Concierge can now buy the Eclipse (warbond only)

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings Citizen,
You have been selected to receive a special preview of an upcoming joint announcement from Aegis Dynamics and the United Empire of Earth. Please join us via the RSI Comm-Link for an early unveiling of newly-declassified military hardware that the military has been operating against threats to the Empire. Your preview is available here.

Aegis-Eclipse-L4-Piece-2-Hangar-Presenta

Posted

my perdiction:

Stealth

Fast (4 intakes)

1+1 (one pilot, one assist remote gunner)

Internal payload

Side wings fold flat for takeoff.

Posted (edited)

Grabbed one to fill my bomber spot since I upgraded my Gladiator into a BMM

Edited by Waor

Posted

I don't see any guns at all.

that's exactly what is called "internal payload" no ? :D

Posted

Unless it has fixed weapons behind them squares half way down the wings

Posted (edited)

I don't see any guns at all.

Modern dedicated stealth bombers don't have external guns, or guns at all. Having guns hanging off the wings ruins the stealth cross-section. See B-1 and B-2 bombers.

Other option would be like the F-35 where it's hidden behind a panel, panel opens, weapon fires and goes back to being covered.

Edited by Waor

Posted (edited)

It'll be interesting to see if they only come with torpedoes, or have some kind of smaller, self defense missiles. 

The Aircraft Purist in me wants them to only come with giant torpedoes to put an absolute hurting on large ships and never know where it came from.

Edited by Waor

Posted

It'll be interesting to see if they only come with torpedoes, or have some kind of smaller, self defense missiles. 

The Aircraft Purist in me wants them to only come with giant torpedoes to put an absolute hurting on large ships and never know where it came from.

We'll figure it out as soon as they let us visit internals of yours :)

Posted

We'll figure it out as soon as they let us visit internals of yours :)

Hopefully we get a Tali as a loaner ship :P  Always wanted to tour one.

Posted (edited)

I was hoping it was a Space Superiority Fighter :(  but i already got a Vanguard Harbinger and a Polaris so i don't have to think about this ship any longer :) lol

Edited by solarfire

Posted

as great as this looks it's not worth buying for that price lol, by the time this gets released we will probs be able to buy ships in game...

Posted

as great as this looks it's not worth buying for that price lol, by the time this gets released we will probs be able to buy ships in game...

The Anvil Hurricane was conceptualized this year, and is scheduled to be released this year. 

Even if you can buy it in-game, you won't take it to full release. So if I hate it, I can just melt it and get something else.. 

Posted

~ 3000 units sold .. so some people disagree with you :)

Posted

~ 3000 units sold .. so some people disagree with you :)

And that's just concierge members.. Not even the general public.. :-D

$750,000 made in 24 hours.. 

Posted

And that's just concierge members.. Not even the general public.. :-D

$750,000 made in 24 hours.. 

Also actual money, since warbonds dont allow for store credit.

Posted (edited)

The Anvil Hurricane was conceptualized this year, and is scheduled to be released this year. 

Even if you can buy it in-game, you won't take it to full release. So if I hate it, I can just melt it and get something else.. 

wouldn't it be a lot better if you could just buy it in game you know play the game and earn it instead of wasting $250 for what would be take around 10 hours of game time to get, like I understand collectors and people that want to own everything but for a normal player you shouldn't have to spend $250 just to get a small ship like that. i kinda feel like they are now overpricing everything and no one is standing up and questioning them but mindlessly accepting it and this is just for the concept sale wait until they up the price at the Christmas or anniversary sale where it will cost 275-300

edit - looks like i didn't read my facts right the price is already 275 for a fighter... looks like the resale will be around 300-325 possibly even more

Edited by Dan

Posted

wouldn't it be a lot better if you could just buy it in game you know play the game and earn it instead of wasting $250 for what would be take around 10 hours of game time to get, like I understand collectors and people that want to own everything but for a normal player you shouldn't have to spend $250 just to get a small ship like that. i kinda feel like they are now overpricing everything and no one is standing up and questioning them but mindlessly accepting it and this is just for the concept sale wait until they up the price at the Christmas or anniversary sale where it will cost 275-300
edit - looks like i didn't read my facts right the price is already 275 for a fighter... looks like the resale will be around 300-325 possibly even more

Not sure what the condescending tone is for, especially when you have just shy of $3,000 spent on ships, telling others its just a waste and earn it in-game.

CIG has continually, and still to this day says you don't need anything besides the the $45 game package to be able to play, and that everything will be obtainable in game. No one is forcing anyone to spend anymore then their original $45.

Posted

Not sure what the condescending tone is for, especially when you have just shy of $3,000 spent on ships, telling others its just a waste and earn it in-game.

CIG has continually, and still to this day says you don't need anything besides the the $45 game package to be able to play, and that everything will be obtainable in game. No one is forcing anyone to spend anymore then their original $45.

yes i but i was putting money in to support the game i would be fine starting the game with my 1 banu mm and 1 banu defender (which i plan on doing, i'll donate/loan the rest of my the ships to our military), the rest of it was because I wanted to support the game, the two Polaris's and hull e and endeavour I have I will most likely never use...

