Hero
LordSeb

Anniversary Sale - What's everyone getting?

Seb brings up a good point. For an endgame mining ship the orion seems like a steal at $325 with all things considering.

I've been having a tough time deciding as well mainly because a. my current ship (avenger) is so damn versatile b. $60 is already invested in my pledge ship with no lti and c. because everything costs so much. Max budget is about $200.

Ideally I'd love an exploration ship that can defend itself (and no I don't mean that it can turtle although that's helpful too). The Terrapin was a bit appetizing until it lost most of it's armaments, now its not much better than a prospector offensively.

Banu Defender - love the design. Everything about the ship looks beautifully crafted. Only gripe I have is I don't know if my ocd can deal with a decentralized cockpit and two prongs in front.

Constellation Taurus is kind of my fall back although with the recent reworks it too could have it's weapons snipped.

23 minutes ago, The_Director said:

I’m thinking about the misk reliant mesko news van...

Not a ship I would pick. But if that game play interest you go for it.

What type of fighter was you thinking of? Something fast or something tanky. Fast I go Mustang Delta or Gladius. If you want something that can take a lot of damage F7C Hornet. Wild card Hawk, I know it only has size 1 and 2 weapons. But I like that it has 6 of them, so if one get shot off it not the end of the world. I so like that it come with a EMP to start. They are all under £105. 

16 hours ago, DeadlySniper007 said:

Seb brings up a good point. For an endgame mining ship the orion seems like a steal at $325 with all things considering.

I've been having a tough time deciding as well mainly because a. my current ship (avenger) is so damn versatile b. $60 is already invested in my pledge ship with no lti and c. because everything costs so much. Max budget is about $200.

Ideally I'd love an exploration ship that can defend itself (and no I don't mean that it can turtle although that's helpful too). The Terrapin was a bit appetizing until it lost most of it's armaments, now its not much better than a prospector offensively.

Banu Defender - love the design. Everything about the ship looks beautifully crafted. Only gripe I have is I don't know if my ocd can deal with a decentralized cockpit and two prongs in front.

Constellation Taurus is kind of my fall back although with the recent reworks it too could have it's weapons snipped.

Have you thought about a 315p or freelancer DUR. 315p fast and has some good weapons. DUR has great range and some good weapons and missiles. 

Officially am the proud owner of an Endeavor. We shall never speak of the cost again. I also picked up the hangar and hospital modules, as all the modules are on sale under add ons. My Terrapin was sacrified to the great beast, but in comparison I could earn a Terrapin a hell of a lot faster than an Endeavor.

:O damn 55 USD off of concierge.

Edited by LordSeb

8 hours ago, RSLtaken said:

Have you thought about a 315p or freelancer DUR. 315p fast and has some good weapons. DUR has great range and some good weapons and missiles. 

I did have a gander at the 315p, stats were just too basic for me I was hoping for something a bit more formidable. Thank you for reminding me about the DUR though, its a solid choice to consider. I kind of discarded it because I'm not a big fan of the Freelancer exterior and MISC cockpit, but I'm warming up to it at least for the short term. With a new pass it may look even more appealing.

I think I've decided to go a different direction. Before I would've had to part ways with the avenger to afford a ship like the terrapin or the defender - and maybe that will still happen later. It just felt like I was locking myself into a certain type of gameplay. before I got to experiment more. Ichi hit on the head, it's not just about the live release: it's also about the alpha and beta. My choices aren't ships I'm dying to have (those ships are already well past my price range), I'll have time to work for those. What's important now is trying out what else I like.

Barring any Drake ships that'll tickle me pink, I'll be adding a MISC Prospector to my roster tomorrow :)

30 minutes ago, DeadlySniper007 said:

I did have a gander at the 315p, stats were just too basic for me I was hoping for something a bit more formidable. Thank you for reminding me about the DUR though, its a solid choice to consider. I kind of discarded it because I'm not a big fan of the Freelancer exterior and MISC cockpit, but I'm warming up to it at least for the short term. With a new pass it may look even more appealing.

