Tactical Advance
LordSeb

Anniversary Sale - What's everyone getting?

Ok Anniversary sale is almost here. What's the plan folks? What looks good? What are people interested in getting? Are there any ships our org seems to be particularly lacking in?

Currently I am decked out with:
Carrack
Terrapin
Cutlass Black
Origin X1 base grade.

I am going to get me an Endeavor either way, hopefully a Hope if possible. My great debate is do I melt the X1 and CCU the cutlass for an Endeavor or do I just CCU the X1. In theory if I kill the Cutlass Black, I will use the Terrapin in its place as a smallerish jack of trades, but then that is a sacrifice of a real jack of all trades ship. Other side of the coin is I am having the old debate of do I upgrade the black to a cutlass red, but not doing so gives me something to earn in game. After all it will take a hell of a lot less time than grinding out an Endeavor!

I ain't so crash hot in the combat role but also debating to pickup a fighter, maybe of origin make. Who knows. Realistically I think I only want to have 3-4 ships because I am 1 person and can't use them all at once.

Anyone thinking about the teasing of that potentially new concept ship? Not sure if it will be there for the anniversary sale, but you never know.

Has any of the reworks on ships tempted anyone to change their minds?

Anyway waffle waffle. If you are getting something, chuck it in here and your reasoning I'd be curious to know. 

I wonder if the Cutlass models will go up in price during the anniversary sale.  The Black likely will go up a few dollars for 3.0, it'll be interesting how CIG handles the price changes on the three models.

the hope class is a very interesting ship, I think it will be my long-term project focus to get in-game; I have considered melting everything and just getting the Endeavor, it seems like it would be a full time ship for those who have one

ps nice exploration fleet you got already

The Endeavor Hope is a great ship. The Endeavor is just a great ship all round. I would like to have a go working on it, but not a ships I would like to own. Like what ichi said seems like it a ship that take up a lot of time. 

I say if you got the money and you don't need the money from the Cutlass you just CCU the X1. I think the Cutlass Black will be a great ship to start with. But if you need or feel like melting at the time, it is always on sale so you can always get it back if you change your mind. 

Only ship I might get is the Reclaimer. But if I do I probable melt something for it. But after getting the Pioneer I don't have much left to melt. 

I bought the 3 pack X1 and a single X1 Force. The pack has already lost 2 of its number for a Cutlass Red and a Reliant Kore - The plan being not necessarily to keep these ships, but they allow me to increase the value of my purchases gradually. Realistically I am pretty much set up for support and earning a living already. Potentially a Freelancer Max or Hull B for my early plan might be added. I also want to swap out the 3rd X1 for a Dragonfly as I think the ability to carry a small piece of cargo on a planet will be useful. Further on, a Hull C but I'm less inclined to the large crewed ships. I plan on having my own plot / plots of land (nobody said you cant more than 1). If I can obtain say 4 or 6 plots (or more!) in a block then it becomes a significant area to develop later on. The aim is to have a small city somewhere useful eventually. At that point its all about watching the numbers tick round on their own :) Just call me Pizza - The - Hut lol

3 hours ago, RSLtaken said:

The Endeavor Hope is a great ship. The Endeavor is just a great ship all round. I would like to have a go working on it, but not a ships I would like to own. Like what ichi said seems like it a ship that take up a lot of time. 

I say if you got the money and you don't need the money from the Cutlass you just CCU the X1. I think the Cutlass Black will be a great ship to start with. But if you need or feel like melting at the time, it is always on sale so you can always get it back if you change your mind. 

Only ship I might get is the Reclaimer. But if I do I probable melt something for it. But after getting the Pioneer I don't have much left to melt. 

More than welcome to come work aboard my Endeavor from time to time. I'll give you a helping hand on your Pioneer if needed. Jeez the Pioneer is one mighty ship, glad someone got it. I can see why you would melt a big chunk of your fleet for it. I was very tempted.

5 hours ago, ichi said:

I wonder if the Cutlass models will go up in price during the anniversary sale.  The Black likely will go up a few dollars for 3.0, it'll be interesting how CIG handles the price changes on the three models.

the hope class is a very interesting ship, I think it will be my long-term project focus to get in-game; I have considered melting everything and just getting the Endeavor, it seems like it would be a full time ship for those who have one

ps nice exploration fleet you got already

Yea I am kinda curious about how CIG is gonna handle pricing of them too. Hope definitely will be a long term project, I decided if the pricing in real cash is anything to base on in game costing, it will take a lot of hours grinding and my decision was I rather not take the time cost for my favourite ship in Star Citizen. I wouldn't want to get disheartened on the grind to get it. My first aim when available will be to get the other endeavour modules and then on to probably other big ships/stations/outposts as long term goals for me. Main aim overall is fun so I have tried to get ships that can do a lot of things and I will tailor my game as I find out what is fun for me.

