Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

LordSeb

Radeon RX Vega 56 Owners and PC builder Question

A question for owners of the Radeon RX Vega 56 graphics card or anyone that builds their own pc. I am debating to upgrade to that graphics card and seem to be finding mixed info on its wattage about the internet. How much power do you guys find it uses and do you reckon a 500 watt power supply can handle it?

I am currently using a Corsair CX500w power supply, AMD FX 8350 8 core black edition CPU,  32g Corsair vengeance DDR3 ram, Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 motherboard, 1X 256g Corsair LS SSD, 2X 1TB ST200DM001-ich164 hds, a standard dvd drive and about 4 fans if memory serves.

Have you had a blue screen with your build yet? The way I would look at it, if you intend to upgrade your power go with 800 - 1000w. At least when you go to upgrade later on you will have the power to back it up.

14 hours ago, Bursar said:

Always be over the top when it comes to a PSU. I need nearly 900w so I run a Corsair 1000w. 10% is a good margin :)

So rolling with a corsair ax760i for 760watt would be a good idea then. If in theory graphics card takes between 200-300watt, cpu takes 125watts ish and the smaller components take something like 100watt (Guessing on the latter part, AMD reckons 200-300 for that card). It would leave a decent amount of room for something to go crazy or upgrade. I don't really intend to do crossfire :D though perhaps I should have wiggle room to do that just in case.... Efficiency wise that power supply has a platinum certified standard so ..... Hopefully my power bills won't be skyrocketing from this hobby.

Maybe I should get an 860 watt version :S lol the pricing kind of falls off a cliff at 1000watt. Going for the AX760i kind of makes sense to me from a physical standpoint its only a cm taller than my current CX500.

Thanks everyone for your two cents!