I think I've decided to go a different direction. Before I would've had to part ways with the avenger to afford a ship like the terrapin or the defender - and maybe that will still happen later. It just felt like I was locking myself into a certain type of gameplay. before I got to experiment more. Ichi hit on the head, it's not just about the live release: it's also about the alpha and beta. My choices aren't ships I'm dying to have (those ships are already well past my price range), I'll have time to work for those. What's important now is trying out what else I like.

Barring any Drake ships that'll tickle me pink, I'll be adding a MISC Prospector to my roster tomorrow :)

In the end I went with the concept of buy 1 or 2 top tier ships and work my way down in game :). The most awesome ships will cost the most ingame for man hours so rather than pay with my life time grinding, I paid with my cheque book (As a once off investment in a dream since I can't actually go to space). I played Elite Dangerous for some time back in the day, but I got bored grinding my way for just one ship I wanted and it wasn't even the most expensive ship in the game. Just stuck behind reputation and cash wall, but I gave up halfway there ended with the funds but just couldn't be asked going through the grind for the rest of the rep.

My idea with Star Citizen was A. I believe in this game and its the closest thing to my getting to space dream a game can get thus far. B. I am damn well going to get a ship I want so I can spend time on all the games wonderful aspects that I wish to participate in rather than bogged down in the grind and wasting precious life hours doing the stuff I don't. Ergo my crazy crazy investment never to be repeated again :)

13 hours ago, LordSeb said:

In the end I went with the concept of buy 1 or 2 top tier ships and work my way down in game :). The most awesome ships will cost the most ingame for man hours so rather than pay with my life time grinding, I paid with my cheque book (As a once off investment in a dream since I can't actually go to space). I played Elite Dangerous for some time back in the day, but I got bored grinding my way for just one ship I wanted and it wasn't even the most expensive ship in the game. Just stuck behind reputation and cash wall, but I gave up halfway there ended with the funds but just couldn't be asked going through the grind for the rest of the rep.

My idea with Star Citizen was A. I believe in this game and its the closest thing to my getting to space dream a game can get thus far. B. I am damn well going to get a ship I want so I can spend time on all the games wonderful aspects that I wish to participate in rather than bogged down in the grind and wasting precious life hours doing the stuff I don't. Ergo my crazy crazy investment never to be repeated again :)

I'm happy for you, you've rounded up an impressive fleet of ships that'll serve you well and still keep you busy ;) I could only...hope (get it? Since you just bought an Endeavor Hope badumch, that was terrible I know) that the grind isn't horrendous. If the prices for the high-end ships were $250 I would've taken the plunge, but when they're 2..3..4 times my budget and many more times that for a normal $60 game it gets harder and harder to justify that expenditure. Missed my chance on the MM already, but there will be others. As long as I'm not at the bottom and still have fair progression I'll be happy.

I reached the same conclusion, Star Citizen is the space game many of us have always wanted and at the same time a game that challenges the entire industry to do better. I'm proud of the accomplishments they've been able to achieve so far and I trust the team to conquer future challenges. As much as I am excited, I'm also concerned about; the missed deadlines, constant reworks, and superlatively critical is whether the game will ever be completed. It's that uneasiness that grounds me in further supporting this game.

11 hours ago, LordSeb said:

OK here is a question out of the blue. Cutlass black vs 600I explorer or touring variant?

That's quite a large comparison between the two/three. I'll try my best. First it would help to know what you want to do in the Cutlass black? Secondly, I don't see too much of a difference in the 600i variants either way you're flying in luxury, you just might not have a hot tub, bar, or room service along the way. So you could still tour in the exploration module it just won't have all the amenities. Both the Cutlass and 600i offer good firepower for their respective ships. The 600i is fast for it's size, but not very agile. A good portion of its value comes solely from the Origin brand. Hope this helped. 

