Tactical Advance

Hi guys I have a quick question.

I saw the oculus is listed at 400 usd, so was wondering if any of you guys have one and if it's worth buying it since its half the price of the HTC vive and I'm mainly going to use only the headset part non of that fancy room scaling cr*p I have to pay extra for.

Thanks

I'm busy upgrade my PC again for when I head home in November so buying parts as thy go on sale to save a bit, so on the web every night buying cr*p I don't need but it's fun as long as jy don't look at your bank statements

I have had a Rift for a year and it is amazing. Don't expect support for SC in the next few years. Don't discount Roomscale VR, it is friggin' amazing, for space fans, Mission ISS and Lone Echo let you experience zero-g in your own house.

For the unique experiences it can give you, the Rift sale is a steal at $400, and I paid about 3 times that for my setup and it was still worth it. When you try VR, you feel like you have just jumped 50 years into the future.

Depends if you like VR. It is a cool concept but really just not my thing. I have a Rift that was given to me and I'm only planning to keep it so my kids can play with it a bit. Eventually I may try the game Starfleet Bridge Crew since some people seem to really like it, but I doubt I'll get into it. I wouldn't fork over more than $100 for VR myself as i much prefer using mouse & keyboard instead of waving my hands around.

OK thanks, going to go place my order. It luckily comes free with a few of those extras now you had to pay for in the past.

I'm basically only going to use it in SC and a few single player fps games to see if it's a bit more immersive but also with mouse and keyboard or flight stick.

I did how ever saw thy are working on a glove to replace those controllers so that should be fun to try out when it launches.

Thanks FCF and Drakin

OK thanks, going to go place my order. It luckily comes free with a few of those extras now you had to pay for in the past.

I'm basically only going to use it in SC and a few single player fps games to see if it's a bit more immersive but also with mouse and keyboard or flight stick.

I did how ever saw thy are working on a glove to replace those controllers so that should be fun to try out when it launches.

Thanks FCF and Drakin

As I said before, there is no VR support in SC, and FPS games with mouse and keyboard are a terrible experience even if you can get them to work via a kludge like VorpX. Buy VR for what it is, not for experiences you think it can do. Real made for VR experiences are amazing.

On 7/27/2017 at 0:10 PM, FriendCalledFive said:

As I said before, there is no VR support in SC, and FPS games with mouse and keyboard are a terrible experience even if you can get them to work via a kludge like VorpX. Buy VR for what it is, not for experiences you think it can do. Real made for VR experiences are amazing.

No vr support. Yet.

chris Roberts has already stated the rift will get support before any other vr headset.

even then. People are playing sc with a rift currently ;-)