Hero
icecurle

Fleet/ Organisation Name Change Suggestion

Hello all!

My Idea:

I have been thinking about the organisation and its future endevouers with Star Citizen.

Personally, all rights to Tactical Advanced but I don't think "Tactical Advance" is a appropriate fleet/ organisation name for the Star Citizen space cultured environment. 

However, I do strongly agree that Tactical Advance should continue to be the name of the Community I just think we should have a different name for the fleet.

Currently the Community (teamspeak and forums) is divided into 2 main sections, Star Citizen and Other Games. My idea is that "Tactical Advance" community name represents both Star Citizen and the Other games - everything.

The main part of my idea is that Star Citizen part of the community has a more orientated space name for the fleet/ organisation; similar to such as the Republic, Federal, Federation, Rebel, Imperial etc

So, in the end the whole community (forums, teamspeak, etc) will remain to be Tactical Advance but the name of the fleet/ organisation will be changed to a more space orientated name.

Expanding on the idea:

So for the purpose of my idea I will just use "Imperial Fleet" as the name for the fleet/ organisation.

So the Imperial Fleet would be the name which represents all of - Industry, Military, Diplomacy and Exploration.

Expanding further another interesting idea would be calling these groups within the Imperial fleet "Brigades" - Industry Brigade, Military Brigade, etc.

So in the end it would look something like this...

Imperial Fleet

Brigades:

- Industrial 

- Military

- Exploration

- Diplomacy

This could be interesting because then we could continue to create our own lore for the fleet - we could also relate the fleet name to something todo with Star Citizen's lore.

Please remember this is just my idea, and my PERSONAL opinion, I would like to apologies in advanced if this has offended anyone.

Please leave your honest thoughts below.

Best Wishes!

icecurle

I like the idea but having the uniformity of a brand name over multiple games allows others to find us and recognise us in other games.

The idea of calling the org Imperial fleet suggests a Military organisation, and Tactical advance is more of a exploration and industry org than it is military, the naming of 'brigades'  also suggests military systems which do do not take part in currently.

3 hours ago, AirBorn4Life said:

Good name for Military- The Resistance

Industry- Hi-Lo Industries

Exploration- (Up for discussion)

Diplomacy- Savoir Faire(?)

The industry division is called 'Mercury Core' and the Exploration Division is called 'The Aldrin Institute'

Diplomacy is simply Known as 'The Department of Deplomacy'

I cannot remember what the military division is called at this time however.

Just a small correction - there is no d by the end of Tactical Advance :) .. as for the rest - there will be multiple names for multiple sub-divisions, there is no need to drop out brand name of organization at all :)

I joined Tactical Advance - Not some other organisation. "Imperial" Anything has Star Wars overtones. Division names are fine, broken down by either what they are or something familiar, but I like the "Tactical Advance" brand with its connections to our glorious leader - long shall he reign ;-)

5 hours ago, Benjamin_Smaridge said:

I like the idea but having the uniformity of a brand name over multiple games allows others to find us and recognise us in other games.

The idea of calling the org Imperial fleet suggests a Military organisation, and Tactical advance is more of a exploration and industry org than it is military, the naming of 'brigades'  also suggests military systems which do do not take part in currently.

The industry division is called 'Mercury Core' and the Exploration Division is called 'The Aldrin Institute'

Diplomacy is simply Known as 'The Department of Deplomacy'

I cannot remember what the military division is called at this time however.

57 minutes ago, Bursar said:

I joined Tactical Advance - Not some other organisation. "Imperial" Anything has Star Wars overtones. Division names are fine, broken down by either what they are or something familiar, but I like the "Tactical Advance" brand with its connections to our glorious leader - long shall he reign ;-)

I never once suggest imperial would be the final fleet name. I used Imperial as an example to broadcast my idea better.

Bursar, I never suggest to change the Division names I just suggested to call them brigades for a more interesting space orientated idea

4 hours ago, Roy said:

Just a small correction - there is no d by the end of Tactical Advance :) .. as for the rest - there will be multiple names for multiple sub-divisions, there is no need to drop out brand name of organization at all :)

Fixed :) 

9 hours ago, icecurle said:

The main part of my idea is that Star Citizen part of the community has a more orientated space name for the fleet/ organisation; similar to such as the Republic, Federal, Federation, Rebel, Imperial etc

I can see you are a Star Wars fan. But other than being groups in Star Wars they are not anything to do with space. 

• Republic, A state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch. 

Last time I look that don't fit what we are. As we don't have elections for the leaders. Also I don't think we are going to have a president. Also not much to do with space.

• Federal, having or relating to a system of government in which several states form a unity but remain independent in internal affairs

We are also not part of a government nor are we a state.

•  Federation, a group of states with a central government but independence in internal affairs or an organization or group within which smaller divisions have some degree of internal autonomy. 

Ok the second meaning fit us a little better. But still not got anything to do with space, other than Star Wars. 

• Rebel, a person who rises in opposition or armed resistance against an established government or leader.

This one could not fit us less. We are mostly a Industrial and Exploration Org. That knows if you want to do that and not get pushed around and attacked every 5 min, you need a strong military to put people off attacking you. But this Org has nothing to do with fighting the government (UEE). We are more help the UEE fight. So not even close. If we picked that it just because it sounded good to some people. 

• Imperial, relating to an empire. 

I think Tac would be happy if you could make him the empire of the Star Citizen universe. But after the last ones I think you have a up hill fight to put him in power. Also it a large Org that has a name close to that.

I don't see how they have anything to do with space. They are just names for Organizations or Structure for organizations/states. 

I like things simply. If we start call the fleet "Imperial Fleet", what happens when we have to talk about the Imperium fleet that could be close by. Or even working with us for some reason. What wrong with military fleet 1, 2 or 3. It easy to remember and even new people will know what you are on about. 

