Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Drakin

Star Trek: Discovery

I just watched it and I'm curious what others think.

Personally I didn't like it. While I didn't like the new look of the Klingons (why did they need to change yet again??), it was the look of their armor that bothered me more. It was far too garish. Why did the lead Klingon have rubies on his armor??

But more than just visual things, it just failed to inspire overall. At no point (including the insipid intro) did I think "wow, I really look forward to seeing where this series will take us!" In fact, by the end of the second episode my primary thought was "Well, that's that..."

I thought the best scene was when the Captain and First Officer go to the bridge of the enemy ship, but that didn't last very long.

I figure it has to get better from here, as it can't get much worse. So I guess I'll have to look forward to that, though I may just wait for the next few episodes to come out before I get around to watching it again.

The critics seem to like it though. So what do you guys think?

I watched it as well.

I knew I wasn't the only one who despises the revamped Klingon look! Ever since they introduced it in the JJ Abrams movies I've hated the change. They all look generic now and they've got so much prosthetics on that it's almost impossible to recognize any expressions or individuality they try to portray.

Overall I thought it was great, though it was missing something crucial to a star trek series: humor and crew development.  That being said I think both of those elements will develop as the series gets going, I mean we know next to nothing about Discovery's crew and its already 3 episodes in. Also if I remember correctly I don't think TNG or Voyager were all that humorous in their pilots either. I like the groundwork that's been laid down so far; how the story takes place before the original series (yet they still chose to bring it up to date), perspectives/emphasis from both the Klingons and a first officer - not solely from a captain, and lastly the show's producers seem to have an appreciation for the small details.

The only thing that concerns me is that Discovery's crew from the previews, aside from the captain, doesn't look all that "memorable/iconic" : you could mix and match any actor into their roles and it wouldn't change a thing. Maybe that will change once they're given a chance to develop.

Ive yet to see this show myself, but from what i can see its like every other TV show. The pilot is just to introduce the names of the characters, the basic lore backbone and a little excitement. The actual episodes from here on should properly define how the show will go.

Amazing seeing the captain of the ship and Vulcan wannabe boarding a damaged klingon ship on their own. Why Bother with å boarding team when the captain is å super Hero....

The space armor and Helmet of the single klingon warrior confronting the Vulcan wannabe in the outside of the klingon vessel looked cool, but the collar looking Chest and neck cover of the klingons in general just didnt look cool. Also hade a problem with the klingon Faces. In profile the Bend of the nose looked very similar to the engineers from Prometheus

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, Galaxy_Express said:

Amazing seeing the captain of the ship and Vulcan wannabe boarding a damaged klingon ship on their own. Why Bother with å boarding team when the captain is å super Hero....

The space armor and Helmet of the single klingon warrior confronting the Vulcan wannabe in the outside of the klingon vessel looked cool, but the collar looking Chest and neck cover of the klingons in general just didnt look cool. Also hade a problem with the klingon Faces. In profile the Bend of the nose looked very similar to the engineers from Prometheus

Couldn't have said it better.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

MyImageName

Image Description 1

MyImageName

Image Description 2

MyImageName

Image Description 3