Tactical Advance
Akanoes

Anvil Hawk is now on sale ($80-90)

Ah-Space-Hunt.jpg

BE THE ARM OF JUSTICE
STAND UP FOR WHAT'S RIGHT

Advocacy and local law enforcement need your help.
There are those in the universe that don't believe in the values of your community and the rule of law. The Militia Mobilization Initiative has been working with law enforcement and bounty hunter representatives to increase awareness and provide training opportunities for civilians like yourself to lend a hand in restoring the security of your system.

Take back your community against the criminals seeking to threaten those you love.

Read more or buy it here for $80 (warbond) or $90 (normal)

Is it just me, or does this ship seem like it would actually be ideal in the hands of a pirate / slaver? Use it to track down a solo person wandering around, knock them out, throw them in the compartment, and then sell them into slavery at the nearest Xi'an outpost.

I'm having trouble imagining the times that there will be a bounty on a person who will be stupid enough to be caught out alone.

Neat ship anyway, though.

I am thinking of getting one. I don't have a EMP ship in my fleet, Also I want to do bounty hunting in the game. I have a cutlass Blue for when I want to play with other people but this could be good to help the cutlass and for when I want to play by my self.

11 minutes ago, Drakin said:

Is it just me, or does this ship seem like it would actually be ideal in the hands of a pirate / slaver? Use it to track down a solo person wandering around, knock them out, throw them in the compartment, and then sell them into slavery at the nearest Xi'an outpost.

I think we see a lot of player pirates with them in game. Because it a ship with ok weapons and a EMP. It is made to take down ships in one piece. I also see the being use as parts of larger fleets. 

What sold me was the 6 weapons and EMP. I know they say it has light armour, but get close enough with the EMP and then shoot engines and the target has issues. Not sure about using it as a "slaver". Not sure how that fits with my character :)

2 hours ago, LordSeb said:

Hmm how well would its EMP work on capital ships or something Carrack/Endeavor size? I would also be wondering if you need to get the targets shields down before the EMP takes effect.

It's only a size one EMP. I would hope it does very little to large ships. Even the Raven's size 3 EMP might not be enough for the larger ships. 

Would be a bit ridiculous to have something as small and cheap as a Hawk be able to take down the defenses of a larger ship. I expect it to be able to deal with fighter sized ships, along with Hull A and Hull B. Otherwise it's quite game-breaking. 

I suspect that using Disruption Pulse will be a lot harder and less effective than a lot of people are imagining, unless done as part of a larger group effort. If you see someone preparing to activate a DP you just have to lower the energy use of at least one key system (thrust, shields, or weapons) so that system will be functional after the DP. Then you won't be a sitting duck while the other systems recover.

In a multi ship battle it is just a matter of keeping the ships in your group separated so multiple ships are not taken out at the same time. Then it is a matter of coordinating defense of any ship that is disabled.

Obviously it is all speculation at this point, but I suspect the times you can sneak up and completely disable a ship with DP will be few and far between. Using it effectively in a multi ship battle will be very possible but will also require coordination to have everyone attack the disabled ship.

Edited by Drakin

3 hours ago, LordSeb said:

Hmm how well would its EMP work on capital ships or something Carrack/Endeavor size? I would also be wondering if you need to get the targets shields down before the EMP takes effect.

EMP works in a blast radius.  For example, using near a door opening to gain entry or taking out a small part of a ship.