Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Remulos

Preferred flying setup

I currently have a saitek x52 pro but when I move I won't have the space to take it with me. I've actually never used a mouse and keyboard with star citizen so I'm going to have to re-learn how to play the game. I'm considering this as an opportunity to revamp my setup so what do you guys think is the optimal hardware configuration?

Some popular examples: 

HOTAS + trackIR

Mouse + joystick

2x joystick

EDIT: I've also just learned about the Brian Blessed HCS voice pack for Voice Attack so I think I definitely need that!!!

Edited by Remulos

A lot of people love the idea of 2xSticks. Altough if you play different games (DCS), it's a bit of waste.

I currently have:

Virpil Mongoos T-50 + extensions  (I still have my old CH Fighterstick)

Thustmaster TWCS (waiting for the release of the Virpil Throttle: https://virpil.com/en/blog/89-introducing-the-vpc-mongoost-50-throttle)

CH Pro Throttle

CH MFP

Thrustmaster MFD

Track IR 4 + clip (clip mandatory)

Saitek TPM (I don't use it often)

img-20171019-wa0008.jpg

Now, do you need all these stuff? Not at all, especially for an arcade flight game such as Star Citizen. Actually, most of the time you can buy a cheap stick and have better results than a more expensive Warthog (wich has a terrible base, a shame because the grip is great). Also, I will be using mouse and keyboard most of the time, I don't care about small aircrafts and I don't thing bigger ones will require a stick at all.

So, end of the day, what do you "need"? Nothing more than keyboard + mouse. Next step might be a cheap HOTAS and try a HOSAS if you have the chance. Get a Track IR or a free alternative though. I bought mine at least 10-12 years ago and still works like a charm.

Edited by Karon

14 minutes ago, Karon said:

Now, do you need all these stuff? Not at all, especially for an arcade flight game such as Star Citizen. Actually, most of the time you can buy a cheap stick and have better results than a more expensive Warthog (wich has a terrible base, a shame because the grip is great). Also, I will be using mouse and keyboard most of the time, I don't care about small aircrafts and I don't thing bigger ones will require a stick at all.

So, end of the day, what do you "need"? Nothing more than keyboard + mouse. Next step might be a cheap HOTAS and try a HOSAS if you have the chance. Get a Track IR or a free alternative though. I bought mine at least 10-12 years ago and still works like a charm.

I do think sticks and HOTAS will coming in handy when trying to move the bigger ships close to stuff. But if you are not going to be the pilot that much like me I don't see the point in having one. 

3 minutes ago, RSLtaken said:

I do think sticks and HOTAS will coming in handy when trying to move the bigger ships close to stuff. But if you are not going to be the pilot that much like me I don't see the point in having one. 

Exactly. My point is simple: don't rush buying 1000£ worth of hardware just for Star Citizen. If you play flight sims or stuff were higher level hardware make a different than go for it, otherwise it's a waste (in my opinion of course).

1 hour ago, Karon said:

Exactly. My point is simple: don't rush buying 1000£ worth of hardware just for Star Citizen. If you play flight sims or stuff were higher level hardware make a different than go for it, otherwise it's a waste (in my opinion of course).

I have flight simulator X in my library but never got around to playing it haha. I think I'll see what the prices are like in Thailand for HOTAS or HOSAS but I'm definitely going to get voice attack. It's cheap enough to try it out without eating to much money if I don't use it.