11 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

I upgraded my Freelancer DUR to a Prospector last night, I couldn't stand the crappy cockpit view on the Freelancer any more. The prospector is just a nice touring ship whether I want to get involved with mining or not. I also have a 315p for exploration.

My man.

42 minutes ago, DeadlySniper007 said:

I'm happy for you, you've rounded up an impressive fleet of ships that'll serve you well and still keep you busy ;) I could only...hope (get it? Since you just bought an Endeavor Hope badumch, that was terrible I know) that the grind isn't horrendous. If the prices for the high-end ships were $250 I would've taken the plunge, but when they're 2..3..4 times my budget and many more times that for a normal $60 game it gets harder and harder to justify that expenditure. Missed my chance on the MM already, but there will be others. As long as I'm not at the bottom and still have fair progression I'll be happy.

That is completely understandable. Everyone should spend only as much as there budget permits and my view is if they are over reaching it, don't get it! I mean after all this is a game, its all going to be in the game to earn and life should always be the priority. Haha we are in good hands not someones pay2win hands like EA from what I hear.
 Everyone is more than welcome to travel on my ships anyway. I am more here for social/casual gaming. Hehe I could only Hope, my Endeavor it keeps a few of us busy.

42 minutes ago, DeadlySniper007 said:

That's quite a large comparison between the two/three. I'll try my best. First it would help to know what you want to do in the Cutlass black? Secondly, I don't see too much of a difference in the 600i variants either way you're flying in luxury, you just might not have a hot tub, bar, or room service along the way. So you could still tour in the exploration module it just won't have all the amenities. Both the Cutlass and 600i offer good firepower for their respective ships. The 600i is fast for it's size, but not very agile. A good portion of its value comes solely from the Origin brand. Hope this helped. 

My main purpose is a general medium - small multi-role ship that has good viewing angles for piloting and relaxing, with a bit more pleasing aesthetics. My cutlass has been awesome. The 3.0 one looks amazing, but 600i seems to have a certain charm. I am pretty covered for exploration ships or science so I don't really need the explorer variant. It only is tempting because compared to the touring its got a bit more use. Albeit Carrack has a snub and rover etc so its not too much of a factor. I think why I am tempted to swap out cutlass for an 600i is A. size its not too big and B. no way in hell I can afford an 890 Jump which is too big anyway.

Edited by LordSeb

13 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

I upgraded my Freelancer DUR to a Prospector last night, I couldn't stand the crappy cockpit view on the Freelancer any more. The prospector is just a nice touring ship whether I want to get involved with mining or not. I also have a 315p for exploration.

I really doubt that the DUR will end with the same cockpit of the freelancer line. 

23 hours ago, LordSeb said:

That is completely understandable. Everyone should spend only as much as there budget permits and my view is if they are over reaching it, don't get it! I mean after all this is a game, its all going to be in the game to earn and life should always be the priority. Haha we are in good hands not someones pay2win hands like EA from what I hear.
 Everyone is more than welcome to travel on my ships anyway. I am more here for social/casual gaming. Hehe I could only Hope, my Endeavor it keeps a few of us busy.

Good point, though as I'm sure many can attest this game isn't exactly wallet-friendly. It makes it one of the most unique games to fund that's for sure. Yeah I think players appreciate developers who take their time and don't cut too many corners, it really shows in the final product. I look forward to see what crazy experiments or life-saving procedures you'll have in store for me. :)

My main purpose is a general medium - small multi-role ship that has good viewing angles for piloting and relaxing, with a bit more pleasing aesthetics. My cutlass has been awesome. The 3.0 one looks amazing, but 600i seems to have a certain charm.

They did a fine job with the new Cutlass, it looks and functions 10x better now. That being said it won't even come close to a 600i in terms of aesthetics. If you want a pretty ship it's going to be hard to beat the 600i. If you're open to a cheaper alternative the new constellation phoenix remodel is looking exceptionally better than it's current state from what the special atv showed.