I was just voicing my opinion that cig are overpricing new ships which is unfair for people buying them (also i wasn't trying to sound condescending), and will turn away new players that will assume the game is pay to win when they one of the smallest ships selling for $275  (even though its not pay to win)

but if you looked on the forums/spectrum you will find a lot of people who agree with me, I saw a vote asking the question if the ship was over priced/worth the price and it was like 30 no and 50 yes, i just don't want this to become the new standard price for a fighter encase there is a new fighter that is very appealing especially since one of the upcoming ships is the 600i and it'd be nice if it wasn't overpriced.

Posted

Just saying you can always met a few ships and give me a 890jump

Posted

I completely agree Dan, the new prices just seem off base lately. Before you could at least get a sense of what a ship may cost based on it's size or rarity, but nowadays a small ship like the eclipse costs nearly as much as a constellation aquila, coming close to the Orion. A beginners mining ship, the prospector costs as much as 5 starter ships. An intermediate explorer ship the Terrapin costs as much as popular multi-crew ships. Even small vehicles like the 350r, 85x, Razor, Gladius, or Defender are a bit out of reach considering their roles - yes I know Origin and Alien races come with their own premiums, but at what level is it considered reasonable? 20? 50? 200? I'm sure a great many people with small packages (sounds weird now that I wrote it ;)), like myself, would love to invest into the development a little more, but these sales feel as though they are getting more and more out of reach to the majority of their customers. Bringing less and less logic/value to the pricing. Could be just the side effect of trying to re-balance the ship prices since they first started offering ships. All I know is I'd like to see more alternative ships to the freelancer.

Posted (edited)

I completely agree Dan, the new prices just seem off base lately. Before you could at least get a sense of what a ship may cost based on it's size or rarity, but nowadays a small ship like the eclipse costs nearly as much as a constellation aquila, coming close to the Orion. A beginners mining ship, the prospector costs as much as 5 starter ships. An intermediate explorer ship the Terrapin costs as much as popular multi-crew ships. Even small vehicles like the 350r, 85x, Razor, Gladius, or Defender are a bit out of reach considering their roles

This is my opinion -  A Prospector should cost as much as 5 Auroras. Look at the money making potential a Prospector has with Mining, versus what the Aurora can do to earn credits. 

Things like the Eclipse only make sense to have high price tags, look at what it is capable of. 3 Size 9 Torpedoes is potentially a TON of firepower, compounded with Stealth is going to be deadly. How would DeadlySniper feel in his shiny, brand new Aquila that cost him $275, zooming around the Verse'. Here comes Waor, in his shiny brand new Eclipse that cost him $130. Waor fires a salvo of 3 Size 9 Torpedoes, utterly disabling DeadlySniper in his ship that cost 2x as much and he never had a chance to even get Waor on Radar. People would absolutely riot and call the Eclipse OP and it'd get nerfed into oblivion. 

Taking away the massive torpedo firepower of the Eclipse makes it useless as well.. Now you have a ship thats a "Stealth Bomber" but has small torpedoes that can't take out ships, useless fixed size 2 guns, along with no armor or shields... 

The Eclipse embodies what a true "Stealth Bomber" is supposed to be.

Edited by Waor

Posted

This is my opinion -  A Prospector should cost as much as 5 Auroras. Look at the money making potential a Prospector has with Mining, versus what the Aurora can do to earn credits. 

While mining and trading should be potentially lucrative sectors: the PU is supposed to be pretty well-balanced so its not like auroras or mustangs will be making 5 times less money. Remember the prospector has no armor and no weaponry which means its needs protection. Depending upon the location and profitability of the operation mercenaries may decide to turn on you and take a bigger pot of credits. It also has limited transport ability = it may require transport ships. And mining equipment will need to be continually repaired or exchanged to name a few drawbacks. So while the prospector is specialized for small mining operations , aurora and mustang owners should still have a solid cash flow with the flexibility of jobs they can take. I think the price of 2-3 auroras would be more appropriate, that's my opinion.

Things like the Eclipse only make sense to have high price tags, look at what it is capable of. 3 Size 9 Torpedoes is potentially a TON of firepower, compounded with Stealth is going to be deadly. How would DeadlySniper feel in his shiny, brand new Aquila that cost him $275, zooming around the Verse'. Here comes Waor, in his shiny brand new Eclipse that cost him $130. Waor fires a salvo of 3 Size 9 Torpedoes, utterly disabling DeadlySniper in his ship that cost 2x as much and he never had a chance to even get Waor on Radar. People would absolutely riot and call the Eclipse OP and it'd get nerfed into oblivion. 

Taking away the massive torpedo firepower of the Eclipse makes it useless as well.. Now you have a ship thats a "Stealth Bomber" but has small torpedoes that can't take out ships, useless fixed size 2 guns, along with no armor or shields... 

The Eclipse embodies what a true "Stealth Bomber" is supposed to be.

First off great hypothetical situation, it felt so personal. Size 9 Good God!?! I must've looked over that. I was going to compare it to the Retaliator which also costs $275 and is equipped with torpedoes, but they're only S3 (which is very odd considering they look 40x bigger than the Eclipse's). I agree that the Eclipse fits its role perfectly and it will be an extremely formidable ship to be reckoned with. A single-seater stealth bomber capable of destroying capital ships is just a lot to swallow. Maybe I'm just in shock more than anything else. I figured the Gladiator was going to be the standard single (technically double) seater bomber available, having S5 torpedoes and costing $165.