship does seem to really fit what I would be interested in.  I can't wait to see the rework of it as well.  If I do upgrade, it may be a good idea to go cutlass first and then I can always upgrade again to freelancer if I like.

I appreciate the idea!

So, I know this discussion is a week or so old, but I think I figured out a plan.  I think I may grab the cutlass now to see what it is like when the rework comes out.  Just a couple of questions about this: Do we know if the rework will come out with 3.0?  I know it is supposed to be soon, but is it supposed to be that soon?  Also, I am thinking of just grabbing the ship straight for $100 instead of upgrading my Avenger as this would give me two ships and a new hanger.  Any advice on this?  Is the VGF hanger any fun now that they are all a bit smaller?  Would having an Avenger and Cutlass be a good mix and/or good spots to upgrade from later?  

Not really wanting to put too much money into the game yet, so I still may just upgrade the Avenger, but worth thinking about having another ship I suppose...and a hanger.

Also, is the cutlass any good now? Heard many people complain about it, but I hear people complain about most ships so I was wondering what you all thought.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for the advice!

Do we know if the rework will come out with 3.0?  I know it is supposed to be soon, but is it supposed to be that soon?

Schedule shows it to be complete on June 16th which means it would make it into 3.0.  Obviously things can get pushed back.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
This is the link to the production schedule report.  It's updated every Friday.

Edited by Waor