5 minutes ago, icecurle said:

I never once suggest imperial would be the final fleet name. I used Imperial as an example to broadcast my idea better.

As most here know i like ideas from new guys coming into the Org because it keeps things fresh, please dont feel dishearten from how this has been received.

Maybe talk with Ichi about a cool name for Military as 'Military Division' is abit boring lol. Think Zeus Legion or something :) 

46 minutes ago, RSLtaken said:

I can see you are a Star Wars fan. But other than being groups in Star Wars they are not anything to do with space. 

• Republic, A state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch. 

Last time I look that don't fit what we are. As we don't have elections for the leaders. Also I don't think we are going to have a president. Also not much to do with space.

• Federal, having or relating to a system of government in which several states form a unity but remain independent in internal affairs

We are also not part of a government nor are we a state.

•  Federation, a group of states with a central government but independence in internal affairs or an organization or group within which smaller divisions have some degree of internal autonomy. 

Ok the second meaning fit us a little better. But still not got anything to do with space, other than Star Wars. 

• Rebel, a person who rises in opposition or armed resistance against an established government or leader.

This one could not fit us less. We are mostly a Industrial and Exploration Org. That knows if you want to do that and not get pushed around and attacked every 5 min, you need a strong military to put people off attacking you. But this Org has nothing to do with fighting the government (UEE). We are more help the UEE fight. So not even close. If we picked that it just because it sounded good to some people. 

• Imperial, relating to an empire. 

I think Tac would be happy if you could make him the empire of the Star Citizen universe. But after the last ones I think you have a up hill fight to put him in power. Also it a large Org that has a name close to that.

I don't see how they have anything to do with space. They are just names for Organizations or Structure for organizations/states. 

I like things simply. If we start call the fleet "Imperial Fleet", what happens when we have to talk about the Imperium fleet that could be close by. Or even working with us for some reason. What wrong with military fleet 1, 2 or 3. It easy to remember and even new people will know what you are on about. 

Thanks for going into detail for each suggestion.

I didn't suggest these ideas on their google definition I simply suggested them because PERSONALLY I think they sound like a cool fleet name. 

Every name I suggested was either a basic/ relatable idea or used in context.

Litterally the only reason I suggested these was because of Star Wars/ Elite Dangerous and they where only intended to be ideas to think about.

Again we could use the name in a lore perspective,  in the future we may take over a system/ planet and could name the fleet after that.. who knows.

Thanks for your input :) 

40 minutes ago, BooJuice said:

As most here know i like ideas from new guys coming into the Org because it keeps things fresh, please dont feel dishearten from how this has been received.

Maybe talk with Ichi about a cool name for Military as 'Military Division' is abit boring lol. Think Zeus Legion or something :) 

Haha thanks man. Some people just need to be more open minded towards the suggestion instead of just shutting it down straight away. But, hey it's their personal opinion and that's fine!

I don't think you all understand what he was saying... simple saying to give the divisions more unique names... Other than "Exploration, military...etc"

Tactical advance as a whole is a community and that will stay as the name... simply saying change the division names to make them more unique. 

Simple example

Tactical Advance

-----------The Resistance(Military)(In my eyes it is clear that the RESISTANCE would obviously be military based...)

---------------(Then into subdivisions) Talon teams etc....

-----------Hi-Low Industries(Industry)

---------------(Subdivisions)

3 hours ago, AirBorn4Life said:

I don't think you all understand what he was saying... simple saying to give the divisions more unique names... Other than "Exploration, military...etc"

Tactical advance as a whole is a community and that will stay as the name... simply saying change the division names to make them more unique. 

Simple example

Tactical Advance

-----------The Resistance(Military)(In my eyes it is clear that the RESISTANCE would obviously be military based...)

---------------(Then into subdivisions) Talon teams etc....

-----------Hi-Low Industries(Industry)

---------------(Subdivisions)

Yes, Airs right but also creating a name for the whole fleet which represents all the divisions.

And then on my Expanding idea I suggested that the Divisions contain a brigade... E.g the industry divisions brigade, is called Mercury core - The Mercury core brigade

errm .. name of the military would be nice,  when people in military come with it ... but fleets will be one level below ... and I totally see possibility of imperial fleet of TA located around Terra :) ...   but calling the whole military "resistance" is quite strange ... it's the same thing as calling us airforce "marines" ... :)

I believe we where thinking of calling the fleet's military division "The Armada" 

A Spanish word that originally meant simply "armed", armada is now used in Spanish-speaking nations as the name of their national navies. In English, the word usually has historical overtones. The Great Armada of 1588 was a 120-ship fleet sent by Philip II of Spain in an attempt to invade Elizabethan England

;-)

Thanks for your input. Like Benjamin already pointed out most of our divisions already have cool names, however like the others have suggested maybe you could shoot some ideas through Ichi for the Military Division. Though, Ichi still hasn't gotten back to me regarding my 30 pages of naming suggestions I sent him earlier. I don't know if my message got intercepted by hackers in the dark web or if my proposals were just really bad :-D jk

As for a fleet name I'm already content with the TAC fleet, but I'd welcome hearing more ideas. As a general rule I think simplicity is the way to go: too many nicknames can be overwhelming and can cause confusion - especially for newcomers. So I'm totally fine if the Military Division endures our trials of creativity.

That said I think a workaround could be made concerning the "brigades" part: if sections of the divisions were broken up into regional entities such as; the southwest quadrant or whatever I think the idea could serve to be more feasible.

19 hours ago, Galaxy_Express said:

I joined tactical advance. I find it ridiculous and childish to change the name to imperial or all the other suggestions named. I like it simple if it works don't brake it....

I agree with you, all I was simply proposing was to change the division names