Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Bursar

Land Grants

Hi Dan, as I suspect these things will go like all RSI items and go up in price, if they arent AT LEAST the money I paid for them there will be raised eyebrows at a minimum. I'm actually trying to find out who has them NOW, to use from Day 1. I think there will be some advantage to be gained from people having them from day 1 in game and able to exploit AND register them instantly. :)

CIG specifically said there be no advantage. I think you may be building your hopes up too high with regard to the value of land grants.

You should only be buying land grants as a way to support Star Citizen and because you're interested in that style of play. You should not be buying land grants to gain any advantage in the game. If you are expecting an advantage I think you may be very disappointed.

Obviously buying a land grant gives you the "advantage" of being able to enjoy that aspect of game play instantly when the game goes live without having to do any "grinding." But any advantage beyond that... I wouldn't hang my hat on that.

Keep in mind that particularly valuable sections of land will take time to find, and in that time others will have earned land grants in game. Also, others will be able to achieve many of the same goals without even having a land grant at all. Land grants are just one aspect of the game.

Edited by Drakin

Drakin is right. It not much of a advantage in having them. Only real advantage I see is the UEC you save not having to buy it in game can go to building on the land. I think that is where most of the cost of having land will be. Setting up mine, refineries and areas to live, and just other buildings you need.

So having a Herald, Dur & Prospector and some sticks with my name on it wont get me any advantage on day one? ;) Well I agree to an extent, but we have no idea how much they will be in game if they have to be earned. But I am working on a plan - and it's a cunning one. More cunning than a fox with its head cut off too.  :)

Having to earn something in game first will take time. Additionally having a lump of ground that ships can be set down on will be an advantage in some cases - let alone the resources it offers. I know what RSI have said, but there was a huge furore' about "buying land" when these were released and at least some of the arguments were valid.