1 hour ago, Bursar said:

I bought the 3 pack X1 and a single X1 Force. The pack has already lost 2 of its number for a Cutlass Red and a Reliant Kore - The plan being not necessarily to keep these ships, but they allow me to increase the value of my purchases gradually. Realistically I am pretty much set up for support and earning a living already. Potentially a Freelancer Max or Hull B for my early plan might be added. I also want to swap out the 3rd X1 for a Dragonfly as I think the ability to carry a small piece of cargo on a planet will be useful. Further on, a Hull C but I'm less inclined to the large crewed ships. I plan on having my own plot / plots of land (nobody said you cant more than 1). If I can obtain say 4 or 6 plots (or more!) in a block then it becomes a significant area to develop later on. The aim is to have a small city somewhere useful eventually. At that point its all about watching the numbers tick round on their own :) Just call me Pizza - The - Hut lol

I'm am all up for the idea of having a little city or settlement full of credit making operations. I can see why you might not like the idea of large crewed ships, but for me they hold a real charm cruising across the stars. Hahaha prohibitive crew costs or not. Just something about a huge ship you can run around in and do a lots of things in the long jumps. At worst :D I am going to have my laptop by me and be writing or reading as I zoom across the light years. Seeing the huge void warfare involving the capital ships was really amazing for me, haha I'd hate to be picking up the repair bills, but oh well in the end.

I think in the short to medium term, its going to be about getting a foothold and steady income stream. AND learning all the new mechanics as they throw them at us. I also expect some initial stupidity until things settle down and people realise the cost of stupidity ;) After that and we have that solid base to build from, we're going to need something solid to work from so bases to me, potentially a decent network across the available systems makes good sense. Having a ground base on an inhabited planet offers R&R, and also the ability to group up relatively easily  - a Jumping off point. Later on I want land to earn me money so not minerals, but possibly a repair facility, reloading, upgrade and stores setup.

Once you have a secure facility, it makes landing larger ships much more attractive.

So, for Christmas I'd like a nice breathable atmosphere, some plant life and about 65sq Km with a lakefront spot and mountains in the background. Ideally with some resources of something rare away from my beachfront complex lol.

Reading through the responses reminded me of an important point - I'm planning not only for when the game goes live but for alpha and beta

Having a plan for release is very important - smaller ships to 'get a foothold and steady income stream' and variety of gameplay, and larger ships because they're supposed to be much harder to earn in-game.  Always thinking about what ships and professions appeal to me, how multiplayer and NPCs will work.

But that may be a long time before we get to that point.  Between now and then it makes sense to have the ships that are in-game and flyable, that have game mechanics available to test.  For example, I have a Sabre, because up until now the game has been all about combat, and the Sabre excels at that.  But when the game goes live I'll probably want someething with longer range, like a Warden or Defender, and will likely swap it out.

I'm not sure if/when there will be changes to the buy-back and CCU systems, but until then it makes a bit of sense to have ships that are flyable in your hangar with a plan to swap out as we near release.

Its also important to keep in mind that all we need is one game package with a single ship to play this game.  There'll be plenty of friends in the Org to team up with on their ships (and them on yours).

I was hoping the new ship matrix would help me figure out how to update my fleet, but the more I study the new ship matrix the more I am confused. I'm even wondering if the Carrack will ultimately be half the ship I expected it to be.

So really, I have no idea what I'll do during the sale. I picked up some X1 purely as LTI tokens in preparation for the anniversary sale, but I just have no idea now. I had thought I'd at least be able to decide whether to keep my Freelancer Max or get some other cargo ship, but again, there's not much to go on.

Ill be redoing my entire line up this year. Melting even my original starter package. I want a Starfarer but after last weeks discussion, I have no idea if I should just wait..

New additions:

• Hull A (Starter Ship/Package Ship)
  • Hull B
  • Hull C
  • Hull D
  • Hull E
  • Prospector
  • Orion (if I can get one)

Ships to be melted:

• Connie Taurus
  • Connie Aqulia
  • Caterpillar

Hull C, D and E will get CCU'd into my Nox 5-pack I purchased, along with the Orion.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:00 AM, ichi said:

Reading through the responses reminded me of an important point - I'm planning not only for when the game goes live but for alpha and beta

Having a plan for release is very important - smaller ships to 'get a foothold and steady income stream' and variety of gameplay, and larger ships because they're supposed to be much harder to earn in-game.  Always thinking about what ships and professions appeal to me, how multiplayer and NPCs will work.

But that may be a long time before we get to that point.  Between now and then it makes sense to have the ships that are in-game and flyable, that have game mechanics available to test.  For example, I have a Sabre, because up until now the game has been all about combat, and the Sabre excels at that.  But when the game goes live I'll probably want someething with longer range, like a Warden or Defender, and will likely swap it out.

I'm not sure if/when there will be changes to the buy-back and CCU systems, but until then it makes a bit of sense to have ships that are flyable in your hangar with a plan to swap out as we near release.

Its also important to keep in mind that all we need is one game package with a single ship to play this game.  There'll be plenty of friends in the Org to team up with on their ships (and them on yours).

Just to add to this, there is a chance that there wont ever be a hard release, instead they would let each version update become more persistent, till they decide they have stable gameplay.

