Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

AirBorn4Life

Impact of the delays etc..

I was watching a streamer yesterday and he was asked if he would play Star Citizen when the game came out. His response was "No, because it has been in Alpha for as long as he can remember". So the question is do you think the lack of progression and delays turns people off about Star Citizen?

It really depends on the person is what I find, often times if the person is informed of how the game is being made they are totally cool, but if they have a history of trusting games that never make it out of beta then more often than not they distrust SC devs.

ofc SC has faced setbacks but most games need a development time of 5 years, and while we are now past that, the scale of the game really needs 7 years imo.

It really depends on the person is what I find, often times if the person is informed of how the game is being made they are totally cool, but if they have a history of trusting games that never make it out of beta then more often than not they distrust SC devs.

ofc SC has faced setbacks but most games need a development time of 5 years, and while we are now past that, the scale of the game really needs 7 years imo.

You will find many people becoming impatient, especially when things become hyped up then their is a major setback.

I was watching a streamer yesterday and he was asked if he would play Star Citizen when the game came out. His response was "No, because it has been in Alpha for as long as he can remember". So the question is do you think the lack of progression and delays turns people off about Star Citizen?

The project doesn't need clueless backers who don't understand game development, especially streamers who will just put off other people. They will play the game when it is in a more playable state. People don't usually hear about major games until they are a year or two away, so they don't understand the years it takes to make a game, especially when you have to create the dev team from scratch.

The project doesn't need clueless backers who don't understand game development, especially streamers who will just put off other people. They will play the game when it is in a more playable state. People don't usually hear about major games until they are a year or two away, so they don't understand the years it takes to make a game, especially when you have to create the dev team from scratch.

True, I just hope Star Citizen becomes everything they want it to become. 

In two years (hopefully no more than two years) when the game go live you will have a lot of the people who said they never played the game because it been in alpha to long start looking at the game again. Some might like the game and buy it and others will not. But not everyone likes every type of game. So you will always have people who do not like this game for what every reason.  

If 3.0 is successful, there may very well be an exponential increase in backers.

Which you are correct, when people start to see the game nearing launch you will see a bunch of new backers.

I will just be sitting in the corner relaxing and waiting for this great concept to be somewhere close to complete. 

As long as they do it right I suppose we will have the patience, I just don't want to wait then be sadly disappointed like games in the past. That is the risk I'm willing to take tho.

Edited by AirBorn4Life

I start counting years since 2014 anyway (in late 2013 opens Foundry 42 UK). So, 2014 + 7 years of production = 2021 . BOOM ! CALLED IT ! RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED ! XDD

I cant wait till 2021 I might actually go nuts, but that will probably be the release date.

Star Citizen just isn't a "stream friendly" game to begin with. Unless the FPS part magically becomes the next E-sport.

Sure Lirik will play Squad 42 at some point, and he will have 40-80k viewers. But beyond that I think it will be a game which people want to play themselves instead of watching. 
Like Arma 3, which was popular at some point due to some RP mods, and when Battle Royale was heavily competed. 

I don't think the delays puts people off. Far too often you see games released un-finished with a lot of promises to be polished. But after a week the game is dead, and there's no one to polish it for.
And all in all, I'm very positive to the final release. If it continues on the path its on, it will be the next "World of Warcraft". By that I mean, a game which "everyone" wants to play, a game that offers completely new experiences, and in a market and time where there just isn't any rivalry to it.

Although it lacks light colored, fluffy, cute, cartoonish looks which would appeal more to the masses (back to not being a stream friendly game).

Edited by Kujiin

Star Citizen just isn't a "stream friendly" game to begin with. Unless the FPS part magically becomes the next E-sport.

Sure Lirik will play Squad 42 at some point, and he will have 40-80k viewers. But beyond that I think it will be a game which people want to play themselves instead of watching. 
Like Arma 3, which was popular at some point due to some RP mods, and when Battle Royale was heavily competed. 

I don't think the delays puts people off. Far too often you see games released un-finished with a lot of promises to be polished. But after a week the game is dead, and there's no one to polish it for.
And all in all, I'm very positive to the final release. If it continues on the path its on, it will be the next "World of Warcraft". By that I mean, a game which "everyone" wants to play, a game that offers completely new experiences, and in a market and time where there just isn't any rivalry to it.

Although it lacks light colored, fluffy, cute, cartoonish looks which would appeal more to the masses (back to not being a stream friendly game).

maxresdefault.jpg

'nuff said

Edited by The_Director

http://imgur.com/oYtmbVz

Just to let you know that how every ship I lend the Org will look. 

I'm down, but I have to stick to my Aurora. Ride or die.

So saying, you don't want it to become a Battlefield 4 where it takes them over 2 years after launch to finish it. I agree.

Edited by AirBorn4Life

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

MyImageName

Image Description 1

MyImageName

Image Description 2

MyImageName

Image Description 3