I am pretty covered for exploration ships or science so I don't really need the explorer variant. It only is tempting because compared to the touring its got a bit more use. Albeit Carrack has a snub and rover etc so its not too much of a factor. I think why I am tempted to swap out cutlass for an 600i is A. size its not too big and B. no way in hell I can afford an 890 Jump which is too big anyway.

That's why I mentioned the explorer variant from what they've said - including in the 600i QA post - is that touring isn't meant to be commercialized, which seems a little odd, but I guess they see it solely as a money-sink. You never know, priorities change so maybe they'll open up to the idea. Just something to remember they're already starting to work on the ship so it won't be long till it receives its first price jump, so if you want to buy it there might not be a better time than now. You can't go wrong with either ship good luck with whichever you decide:)

Wallet screams a bit during Anniversary sale, So far my Fleet consists of:
Cutlass Red w/ 60 month ins, (may decide to get LTI on it ) 
Reliant Sen 
6 Month Ins (game package) 
Herald (LTI)
Reclaimer (LTI) 

Trying to position all my ships with the goal of making money while trying at the same to also keep the Org 's possible needs in mind. 

Edit: this is my 69 post :-D

Concerning the Cutlass Red w/ 60 month ins.... should I melt, get the hawk LTI then upgrade back to the RED?
Also, hope they make the Cutlass Red into spawn points, anytime you die, and you use someones red, the owner gets money.

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

Concerning the Cutlass Red w/ 60 month ins.... should I melt, get the hawk LTI then upgrade back to the RED?
Also, hope they make the Cutlass Red into spawn points, anytime you die, and you use someones red, the owner gets money.

Do you still have time to do it? sale ends today don't it. 

12 minutes ago, Silas said:

That's what I did to get LTI on my prospector. Do it If you can beat the midnight timer (I think that signals the end of sale).

STANDALONE SHIP - ANVIL HAWK LT

CUTLASS RED
Drake Interplanetary (DRAK)

ALSO CONTAINS
Lifetime Insurance
ANVIL Hawk Model
ANVIL Hawk poster

got the RED LTI now, many thanks all!

4 hours ago, Silas said:

STANDALONE SHIP - ANVIL HAWK LT

CUTLASS RED
Drake Interplanetary (DRAK)

ALSO CONTAINS
Lifetime Insurance
ANVIL Hawk Model
ANVIL Hawk poster

got the RED LTI now, many thanks all!

We will have many synchronized red flights! I think the respawn ability will not be put into the Red as it seems like more of an ambulance. I think it will be the temp life support ship for the trip to a medical endeavor.

3 minutes ago, LordSeb said:

2 hrs and 14 minutes on the clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any last takers

Gaah! I'm still thinking of the Endeavor! Let it end!

1 minute ago, DeadShade said:

We will have many synchronized red flights! I think the respawn ability will not be put into the Red as it seems like more of an ambulance. I think it will be the temp life support ship for the trip to a medical endeavor.

Yea from what I know Endeavor is the only one with the respawn ability. So it will definitely be a tandem job. I wonder how many of us have cutlass reds to tag along? Plenty of room for on-board staff.

Hahaha maybe we need a medical division? You could probably just umbrella it under a sub division of science or industry.

2 minutes ago, DeadShade said:

Hahaha may it end!!!! It's been playing on my mind since its first concept release and finally got me. I held out a long time though :D

1 minute ago, LordSeb said:

Yea from what I know Endeavor is the only one with the respawn ability. So it will definitely be a tandem job. I wonder how many of us have cutlass reds to tag along? Plenty of room for on-board staff.

Hahaha maybe we need a medical division? You could probably just umbrella it under a sub division of science or industry.

I think this would be a good idea. As my playing will probably be around medic and dropship gameplay. Cutlass red bringing wounded to the Endeavor and a dropship to deliver them back to the playing fields. It is true that the Endeavor needs a proper staff of players or NPCs so maybe it's a ship to bring along for ops?

I picked up a Super Hornet as well! Am getting scary close to Concierge now!