So not only should you get the ships that you want to fly now, but they just might also be getting the UEC that will persist to go and buy that ship that might cost a bit more.

32 minutes ago, The_Director said:

Just to add to this, there is a chance that there wont ever be a hard release, instead they would let each version update become more persistent, till they decide they have stable gameplay.

So not only should you get the ships that you want to fly now, but they just might also be getting the UEC that will persist to go and buy that ship that might cost a bit more.

I was contemplating buying UEC Chits now, I just wish I had a idea of what stuff will be valued.. 20,000 UEC Chits are the biggest we can get, just not sure what that will buy me.

3 hours ago, Waor said:

I was contemplating buying UEC Chits now, I just wish I had a idea of what stuff will be valued.. 20,000 UEC Chits are the biggest we can get, just not sure what that will buy me.

You have lots of time to buy UEC. I say we have 3 years before this game will go live. 

I think The_Director is wrong about them not having a hard release. They slowly build up the game to where they want it. After they think it ready, they run it for a month or two to check all the back end stuff and all the code is bug free. Then they tell us in two or three months the game be live. So we have until a couple days before to sort out your fleets because you loss all your buy backs and CCU's. You will also have Operation Pitchfork in this time. That CIG wants for a stress test and for advertising. When the game go live it will be a hard wipe and the UEC you have paid for/from game package will be added to your in game account so you can use. 

I think the best value for real world money is ships at this time. 

Aurora MR stock weapon load out. 

Behring MSD-221 "Marsden" Missile Rack 2,000 uec 

Behring Marksman I 1,000 uec each x2 

M3A Laser Cannon 4,000 uec each x2 

as we don't know the other parts price I take prices of other power plants and shield then half the price.

SEAL INK-Mark Shields - INK-Mark 104-ID 8,000 - half that 4,000 uec 

Wen/Cassel Endo Cooler 7,000 - 3,500 uec 

Amon & Reese Co. Overdrive Power Plant 16,000 - 8,000 uec 

So that 27,500 uec just for some of the parts on the MR. That works out to be the same price as the ship. But it up to you what you do with your money. We have to see how pricing works later as more things come on line. Remember everything can change at this time. 

The only part out of the Anvil special I loved was all the goodness of the internals of the Carrack and the part on the Terrapin. 

Doesn't it really want to tempt you, they look pretty damn cool. So glad I took the leap of faith and got that explorer pack some time back.

Edited by LordSeb

Damn....... Damn...... Haha I might consider getting the 85X as a small little run about snub. Since it has a quantum drive. Or maybe I should just wait for in game credits, as snubs will probably be cheap as chips..... 

Has anyone tried it in atmospheric flight yet? I am curious how it handles.

Edited by LordSeb

I weakened 3 cups of coffee sacrificed to the 85X :D I upgraded it from the Origin X1. Let's hope she flies sleekly across atmosphere, in 3.0. It makes sense to me because A. Jump drive B. Small personal craft C. Onboard oxygen D. All round better than the X1 for getting about.

Roll on Endeavor Hope. It will be my final Star Citizen purchase :).

How are the Anniversary Sales going for everyone else? 

Edited by LordSeb

2 hours ago, The_Director said:

I have the terrapin (which I also want to change) ant the x1

some money (under$50) and with the news of landing plots idk what to get!

That's a hard one (I like the Terrapin bullet magnet *cough* shield). What sort of thing you aiming to be doing in the verse? I just realised that enormous Orion beast is about $300usd.You could run away with one of them.

Assuming you have a Carrack. We don't know how the Carrack snub is going to be. I bet nothing amazing. The Carrack hangar supposedly will hold 20 mts ships. With the planetary mechanics (aka: look down) I would get the ship with best visibility. The M50 is fine and a beauty but the floor window of the Hawk make me buy one. I'm also disappointed with the Terrapin they mention that could scan for minerals and s*#t. nothing that Carrack couldn't do by himself. I put a crucible ccu on the terrapin, if it ends fitting in the Carrack Hangar and the hovering atmospheric flight works in the future, maybe I will keep it, for the radar only. If you are playing around the 890J forget everything I just said. 

6 minutes ago, DaftOlll said:

Assuming you have a Carrack. We don't know how the Carrack snub is going to be. I bet nothing amazing. The Carrack hangar supposedly will hold 20 mts ships. With the planetary mechanics (aka: look down) I would get the ship with best visibility. The M50 is fine and a beauty but the floor window of the Hawk make me buy one. I'm also disappointed with the Terrapin they mention that could scan for minerals and s*#t. nothing that Carrack couldn't do by himself. I put a crucible ccu on the terrapin, if it ends fitting in the Carrack Hangar and the hovering atmospheric flight works in the future, maybe I will keep it, for the radar only. If you are playing around the 890J forget everything I just said. 

I will always take donations for a 890 Jump!

And no i only have the terrapin and x1, a combo value of $250 and i dont want to add more than another $50 for a total of $300...... dang ive already spent alot on this game.